Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend_and_extinguish
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

never

you were never the bad guys

You never were.
You'll never be.

you destroyed all your competition through software lock-in and deliberately coding in compatibility issues with everything else, and you tried to sue the shit out of everyone

no, never, fuck proprietary software forever

you were the bridge between shitty 5.25" dos terminals and the web that business actually got behind and funded

you will always be the wife
>linux will always be the mistress
>mac... gay uncle? I mean damn he's stylish though.

>that slide makes for an interesting 3-way that 50/50 ends really badly

Microsoft has always been the good guys.

Again?

>debian wallpaper

I do not know alot about Satiya Nadella but I have heard him speak. When he speaks I believe him and I believe he wants to help the open source community. Not just out of the kindness of his heart but because he has made it clear it affects Microsoft's bottom line that Linux gets improved upon. So I think things are going to change alot for us in the next few years because of this leader.

They are pushing for it because they want the minority of the windows userbase that actually cares but isn't satisfied with windows 10 to fuck off for real. Even Microsoft wants you to stop using winshit.

EMBRACE
EXTEND
EXTINGUISH

MS has tried this tactic on Linux before and it didn't work
Fuck off, Microsoft

They never change, they still try to create vendor lock in via APIs and other crap. DX12 is a perfect example. They only open things when they have totally failed to gain control.

I doubt they can even function as a normal company due to management. They would probably make more money if they fired almost everyone and just kept a small group to maintain their profitable products. Investors don't like that, so they endlessly hurl money at failed attempts to grow such as bing, xbox and windows phone. Investors don't understand tech much so they prefer getting a 2% dividend with unrealistic speculation of huge growth rather than 5% with it being run like a utility company.

Salty Nutella's just another corporate drone pushing for the eradication of privacy and security. He wouldn't say anything unless he thought it would help Microsoft datamine more people.

I dont want microsoft loving linux

Imagine all the pajeet microsoft workers who are gonna be putting their dirty hands into linux now

graphical RPMs that prompt the user where they want to install things. if you want to install IIS or Office to /var/log or /sbin or /root go right ahead, next next next, advertisement, license agreement, data collection checkbox on finish screen

fuck windows and every bit of windows culture. it's time to pull up the ladder to protect the clubhouse

nice.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend_and_extinguish

>he hasn't seen Fedora's workforce

Microsoft has been contributing to the kernel for years, as is google and many other companies.

Looks like we are a little new here, buddy?

Hi how are you doing newfriend welcome to Sup Forums!

I know that you are new here and probably eleven and that these computer things may seem very silly to you but heres a brief explanation.

Install gentoo

What a bad quality bait.

Fuck Microsoft.

is Satya Nadella gay though

>poo
>good
Into the street you go.

>open mailing lists
>all the names are either dirty slavs or poo-in-loos implementing shitty code everywhere and complaining about problems on their test bed.

Yeah no fuck off.

wtf is this shit? Salmonella with hot dog?

>Microsoft has been contributing to the kernel for years,
Mostly because they forced to do. Anyway they do next to nothing aside compatibility patches for their inhouse cloud and VM shit. At least Google fixed networking scheduler and several security issues on user and kernel space.

That's why they continue to patent troll any open source project.
Just tell Microsoft to fuck off

It started with Ballmer though.

compared to google and amazon? absolutely.

compared to the fsf? no.

for the win