Really eager to start building my first multiplatform app. Basically a real time message board with location element

Really eager to start building my first multiplatform app. Basically a real time message board with location element.

Thing is - have 0 experience in mobile programming.

Where do i start?
Is Xamarin good tool to achieve this with?

Other urls found in this thread:

visualstudio.com/dev-essentials/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bamp

I fucks with Xamarin a lot now a days, I like it a lot. You have to keep in mind that sometimes you will still need to make platform specific calls dependent on wha you are doing.

kinda interested, bump

do you use it from visual studio?

What is the best course/book on C# to learn in few days/week to get started with Xamarin? I see that watching all these Xamarin tutorials without C# skills is pointless

do you know any other prog language?

A bit python. But not much. Basically a newbie.

Try Ionic 2, its built on top of Angular 2. Its not that bad.

>real time message board with location element
like YikYak?

Xamarin is obsolete. Use React Native, it's really easy to make stuff..... unless you need to work with native features that someone hasn't made a package for. Then you need to be comfortable diving into the native source.

If you have 0 experience anything you do will be hard.

jordyn jones

Like HeyGreenGo but for my country

How do you expect to learn c# in few days and then move on to xamarin? that's impossible

>javascript

FUCK OFF

This is one of the reasons you're broke and useless.

Go back to Sup Forums you fucking pedo.

i have unlimited time, ill just learn stuff depending on what i need. I have some experience in C#, have built some apps but it was long time ago and i need to refresh my memory.

>pedo
she doesn't look pre-pubescent to me

bamp

Really quick tip for someone trying to learn any programming/tech skill - visit visualstudio.com/dev-essentials/ register and claim 3month free PluralSight access.

Tons of awesome very detailed and comprehensive tutorials for free. Right now i am learning C# fundamentals and loving it. Sounds like an ad but its really that good with no catch

or you could just torrent that shit

Nut pluralsight does have some good c# courses, although it's usually just intro stuff