Hey Sup Forums, first time poster here. I just picked this up for just under $600...

Hey Sup Forums, first time poster here. I just picked this up for just under $600. I'm retarded when it comes to technology just wanted an OK gaming PC. How hard did I get fucked and could you explain why and where?

microcenter.com/product/474288/G151_Desktop_Computer

for gaming its not the best
you could of have built better for cheaper but since its prebuilt its ok since no hassle

It is not that bad. In terms of pure performance, you did not really overpay by much, maybe $50-$100.

The trouble will be later. Your PSU is low-end, your case is cramped, your mobo is low-end. The PC will last less than if you picked out better components, and upgrading will be more difficult.

Some games may need you to upgrade your GPU. Don't expect to run anything at max as it is.

Also nuke the fuck out of the hard drive. Install Windows fresh.

Not the best news but good to know I didn't overpay too much. PSU is power supply yeah? Noticed I plug in the power at the top but I always thought power supplys were at the bottom, hmmm.. Hopefully it won't be dead awful to upgrade.

Don't really need to run max, just solid 1080p and I'd be super satisfied. What do you mean by nuke hard drive, is there something wrong with it?

Thanks for the replies, don't mind my retardation.

Preinstalled bloatware, malware, and NSA stuff - not that it will do much good against the latter.

Buy an SSD, clean install Windows onto it.

> your mobo is low-end
In what sense? It's not z270 and doesn't have overkill vrm/audio - but it have everything needed and good build. No bad reviews (except one doa on newegg). So can you elaborate, please?
Also, his psu have 30 amps on combined 12v rails, so he can upgrade to 1080/m.2 ssd and have no problems to drive it (yes, nothing on quality of that psu, but still).

The specs are alright for the price. Where you got fucked was letting somebody else pick your components and now you're stuck with shitty brands that have to strike deals with companies to make sales.

Enjoy your chinkshit PSU/mobo exploding a week after warranty expires.

don't wanna start a new thread just to ask a question, but what would you suggest to be a good laptop now? i pretty much only use it for work (word/excel/pp, mail client, spss) and browsing the net, for anything else i have a desktop. 13 inches preferrable. Price and build quality are top priorities, don't really care about battery life

used x220 for sure.

>no HDMI
>no bluetooth
>shit design
>pointing stick
>costs a lot

i must be getting trolled

>hdmi

eeewww

> Price and build quality are top priorities
> i pretty much only use it for work (word/excel/pp, mail client, spss) and browsing the net
So you desperately need hdmi for this tasks? Bluetooth 3.0 are integrated, reading must be hard.
>shit design
subjective
>costs a lot
sure, if you don't bother to look anywhere.

Move on and buy mba, you need it for sure.

how is HDMI not required for office work?

So your "work" monitor does have hdmi and don't have dp?

>no HDMI
display port
>no bluetooth
wrong
>shit design
plain black, doesn't get more professional
>pointing stick
the best input method ever invented
>costs a lot
you'd have to be a retard to spend more than $200 on it

I wouldn't get one for your requirements though. Screen resolution is too low. Get a used X250. These are reasonably cheap (around $500) and you can get them with a 1080p screen.

HDMI is outdated but if you haven't switched to Display Port for some reason, they're compatible with a passive adaptor. Or just get a docking station like every sane person with a business laptop.

Lurk 2 years before posting

You don't belong on a tech enthusiast board nigger. Get some consumer grade piece of shit and get on with your life.

docking stations are fuckhuge

>work at micro center
>my fucking store stock bin is powerspecs for days
>been working on those for 5 days straight
>more come in
>literally doa or perfect no in-between
>ASROCK MOTHERBOARD PILE
>ALWAYS THE MOBO
please release me from this hell

asrock motherboard a pile of shit?

I have a palette of them in my store stock office that I'm staring at when I work in fear. They're not the best boards it's just MSI and asrock have such bad QC on mobos. Especially the bulk stuff they send us for powerspecs

Except they're not. They extend the footprint of the laptop by about 5cm to the left and 3cm to the top.

damn, I have an MSI z87-G43 board, only been 3 years but i guess it could die with the i5-4670k CPU at 4.6GHz 1.355v or 4.8GHz 1.46+v anytime in the future

>I came here to tell everyone how much of a tech illiterate I am. I don't really want a long lasting, practical system,

You don't even own a display port monitor...
Have you been living under a rock for the last 10 years?

>tech has moved on without me
>autistic screeching

>you could of have built better for cheaper but since its prebuilt its ok since no hassle

No.