What is the FUCKING POINT OF A MACBOOK?

What is the FUCKING POINT OF A MACBOOK?

Other urls found in this thread:

redmondpie.com/2016-macbook-pros-storage-isnt-just-fast-its-the-fastest/
computerworld.com/article/3136714/data-storage/apples-new-macbook-pro-may-be-the-worlds-fastest-stock-laptop.html
arstechnica.com/apple/2016/06/a-zfs-developers-analysis-of-the-good-and-bad-in-apples-new-apfs-file-system/
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fitting in

it's a portable computer user you use it to read email and you can take it to starbucks

I'm kinda glad Macs get tons of mainstream hate and are a minority product. I feel special using one

this desu

trackpad and unix

What is the point of living?

Do you honestly think that shitty Lenovo Yoga will still be in decent shape in 2025? Because there's a good chance the MacBook will. I see 8-9 year old MacBooks functioning -- and functioning well -- daily.

Hipster trash

Better screen
OSX
Better keyboard
Faster flash storage

> I see 8-9 year old MacBooks functioning -- and functioning well -- daily.

Yeah today's consumerist whores are going to stick by a laptop for 9-10 years give me a break.

I see them every single day. I work in a place that services Macs, so, by definition, I tend to see the ones that aren't functioning quite right, but nonetheless, more often than not, the service is due to accidental damage, or a fucked hard drive, or a dead battery. Repair that, and the customer walks out the door with their 8-year-old MacBook Pro and doesn't come back for a couple more years.

>overpriced hardware with predictable quality that runs unix
>cheap hardware that runs spyware10 with russian roulette linux drivers

I have a job, so I'd rather get something that works.

Making a massive profit off gullible technology illiterate retards.

Lenovo uses DDR4 which uses more power and is objectively shittier than the LPDDR3e RAM that Apple uses in the new MacBooks.

Apple has released what's literally the fastest and best SSD ever in their new MacBook pros. It's the fastest consumer PCIe SSD ever released. Ever. let that sink in.

redmondpie.com/2016-macbook-pros-storage-isnt-just-fast-its-the-fastest/

computerworld.com/article/3136714/data-storage/apples-new-macbook-pro-may-be-the-worlds-fastest-stock-laptop.html

The screens are gorgeous.

Butterfly 2 keys are fantastic.

My 2016 13" regularly gets 10-12 hours of battery life with "standard usage."

APFS is the fucking business.

It's not a POS lenovo.

It runs a fully-POSIX compliant UNIX core.

It's not spying on me.

>macshit
>functioning beyond a year

> i7 in a shitty plastic case
> i5 in a durable aluminum enclosure

What is the point of a fancy laptop if it will break in your backpack? Macs are durable.

You're talking about putting a Ferrari engine in a go cart frame.

2 rupees have been deposited in your designated shitting street Pajeet.

>macshit
>durable

Cheers.

Please note my battery that I've been using since unplugged this morning and is sitting at 61% with 6 hours left. Down from 12 hours this morning at 8am when I unplugged it.

>the fastest and best SSD
Also the worst and slowest file system.

APFS is top notch, mate. HSF+ is officially done & gone.

Your "facts" are old. Time to upgrade your talking points, faggot.

An additional 2 rupees have been deposited in your designated shitting street Pajeet.

That's comical that you think some magic-ass plastic polymer will be better protection for a screen than metal.

As it says in your image, the plastic deforms then returns to shape. How do you think the screen or PCBs inside like that?

You'd be better off conceding the point of durability and sticking to spec comparisons.

>fastest ssd ever
Yeah and how does that affect the end user? Won't save more than 1s opening 10 programs on the machine.

>i 100% trust in a filesystem made by the same clueless fucks that designed HFS

Are mactoddlers the most gullible morons on the planet?

I have professional experience. You have memes. Who do you suppose is more credible?

Taking black cock up your ass is not a real profession.

yeah you can't repair the battery.

