Mfw I'm a content creator with hundreds of followers working on an i5 3450...

>mfw I'm a content creator with hundreds of followers working on an i5 3450, watching absolute 0 IT skills people freaking out between the 7700k and the 1700
Worst of all is I still feel comfy with my i5, I feel like I do not deserve a 8t/16t processor as I wouldnt max it out frequently enough

Btw curious about something, what is the today's best motherboard for Ryzen RAM OC ?

Sup Forums is not consumer advice fa.m

An 8+ thread CPU would boost your encode times quite a bit. I use an old FX-8350 for encoding and that's a bit faster than my i5-4690. Probably not worth it unless your subs go into the thousands though.

Generally the more expensive the board the better it is. They don't offer bare minimum boards with good power management, they only put good power delivery with other high end features do you have to spend a lot to get it. Back in the day you could spend $100 for the good chipset with good power delivery. Not anymore.

>"""content creator"""
Yeah nah, believe it or not there are people who use their pc for proper work.

>hundreds of followers
So you literally have no following? Got it

RIP the P5Q Pro times

Asrock taichi

Oh but there's also absolute neckbeards freaking out over the 7700k and the 1700. These people just lost touch with reality, like those zombies lining up for the latest Apple iPhone even though they already have the non S version. They only live to consume.

because those same 0 IT skill persons are paid to try to sell you shit.

They wouldnt be freaking out if THEY had to pay for the cpus.

Imagine if they had to be honest and inform you that if you have an intel i5 sandy bridge or higher you're pretty good untill today.

Nobody would make any money.

At least 90% of people don't need i7. I worked in a IT store, it's incredible how people are victims of marketing. They are just fucking convinced if they don't have the latest i7, their computer will be slow as shit. They think you can't play on an i3 or i5, they think it is literally impossible to render something on anything else than an i7.
I remember I saw countless poor assholes who saved for a long time to get a 500$ CPU for doing shit like word processing or gaming.

Bloomfield was the last "big upgrade," and everything since then has been minor except integrated graphics.

Sandy Bridge was a pretty big thing, though.

>hundreds of followers
that's not much more relevant than 0

I do fine on most shitboxes that don't hit any higher than 20% on userbenchmark CPU scores. Just add an SSD and it's fast enough.

Realtalk, my main rig has an i5 :D. My in-home streaming and media server has an i7-4790k, but it also runs VMs, and games at the same time, its the only way I justify 4+4.

my i3-6100 performs better in gaymens than my i7-4790k :P

Sheep, the lot of them.

Any review detailing why ?

It really wasn't. Compared to the Bloomfield jump, Sandy was just a mediocre iteration. The reason it became a meme was because most people aren't first gen adopters and skipped from Core2 to Sandy.

>It really wasn't.
As I remember it, most benchmarks showed like 10-50% improvements just compared to the previous generation. That's pretty big.

That's nice. Retard.