Asuess RMA

Sent in 390x DC3 after black screen at driver install issue. community.amd.com/thread/204651
Asus says it's borked, wants to send me strix rx480/8. performance is close and it has lower consumption but I feel like I'm being shafted a bit as this card was much more expensive new and isn't the 480 the 380 equivalent?

what do.

480 is as fast as a 390 with half the cores.

That's why it's kind of a raw deal that it's cheaper.

I say do it unless they are offering an alternative.

But it's not new anymore, and AMD doesn't have anything to compete at higher price points. If you want something of the same original value, try to get them to send you an Nvidia card instead.

Not quite as fast, my friend has a PC 480/8. If it's all I can get I'll take it though. Something is better than nothing or I could prob sell for $200 NIB and put it towards a 1070
I do understand that depriciation and all, I was just wondering if I could get something better. I didn't even think ablout getting a Nvidia replacement. thanks user

OP I think you should just take the 480 personally, but that's just me. I'd say see if they can send you a 1060 6gb or something first though

The 480/8 has been faster than the 1060/6 for a good while now.

1060 sucks. Id only ever take one for free, because theyre a terrible value for the performance you get. 480 stomps all over it while costing less.

>this card was much more expensive new
>was
nigger just fuck off and deal with getting a decent card in replacement, or sell it off to some cunt on craigslist, and then suck someone's dick for a free R9 390X again

a fury?

I would have bought a 480, but none would fit my case.

Take the 480.
Sell it.
Put in a bit more money.
Buy GTX 1070.

Ahahahahha this is why you go MSI.

Sent in my 390 and they sent me back a gtx 1070 gaming x as replacement.

>"things that didn't happen" the post

You are delusional.

That's AMD fanboys for you. They also told me a 960 was 'wurz den trashz' but it runs all my gayms just fine.

Okay first of all, that's just fanboy-ism in general, and secondly, nobody other than the faggots that care about unnecessarily high framerates at unnecessarily high resolutions at maxed settings would say the 960 is bad.
Coming from someone who was stupid enough to get the 750 Ti instead of the R7 360, which means I spent more for a worse card.

>here we can give you this CURRENT model, a NEW gpu in replacement for your broken old one, it's much more efficient, more quiet, even has flashy LEDs, 50000 times better drivers, much more performance in current benchmarks

>pffff no i want to keep my old shitty slow loud heater

hopefully they send you nothing

>1060 is not the worse card compared to 480

You are objectively wrong

>960 was a bad card they said, how wrong are they?! Am I right or am I right?

Objectively wrong again. 960 cost $50-100 more than 280-285 and still performed at best 5%. It performed worse than 280x and costed either more or same with less memory.

Fucks sakes, people are so wrong that they believe they are right.

I have noted about 10-15% better performance at 1100/1600 than stock cooled 480 oc benchmarks. It is a heater though at 80-85c full load. fans 50-70%

Take the 480, your power bill will thank you later.

by stock cooled do you mean reference model or the asus STRIX OC model? in either case, that's a shitty comparison because both can be further overclocked and the 480 OC's much better than the 390. there is no downside to switching.

480 is literally the same performance but it runs cooler

I'm going to
agreed with cooler but I am using 2560x1600 and 390x still seems abetter in everything I play except FO4.

I'm gonna take the 480.

Well at least you won't have to deal with the cluster fuck that is the 390x drivers. XFX 480 never goes over 72 in benching. It's ok.

Just take it you picky bastard.

Where did this '390x has shitty drivers'-meme come from?

I have an MSI 390x running under Win10 without any problems whatsoever, smooth as butter.

That being aid, take the 480 or an Nvidia replacement OP

You have never used Linux, have you?

im gonna say the 390x performs slightly better than rx 480 but overall it should be about the same performance with newer tech
id be slightly annoyed but still take the rx 480 8gb

You sent in a $500 gpu. You should get the same gpu or an equivalently price gpu or your money back.

Is it possible to brick a card on purpose to get a new one?

Bump

Tell them to fuck off and get money back, simple. Buy from somewhere else.

Bullshit. Goods depreciate in value over time. A 390X is worth less than an RX 480 in 2017. It's irrelevant what it cost at launch. No company is obliged to upgrade you in any way in terms of performance when it comes to an RMA replacement. You're supposed to get an equivalent card back, which is exactly what an RX 480 is. Especially with more recent drivers, which generally put it ahead of the Hawaii/Grenada cards across the board.

Get the money back from where? The retailer isn't going to refund him unless it's within the first 30 days, and Asus are offering a perfectly adequate replacement. You fucks are retarded.

i had a faulty 980 and got a 1070 superclocked back as a free upgrade

feels good

Depends on your resolution. If you're at 1080p just take it. If you're at 1440p you might want another 390x if the power draw doesn't bother you.