Let me second this. Did 5 years in IT, and the last 5 in programming. Macs are absolutely great computers.

You now have a straw man argument. Point being: Apple has the best battery technology, the best battery scientists, the best resources and access to create their new A_ series chips rival desktop class chips at this point.

Cant call Macs overpriced and whatever the fuck when they're literally running circles around the competition that's all selling you the same old tired shit. Apple has the best and fastest SSDs and RAM in the industry. Apple only buys top-shelf parts from suppliers and has their pick of inventory, leaving the scraps for the rest. That's fact. You may research it if you don't believe me.

I mention APFS in my comment, this retard posts an article several years old covering HFS+ and doesn't bother discussing APFS, the actual topic. 10/10 diversion attempt.

arstechnica.com/apple/2016/06/a-zfs-developers-analysis-of-the-good-and-bad-in-apples-new-apfs-file-system/

An additional 2 rupees have been deposited in your designated shitting street Pajeet.

Memes of course

It's now been 10 minutes and my battery life has literally gone up. The optimization here is unreal.

Great response. I hope you're not looking for a real job with that attitude.

Trackpad Thats is all. No laptop i have ever seen can compete with the usability of Apples Trackpad.

>t. mactoddler

Great response. I hope you're not trying to pass as a professional with that fruity toddler toy.

You can replace the battery. Generally, it's ill-advised if you're not a properly trained and equipped technician, but it's doable.

> this faggot _actually_ physically clicks his trackpad instead of using tap-to-click and touch gestures.

> 10/10 kek; fucking retard.

>owns macshit
>calls someone else retard

My A$200 piece of shit netbook performed almost identically to my friends mbp2015 13 inch for college. Only advantage the macbook had was a slightly sharper screen and better touchpad.

Other than that there was no benefit to him owning such an expensive computer. Just telling me that it has the best isn't good enough, tell me how that's better than a cheaper competitive product to the end user in any way.

numbers aren't everything

Reddit > Sup Forums

Fuck off with your fake meme graph.

The shiny portion is way too small.

Macbook on the left?

Clearly.

Easy. Your $200 netbook will last you a year or two before the shit-tier, pleb batteries are consumed. It likely barely has the necessary specs to run Windows 7 and if it does, it runs it poorly at best.

It's made of inferior hardware and will be susceptible to hardware failures by way of hardware faults; e.g. memory failures, catastrophic HDD/SSD failures, etc.

The Mac, with the fastest PCIe SSD ever and top-tier LPDDR3e RAM will easily last 5-10+ years.

I have a fully operational 2010 iMac on my desk right now, my brother uses my old 2012 13" MacBook Pro, and my mom uses my old 2014 13" MacBook Pro.

I just sold my 2015 12" MacBook for $900 and I used the money to pay for the majority of my new 2016 13" MacBook Pro.

Your $200 netbook offers no longevity, is worth nothing, and you'll be replacing it every few years.

My battery lasts 10-12 hours per charge; meanwhile, you're bringing your charger everywhere.

Don't forget to bring a magnifying glass for your pleb-tier screen; the pixels are fuzzy, the brightness is off, and the uniformity is lacking. but i guess you SUUUUUUURE showed your friend how dumb he was for buying that MacBook when your POS offers "extreme value," right?

Conspicuous consumption.

5 trillionth year at Mensa doing their IT and I say Macs are bad

Fuck you

It's for poor people to pretend they aren't by saving their mcdonalds wage a whole year

I've had my netbook since 2014 and I'm still getting just under 10 hours battery life on it.

It also charges with micro USB, extremely convenient since I can just plug it into my power back if I forgot to charge it and I only need one charger for my laptop+phone.

It's running 8.1 by the way which is really comfy on a touch screen.

It's got a really bright IPS screen that looks great, it's only 1366x768 I'll grant you that, but other than the resolution it's just as good as the macbooks in almost every other way.

If all you care about is screen then the macbook is fine for you, but if you care about usability in any other way then look elsewhere.

