Creators Update thread

Creators Update thread

What are we in for? Pic related.

Here's how to force the update now: neowin.net/news/windows-10-creators-update-is-now-available-to-install-using-microsofts-update-assistant

Other urls found in this thread:

neowin.net/news/microsoft-details-new-controls-over-windows-updates-in-the-creators-update
query.prod.cms.rt.microsoft.com/cms/api/am/binary/RW1t9R
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A Big Black Cock (: Enjoy

That's not the final version number for the release.

What we always get from Microsoft, a good thing and a ton of bad things.

What did "she" mean by this?

I installed it, and the only thing good about this update is the ability to pick any accent color. I kinda regret doing this update.

>mouse doesn't work
>can't even log in. after entering password it goes to black screen for a little while and returns to login screen.
Awesome. At least I couldn't boot to recovery options and restore old buld.

>I couldn't boot
*could

More ads, more bugs and couple features out of which 50% work right and 10% are worth it.

Business as usual really.

BOTNET
O
T
N
E
T

I've tried the latest build and god fuck that was awful. About 100 processes running by default, all using bandwidth and CPU power at random for no reason at all. Botnet was real. Hope it's actually not the official latest build because that's royally fucked if it is.

>we
You mean you, win10 cucks

windows 10 is fine, stop being a retarded baby and pretending it's any different or worse than your decade old install of win7 bloated with 20 gigs of security updates.

More spying, more ads
enjoy you're shitware

Enjoy your down syndrome.

t. pajeet from MS shilling station #743

>taking picture of screen

kys

>i hate contributing to threads, and will instead shitpost

>anyone I don't like is an indian

I don't get this meme.

Weak bait, to be honest.

I read the creator's update should allow to disable any type of intrusive updating or checking up on updates? Is that true?

desu I'm just going to wait for the stable release to hit the Slow Ring. I've never had any desire to beta test operating systems, and by the time I get it the kinks will mostly be ironed out.

lol, no

neowin.net/news/microsoft-details-new-controls-over-windows-updates-in-the-creators-update

Not all the way, but you can pretty much disable updating with group policy edits.

My guess is that disabling updates altogether is going to happen at some point in the next year or two. They are usually slow to admit their mistakes, and would rather do it slowly with "incremental changes" like these.

Like I said, this is all irrelevant because group policy edits can disable updates. If you aren't enough of a "power user" to use GP, then it is probably a good thing that you can't disable updates :^)

There's a Windows 10 Pro system that even with group policy still has popups to check out important updates to download. Any way to deal with that even further?

You can always modify the hosts file to null route the domains that the update service makes calls to.

I am going to wait for it to pop by itself this time, because I am sure Microsoft is going to fuck up this one BAD

>>anyone I don't like is an indian
>I don't get this meme.
More like "bought shills are a dime a dozen in India, much like anything else".

Whoops

You'd have to operate on another plane of delusion to believe that M$FT actually pays people to "shill" its services and OS to a crowd that is extremely hostile to it already, and can't be more than a few thousand at any given point in time.

Why doesn't Sup Forums believe that people exist who like M$FT products without being paid to like them?

>filename literally has "Win10 Cloud"
>someone is still going to respond to this bait

What a world we live in.

What IS win10 cloud, Pajeet?

I can't tell if you are actually curious or just baiting (I don't really know how you'd be baiting, though, since that could be taken as a legitimate question).

Well, what is it? Please use official MS souces

icmp socket support in bash

it's still an abomination and something that literally shouldn't exist

Why bother. You know what it is, and so do I. And its nature of being "leaked" has you spergs thinking that you can "scare" the Windows 10 users on here with FUD about how in the coming year they won't be able run non-store apps and shit like that. Sure, I could reference conversations I've had with Win 10 dev team members at various M$FT meetings I go to. Sure, I could mention that there are literally 0 (zero) tangible pieces of evidence that Windows 10 Cloud is going to be a "forced option", or that it is even related to Windows 10 itself at all. But what would the point be? You're going to think you won after reading this, and that's fine. I'm going to keep on using Windows, and you're going to keep on using whatever OS you use (which is probably windows too, and you're just being a contrarian faggot), and in around 3-4 hours, neither of us will even remember this thread.

