Studying CS in 2017

>studying CS in 2017
>have to tolerate obnoxious kodergurls and their numale underlings 24/7
>everyone around you works exclusively with javascript making Web Apps™ and is someway involved with some annoying startup
>everyone has some gay blog where they boast about how they've been to Silicon Valley because of some startup conference shit
>you need to make daily contributions to github and stack overflow if you ever want to get anywhere in this industry
>DUDE CLOUD COMPUTING LMAO
>"Signup now for the E P I C Hack the System™ Hackathon™"
>(one of the most recent "hackathons" in my area was literally about helping refugees)
>DUDE MACHINE LEARNING LMAO
>your only hopes for employment are working for shitty buzzfeed open-office startups that target milennials and disguise their predatory business tactics with beanbags and free pizza or whatever

This ride has to end eventually... right? Right?

Does this shit even exist outside of silicon valley?

Unfortunately, yes. I don't even live in the US.

Dot com bubble 2.0 when?

>hackathon about helping refugees
Yeah you're probably from some cuck Euro country, don't be too surprised.

we can only dream

The bubble will simply bring upon communism in which bitcoin is the language everyone understands.

Enjoy!

Leave the city, move to smaller more rural locations, make real worthwhile friendships, find a genuine partner, raise a healthy family.

The only excuse to live close enough to spit on your neighbor's wall from your kitchen is because you're saving for a house. Anything else is cuckoldry

I was watching EmberConf today and I turned it off when a female speaker came on.

>studying CS in Nordic country
>95% of whole math&cs dept is male
>everyone is 50+ apart from the students
>most courses can be taken online, comfy af
>so much math

>no visible startups
>only think tanks and established hardware brands are directly involved

>all extracurricular activities involve getting wasted on alcohol&drugs
>political incorrectness is the norm
>another dept complained when we had a "ash&jewish affairs director" on some student board

feelsgud

>C"""""""""""""""""""""""""""S"""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Math is the OG normie filter.

All the math classes I've taken are chill as fuck. no ego, no social hierarchy, no women, no startup nonsense

yes yes yest to everything you said

No. But perhaps I went somewhere that wasn't retarded. I believe I'm one of the few who truly misses academia because it was so good.

It's hard to do all these things when IT jobs are almost always going to be in the city.

but I can dream.

This sounds like absolute aids. Does this shit exist in other tech related STEM? I'm thinking of doing applies sciences like EE but if this shit is even in the engineering departments maybe I will go against my families advice and just do physics. I already self-teach programming and engineering with MIT's opencourseware and "free" texts books. What do you think Sup Forums?

applied*

Engineering is still prone to these problems, though maybe not quite as bad.

But if you do EE or CompE you'll likely just end up working with CS people anyway.

Engineering is full of normies.

they're going to get good jobs and you're going to work for some piece of shit corporation that doesn't care about you and makes you work 80 hour weeks

if you get past 40 without killing yourself you'll probably realize how wrong you were by then

Is that what you say to yourself between your "consent" classes and "how to make STEM a safe place for women" course?

any upper-level class in a decent uni has absolutely none of those.

Welcome to the it meme lad. It's all par for the course

>working for shitty buzzfeed open-office startups that target milennials and disguise their predatory business tactics with beanbags and free pizza

that doesn't sound that bad tbqhphamalam

>DUDE MACHINE LEARNING LMAO
fuck off, im calling it right now that machine learning is the future.

i agree with everything else

Name on thing machine learning doe nother than youtube and facebook kiking you.
>dude relation videos based on my prrvious views
>machine learning is the future
Wow tag based "machine learning" is the future

Haha, you fell for the computer science meme. Enjoy your debt and 4 years with normies you faggot.

When you get out of college with your worthless degree, those normies will be your boss, so you better learn to like them you beta wage cuck.

Java cuck here. Sorry you failed :^( many i went to school with also did

You could always start your own business that's run more like how you'd want to see a business run. After all, you're full of good ideas that don't look anything like the ideas those startups have, right?

>You could always start your own business
PLEASE someone do this. I just want to work for a merit-based tech company that doesn't buckle under retarded SJW demands and constantly virtue signal and have the trigger finger on the FIRED button if you don't openly subscribe to far-left ideologies. .

>(one of the most recent "hackathons" in my area was literally about helping refugees)
kek what the fuck

Man that's harsh.

Can anyone here give examples for what it was like during the 80s or 90s, to compare?

In regards to OP?

Berlin is just as bad

Just work in C/C++ and you'll never see this shit.

>work
>C/C++
pick one.

These probably exist, you just don't hear about them because they don't advertise all over the lefty-liberal-SV-oriented-app-loving-cloud-loving-might-as-well-be-buzzfeed-tech-news sources that happen to also be the only tech news sources anybody knows about.

I thought he was talking about fucking Dev Mountain in Utah

I''m an EE but work with software developers and I've never seen anything like this.

However, I work for a big industrial engineering company, and I think the software engineers who create operating systems for train control computers generally aren't the blue-haired numales and independent womyn who infest web service startups.

>they're going to get good jobs and you're going to work for some piece of shit corporation that doesn't care about you and makes you work 80 hour weeks

>instead you should aim to work for a piece of shit startup that doesn't care about you and makes you work 80 hours weeks and pays you in pizza and worthless stock options instead of $

there is a reason all these fucks are in love with web technologies. they are incredibly easy to use, don't require a deeper understanding of anything and allow them to produce something that on the surface looks good.

Most web programmers I've worked with couldn't actually program beyond their little kingdom of frameworks and CRUD applications.

yea it's almost non existent in colorado colleges

I hate that. Web development is actually important, and I wish it didn't have such a stigma of normification.

I remember Uni being like this as well, 10 years was a long time ago though

What is wrong with machine learning?

Medical diagnostics, bioinformatics, pattern recognition in signal processing, computer vision, robotics, etc.

You fell for the meme thinking that machine learning can only be applied in webapps™:^)

>daily contributions to github
just use a script that pushes random code to projects that are setup to auto-merge any pull requests. after a month, people start getting job offers from tech companies that track github stats