>inb4 muh trackpad
Shitty trackpad+good touchscreen is a better interface.

macbooks are like a big middle finger..

to the pc mustard rice.

what? you need all this?

...you dont need all this!!

damn its like watching you guys talk about graphics cards or something.

we all need the 1080ti!

>Better screen
than what?
>OSX
what about it
>Better keyboard
than what?
>Faster flash storage
than what?

No. I care about the fastest possible SSD, LPDDR3e RAM, comfy unix core with extra comfy posix compliance, butterfly 2 keys with individual backlighting, the brightest screen @ 495 NITs with the best color accuracy, and everything else that makes my computer mop the floor with yours.

I highly doubt your netbook with an Intel Atom processor puts out anywhere near the ability of mine. I'd like to see you run multiple VMs and simultaneously perform other tasks without your computer killing itself via ritual Sudoku.

See:

I've had my Air for years now, and there is still a decent amount of resistance on the trackpad. Do they hammer their finger down on the mouse or something?

I am having one genuine problem however, the thunderbolt port isn't outputting video properly so i can't use an external monitor. Though i am planning on getting a new notebook this year anyway.

Tech jewelry

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2017 and moving files around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

Does finder still have trouble with hidden files?

Look mom! I posted this debunked meme again!!! I'm a leet Sup Forums troll!!

>accidental damage, or a fucked hard drive, or a dead battery

those are the things that kill most laptops regardless of make/os etc

>Not an argument

>JEWelery

its for literal retards
you wont believe it, but it's a huge market

you got the joke! congradulations!

>replacing battery
>trained and equipped technician
fucking cucks

Apple defines the term workhorse. The stuff performs beautifully. one could say it just works...

status signalling for poorfags

>not using trackpoint and GNU/Linux

lmao

mainstream hate?
special for using it?
walk in a lecture class

>2017
>1300 hollah dollah for a laptop

ARE YOU FUCKING REAL!?

I see 13 year old thinkpads still functioning too just think about how much better the 8-9 year olds are. its not just thinkpadmeme, even my latitude works fine and is robust.
whats your point? heck they still use thinkpads in space
most high end laptops from today are likely to last a while
I feel like im being baited like hell but whatever take it

but gnu isnt unix

Better build quality
Better SSD
Better screen
Better support
Better OS
Better trackpad
More girls

shoot yourself in the fucking face

apple lost their battle with computers and is currently being decimated by more agile competition

>I work in a place that services Macs
Explains how you have a job then. I assume they get a tax break for hiring the mentally challenged.

>It's not spying on me.
LOL

It used to be battery life and a lack of Windows, but now the battery is shit and OS X spies on you. There is no point.

>I plugged my shitty fagbook in for a bit then took another screenshot and posted it claiming literal magic happened
Just fucking kill yourself already Pajeet.

>t-thanks for the macbook m-mommy

Not even a macfag, but buying a freaking netbook in 2014 really??

And trying to compare that to a macbook, are you fucking braindead?

Aluminum is the worse metal you can you to make a case. Aluminum maybe structurally strong, but it need to be thick for it, plus it's still very soft.
Had a vostro, and the aluminum was thick but none the less the thing still bent. Can't see how a fragile laptop like apple aluminum wouldn't bent and chip very easily with those thin aluminum foils

>I need the fastest memory and SSD
All to shitpost and use Facebook on starcucks

Yes when the work you do is to show all your hippie friends how to use kikebook

>with that attitude
lmao fuck off HR corporate monkey I'll bash ye fookin ead in I swear on me mum

HFS was designed in the 80s, by an entirely different group of people. To assume that a file system written/released 40 years later would feature the same design problems/mistakes is a little far fetched.

Oldfag detected

Lots of things better and different in it but I'm using the 910 with 1 TB drive here.

> not seeing the total battery life percentage going down.

> being _this_ much of a retard.

get off my Sup Forums

>It's not spying on me
You are aware that the CIA has been targetting Macs just as much as they have Windows, right?