>create a trimmed down version of the OS with baked in security trimming and a lightweight footprint, aimed at education and the enterprise with the intent of competing with Chromebooks
>people who will never use it ever for any reason are upset by this

I don't really know what to tell you, user. It seems like you are getting upset over something that has literally (and I mean literally) no impact on your life in any way whatsoever.

Why let it get to you?

>various M$FT meetings I go to
So you're literally a shill. Really nice!

>You know what it is, and so do I
Nope, still haven't told me what it is. Because you can't show any sources to back up your claims.

>or that it is even related to Windows 10 itself at all.
It's certainly not a new OS, but just win10 with the application block from WinRT.

Is this you?

Eh, i'm over it at this point. You win, user. I love a good shitflinging contest occasionally, but after around 3-4 replies, it becomes a little dull without external input.

Sorry to be a dropout.

As a parting comment, I'll remark on the weird state of mind that, ostensibly, most of us are in. We see so much shitposting day in and day out on this board, with people "ironically" shilling for countless products and technologies (winfags BTFO, AMDfags BTFO, macfags BTFO, lincuckfags BTFO, nvidiafags BTFO, etc.), but in spite of this, we are quick to believe that a certain, specific product being ironically shilled isn't ironic at all and is in fact a coordinated and paid attempt by a huge corporation to influence the gentle and impressionable minds of our young souls.

I don't know, maybe I just don't take to conspiracy theories all that well, but it seems hard for me to believe that. All you really have to do is look at profit margins, and you'll see that M$FT has a lot more to gain from shilling to the general populace or making cold calls to sysadmins than it does from targeted "shilling" on a board where most people don't believe anything they read in the first place.

Seems like a waste of time to me.

Anyway, later friend.

Enterprise is enough buggy without it.

Anyone have a link to download to the "Windows 10 1703 Upgrade Assistant"? The ones provided on the articles are broken already.

query.prod.cms.rt.microsoft.com/cms/api/am/binary/RW1t9R

Did you seriously not read what I just said?

>The ones provided on the articles are broken already.

It literally WORKS FOR ME.

>installs cloud version
>complains that he has cloud version

The link works on both my regular network and in Tor.

The problem is on your end.

Not gonna switch back until they fix font rendering and a few other fuckeries.

>muh font rendering
kys weeabo

What?

You right, my bad. Just downloaded it on my phone just fine. Don't see why both chrome and edge gave me the same issue on my pc.

kys weeabo

It's a good idea to check what words mean before you use them.

kys weeabo

I just installed it, it installed the same Win 10 Version I already had which is 1607

You probably weren't all the way updated with 1607. I'm on building 14393.969 currently and installing creators update.

>14393.969
I was.
Now I'm not anymore since I have to reinstall every update for 1607

have fun

just install mactype

You're in for a reinstall of the system. Check for windows.old folder.

>Actually implying Microsoft isn't stupid enough to push that to Home and Pro
inb4 "muh LTSB", if you have to pirate and crack software to make it usable it isn't worth using

Can I just delete it?

It's only for backup purposes, right?

Yep, I recommend removing it with "disk cleanup" however.

Just look disk cleanup up in your start menu and clean up system files.

Yes, but use the built-in deletion in Control Panel 'free disk space'. I learnt the hard way that outright removing it fucks your system hard.

Thanks. 20 GB of literal junk. Really makes you think...

Seems about right. Windows 7 was about 30GB for the windows install. Windows 10, I believe they managed to half that (more or less), initial install, no updates should get you about 16GB~ish install. Almost being 20GB I'd say combined with updates sure.

lol

>用俄語填寫注冊姓名與機構
再次給你奌贊。

The tool fucked me as well, it just downloaded and installed 1607 again.

Does this upgrade reinstall all the bullshit metro apps?
Does it reset settings again?

probably no
no

I got the anniversary update in January, will I get this update in two years?

yes
yes

Neither the update assistant or the direct download to the iso are working anymore. What the heck, who knows a fix?

All of a sudden the update assistant started working again. Hopefully its the right update this time.

>braille support
why? is this for designers or users?

My computer has been failing to install the KB4013429 update, and spends five minutes trying to install it and then restart it.

Anybody know how to fix I'm fucking tired of this bullshit