Land of the brain free

land of the brain free

this got archived a couple of times in minutes - congrats on your censorship.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zmI-hGthrwA
hardenedlinux.github.io/firmware/2016/11/17/neutralize_ME_firmware_on_sandybridge_and_ivybridge.html
github.com/corna/me_cleaner/wiki/me_cleaner-status
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Legitimate question...
Some mobo's support flashing BIOS/UEFI straight from USB, no checks, no OS, no anything but hitting a button. Why isn't coreboot looking at these mobo's?

this board is a fucking pathetic joke

>Help! I'm being oppressed!

Because the motherboard and CPU have security features to prevent that, dingus. Being able to flash any old custom firmware you knocked up would be a massive security risk.

>Help! I'm being oppressed!

you are a fucking psycho

>Being able to flash any old custom firmware

Not being able to flash your own firmware is the only security risk here.

CIA nigger detected

At least you know that the keylogger in your current motherboard was developed by the NSA, rather than Chinese hackers.

ME Cleaner!
ME Cleaner!
ME Cleaner!

like your life CIA nigger

>oh no! this is a quality thread about technology that could draw people away from my shitty gpu gaymer consumer whore threads
>what shall I do?
>I know, I'll call him pathetic!
Get the fuck out of here, Sup Forums.

>ME Cleaner!

ime cleaner is useless

bottom line : you do not control the hardware nor the firmware it is running at all

>CIA nigger detected

dude, you and the other nigger who mentioned the chinese bogeyman are the US government agents

is there any difference?

One is more competent.

the difference is that the chinese government doesn't give a fuck about joe sixpack whereas the US government does

at any rate, that's obviously a false choice - there's no reasaon to have backdoored hardware to begin with

the hell is the yellow image supposed to mean

The CIA only want to steal your freedom. Chinese hackers want your credit card details. I know which I value more.

It's a tentacle with shoe tread prints on it. You're not supposed to step on the tentacle while it's fucking you.

ahh - thanks for the explanation ^-^

Why not just destroy all electronics and live in the woods you fucking paranoid schizophrenics.

its a take on pic related and this video
youtube.com/watch?v=zmI-hGthrwA

>Why not just destroy all electronics and live in the woods you fucking paranoid schizophrenics.

you are a sick piece of shit - not a human being.

anyway, very few people can be taken serious in this thread, and other are clearly sick scumbas from the government - like you

>ordered a new laptop from lenovo
>left Shanghai on the 25th
>no updates since, tracking is now unavailable

Did the CIA snag my shit guys?

your laptop being sabotaged by your nazi government? Obviously possible and rahter likely.

Yeah, some do. I was speaking of boards like the Asus Z87-pro. Back when i was attempting a hackintosh for shits and giggles, i learned you needed a patched UEFI. It loaded up just fine, no fuss even though it wasn't signed by Asus. You don't even need CPU or RAM to flash this board, you basically read instructions and hit a button and it flashes whatever you have on USB. Maybe theres something I am missing, but it seems that would be a very easy platform to work on with removing the botnet from your hardware

If you're up for the most convoluted method in the world, you can permanently remove IME up to Sky/Kaby Lake

hardenedlinux.github.io/firmware/2016/11/17/neutralize_ME_firmware_on_sandybridge_and_ivybridge.html
github.com/corna/me_cleaner/wiki/me_cleaner-status

I think I'll just take my chances with IME over risking fucking-up a $300 mobo

Sorry guys, the information about ime cleaner is very misleading at best.

1) part of the firmware is stored in ROM inside the IME and cannot be changed at all

2) you can remove some parts of the firmware stored in the extern flash chip, but that doesn't really solve much if anything at all because the ime still runs code that you cannot audit.

Even if you (think you) remove the network stack, there is still code inside the IME than can access the network anyway (as well as the rest of the hardware including all system ram via dma)

what the actual fuck is going on in that video?

guy sees a guy reach for a gun, tries to use the comm but doesnt know how to use it instead of pressing once he presses over and over so the conductor cant respond