GDP Pocket

I would love to buy this but 600$ for a such spec sound like way too much.

youtube.com/watch?v=-rJHJKjcPDs

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikichip.org/wiki/intel/atom_x7/z8750
kickstarter.com/projects/smachteam/smach-z-the-handheld-gaming-pc
ebay.com/itm/7-inch-LCD-Panel-Digital-Screen-and-Drive-Board-HDMI-VGA-2AV-for-Raspberry-Pi-/172023074802?hash=item280d5fcff2:g:IXAAAOSwrklVScuP
ebay.com/itm/7inch-IPS-lcd-touch-screen-HSD070PWW1-C00-1280x800-HDMI-board-for-Raspberry-Pi-/361430518502?hash=item5426f00ae6:g:nhgAAOSwEgVWSi1x
indiegogo.com/projects/gemini-pda-android-linux-keyboard-mobile-device-phone#/
ebay.com/itm/7inch-N070ICG-LD1-1280x800-IPS-LCD-display-screen-support-rotate-image-/360935606368?hash=item5409704860:g:XFwAAOSwo6lWKbjK
ebay.com/itm/3-7V-5000-mAh-Polymer-Li-ion-battery-Lipo-For-GPS-PDA-DVD-iPod-Tablet-PC-105575-/121752459469?hash=item1c590318cd:g:EE4AAOSwnNBXUP3z
ebay.com/itm/3-7V-8000-mAh-Polymer-Li-ion-battery-For-GPS-PDA-DVD-PSP-iPod-Tablet-PC-7565121-/252402877205?hash=item3ac4624315:g:82cAAOSwAuZX13rb
amazon.com/Acer-Cloudbook-14-inch-Personal-1-AO1-431-C3TM/dp/B01C7UGP04/ref=sr_1_24?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1490793942&sr=1-24&keywords=laptop&refinements=p_n_shipping_option-bin:3242350011
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That is more than the backing price, yes. I bought in but I'm still wary that I'll get what they've promised. Also their fake renders were complete shit, I'm somewhat comforted by their prototype demos.

You should be more worried about build quality and nonexistent support.

botnet

kawaii desu

These aren't the same Intel chips that are dying en masse are they?

It's too expensive. Buy Acer swift 7 instead.

No those are server chips, these are
> en.wikichip.org/wiki/intel/atom_x7/z8750

>13+" laptop

You can create similar shit as *OP with raspberry/bananaPi/Odroid/nonnowboard
and 7-100" display, li-ion battery, old notebook case. And it will cost about 300$ at most.

That screen alone is >$300, getting an atom SoC is what, another 200-300?

fuck off shill

Here we go with the endless chinkshill shitposting

Yes ! I f*k need one !

OMG LIKE $600 IS TOTALLY CHEAP I KNOW RIGHT???

I don't want it to be from chinkland but I want an x86 UMPC with a high res screen. This is the only thing around and it happens to run a linux too? Perfect. Will I probly get chinked? Yeah probly.

It's not so expensive I can't eat that loss to help swing hardware development back in this direction.

It's not an arm board, atoms are overpriced to shit either way.

>screen
>$300
no.
$300 it's cost of cheap LG IPS 1080p monitor.

Looks like something I might wipe my ass with.
I don't give a fuck if it's in my pocket. I carry a fucking laptop bag or a regular bag around anyway why not just carry a regular sized laptop.

Demonstration doesn't tell me anything anyway other than how shit the bitches English is.

gitgud you fucking faggots.

Right, so a 7" 1200p screen isn't far off.

wtf is this supposed to mean? a high res scren is unusable unless you got superhuman vision.

Well if it's too small you can always scale it up, you can't scale low res down.

Also yall shoulda backed it if you're gonna bitch about $600 price tag.

>no LTE
dropped

looks like it's been shopped in.
even on a matte screen there would be a small amount of glare. Also look how the corners of the screen are uneven.

Shitpost/10

I hope you gooks get paid for shilling this

>f*k
huh?

It was definitely a shoop, up til like... feb? They didn't even have a prototype. Look at OP's link instead.

I'm just a backer, not entirely optimistic about it myself but I did back it cause it's a product I want to exist. Shenzhen chinks can shit these out in like a year of work too. It's pretty nuts.

>I'm just a backer

yea no shit, your posts don't look like buyer's remorse fueled forced rationalizations at all.

