He bought a K version of a 6700 or 7700

>He bought a K version of a 6700 or 7700
>He doesn't even OC
>He spent $50 more for a 2% increase in his gaymes and an 8% increase in other tasks
>He had to delid his CPU because it was overheating

What's the point of buying a 6700k or 7700k if you don't OC? Higher power consumption and higher temps for a small increase in performance.

*she
(。>﹏

This :3

go big or go home desu

The thing about overclocking on Intel chips is that they already come clocked so high that you can barely push it much further.

I bought a K chip so when it reaches the end of its lifecycle I do a suicide overclock run.
i managed to get my 2500k to 5.8ghz at 1.6volts before killing it after replacing it with a 6700k.

wow, that's totally worth it dude!

Degenerated faggot shit, but still better than cartoon weeb post. Anyway sage.

I'll go one step further, and say I bought the z270 chipset and I don't even oc. Only ram. My cpu runs pretty cool though, hits 70s sometimes for a brief time. I'm coming from a haswell mobile quad though, so that thing idled at like 60. I got my 7700k for $309 as well, so the price difference was minimal. Better single core performance

fuck off Sup Forums

Not him, but no. We're everywhere, and you will submit or pay jizya in tendies. Venezuelans may pay with pepes, as they need every tendie they can get.

Fuck off socjus

which cooler

Cryorig something whatever compared to the popular cooler Master one everyone uses

Cryorig H7

I OC my 6700k to 4.3Ghz with a 212 evo. Not sure when I will upgrade to an aio and go for the 4.7-8.

Depends on the chip.

I'm somewhere between a 15-20% overclock on my 4790k.

holy shit that cpu temp

samefag.

nice, i have an athlon X3 450 running at 3.2 with all 4 cores unlocked. it reaches 86 degrees in summer.

mine is at stock and has been like this for the past year or so :^)

Ooooh

>he bought intel housefires

I'm exactly the same as user here . Bought a 7700K because Z270 and 3200mhz RAM. Also after informing myself quite a lot I realized the 7700 non-K was pretty much heating as much so that means I'd have been forced to buy a cooler anyway... so taking these things into account the 7700K was just the better choice all in all, even if I had to pay a little bit more.

I also got a H7. Max temp so far has been 70°C but it got blown pretty fast, it generally doesn't heat much, stress test I did on CPU-Z got it to 65°C max.
TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT that my mobo is currently set to 1.3 volt for 4400mhz, which I believe is too much and is probably making it heat up more than it should. I haven't changed it yet because I'm not sure what'd be good. If you guys have advice I'd appreciate it.

How often does it happen? I guess even if you do you have the OPTION to do it later?

x4's don't fuck around. You could cool one with cow shit and it wouldn't mind.

>He doesn't overclock

>tfw bought a 7600k
>don't even plan on overclocking

>What's the point of buying a 6700k or 7700k if you don't OC?
3.6 vs. 4.2 GHz is your answer.

Does underclocking count?

19% on 7700k, I'm content.

>I bought a K chip so when it reaches the end of its lifecycle I do a suicide overclock run.

Huh, that's not actually a bad idea. My biggest problem with my delidded 3570k is that it'll be impossible to sell it that way. Going all out on the performance might be an interesting experiment once I decide to get rid of it; I've never thought of it that way.

I didn't give you permission to post my gf

>he didn't get the K version
>he spend the extra money on tranny accessories like programming socks and pink sleeved power cables.

>I bought a K version
>tought I would be able to use it for longer by OC to play newer games
>didn't know it's basically useless
>managed to play most games on high setting for 4-5 years anyway

I'm not too upset about it, now I know better.

wow

how long did it last at 5.8 GHz?

Why do you care?

completed several cinebench runs, it only really died once i rebooted to see if i could go further.

The non-overclocked speed of the 7700K is pretty well above the 7700. Why is that not a good reason?

Bump >TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT that my mobo is currently set to 1.3 volt for 4400mhz, which I believe is too much and is probably making it heat up more than it should. I haven't changed it yet because I'm not sure what'd be good. If you guys have advice I'd appreciate it.
Any help or advice from 7700K fellows please?

I bought an 6700 non k and I don't know if I did the right choice, I probably wouldn't even notice tho.

This. I currentlly have my 7700k at only 4.7GHz and 1.24v. Going to delid later and try 5 - 5.1GHz.

I don't give a shit about $50 so I'm not concerned about spending $50 more to overclock. I spent $84 on lunch yesterday. Sorry you're poor.

>4.4GHz
>1.3v
That's not even an overclock, it's at stock. Dumb fucking retard. Try 1.15 - 1.2v.

OwO

cute!

I got the 7600k and haven't needed to delid at all. It's at 4.8ghz and gets to maybe 60c max with air.

Where the fuck did you go to spend that much on lunch? It better have been the best, what ever the fuck it was

Because I'm a male idiot who likes his computer to go vroom vroom

A small wagyu steak with a buckwheat and smashed herb salad.

you might want to delid

Just to kicks AMD's ass

>bought 4790k
>fell for the 32gb ram meme
>slap 4 sticks on
>still trying to get my oc stable at 4.6

What's the point of buying anything if you don't overclock? Are you guys that tarded?

Who even mentioned overclocking? Before calling someone a dumb retard work on your reading comprehension you stupid kid.

I undervolted to 1.250v earlier and my temps aren't getting higher than 60°C under normal loads aka what I usually do. Purposely stressing it gets it between 60 and 65°C. From what I read elsewhere it's rather fine and I could even be stable at 1.225 from what I read so I'm rather happy for now. We'll see in Summer.

Because they're better than a locked i5 or i7 even if you leave them at stock.

Any meal that isn't low class shit for the manual labor working class, or paying for a dates meal (something you've never experienced)

>Overclocking
>Ever

I will never understand this meme. It's always the same shit in every benchmark

>Look guys, I ramped my CPU and GPU temps by 24 degrees and dumped another constant 55 watts into my monthly power bill and I shaved 3 seconds off an 18 minute encoded and got 3 more FPS in Tomb Raider

2700k, nearly twice the price of a 2500.
Never OC'd, marginal gains.

OTOH, that was 4p a day over the lifetime of the system, it doesn't really keep me up at nights. I always buy top of the range stuff because I can only be bothered to invest time in it every five years.

Computer hardware isn't *that* expensive. If you haven't got the money then fair enough but I think some of this is really the kind of behaviour that draws people to sales and 'bargains' - its being a spendthrift.

Stop changing your system every 18 months and buy quality when you do.

I have a 4690k, I don't OC. I paid like $80 for it.