>if I spent money on this, then so should you, it's the best thing ever I swear come on guys pls

Why did you back chinese people? The design work should be reserved for westerners

>Shitpost/10
you dumb fuck that's from an "official" article about it.

kill yourself.

Not saying it's worth $600 either, $400 is what I paid. If it snaps in half or something year 1... that's a shitty product I will regret. No remorse yet cause it doesn't exist.

They did release a few other products though that weren't entirely shit. Maybe it won't suck. That being said...
>7" active cooled UMPC
>hurts to live

would you like to drink my urine.

It's literally an "official" shoop though.

kendyzhu pls

>No remorse yet cause it doesn't exist.
then why are you shilling it so hard and try to make people like it?

I'm not, people generally don't HATE their other products. I want an x86 linux UMPC and this might be that. Also I get to be smug about poorfags on Sup Forums crying about the price tag.

The Smach Z is a fuckton better. It uses a powerful AMD SoC with a 512 Core GPU and it's fanless unlike this heap of shit while providing 6 hours battery life, 1 more than the GPD Pocket.

kickstarter.com/projects/smachteam/smach-z-the-handheld-gaming-pc

>iGPU: Radeon R7 at 800 MHz
>Screen: 6” FULL HD (1920x1080)
>Keyboard: No

It's also giant and ugly and has retarded steam controller game controls on it.

but lg monitor 21" it's whole monitor, not just screen.
7" screen cost about 20$
ebay.com/itm/7-inch-LCD-Panel-Digital-Screen-and-Drive-Board-HDMI-VGA-2AV-for-Raspberry-Pi-/172023074802?hash=item280d5fcff2:g:IXAAAOSwrklVScuP
it's better do it youself for your specific needs.

Fuck off GPD shills.

>Resolution: 1024 x 600
That is not the same thing.

ebay.com/itm/7inch-IPS-lcd-touch-screen-HSD070PWW1-C00-1280x800-HDMI-board-for-Raspberry-Pi-/361430518502?hash=item5426f00ae6:g:nhgAAOSwEgVWSi1x
IPS panel, 1280x800
OP-shit uses cheap TN panel instead.

I never tried the GPD Win, I imagine the smach will blow it the fuck out. Maybe switch too. It's not a UMPC and it's less good.

>1280x800
>no pixel density listed
Keep going.

what about indiegogo.com/projects/gemini-pda-android-linux-keyboard-mobile-device-phone#/
?
i wish it had a trackpoint like the one in op tho

ebay.com/itm/7inch-N070ICG-LD1-1280x800-IPS-LCD-display-screen-support-rotate-image-/360935606368?hash=item5409704860:g:XFwAAOSwo6lWKbjK

>Android
Completely useless.

Is it touchscreen-shit?

>ARM
>Android

Get out

Install Gentoo

Yeah I was looking at that one too, not sure if I trust
>arm
>dual boot linux option

But as an android phone with a keyboard it might be great. It's pretty sexy. Also dunno if the company would even deliver, GPD has a (mediocre) record at least.

its suposed to be able to run GNU/Linux from what i saw
im not backing it untill its 100% confirmed, thats for sure

>no gpu drivers powering a 2880x1440 display
Might as well bath your eyes in lemon and salt, that would be less painful.

see Mediatek doesn't make drivers for regular old Linux X11 or Wayland. And this Indiegogo group sure as shit wouldn't be developing one for a closed piece of shit SoC with only $400k backing.

Battery cheap as fuck.
ebay.com/itm/3-7V-5000-mAh-Polymer-Li-ion-battery-Lipo-For-GPS-PDA-DVD-iPod-Tablet-PC-105575-/121752459469?hash=item1c590318cd:g:EE4AAOSwnNBXUP3z

well, thanks for crushing my hope
i wish we could have nice things

So yes, as shitty as the GPD Pocket may be it's still really the only contender in that market unless you want a pure gaming rig with no keyboard.

ebay.com/itm/3-7V-8000-mAh-Polymer-Li-ion-battery-For-GPS-PDA-DVD-PSP-iPod-Tablet-PC-7565121-/252402877205?hash=item3ac4624315:g:82cAAOSwAuZX13rb
This battery + ODROID C2 + Cheap screen + small keyboard =
200$ at most.

Yeah, there is no Linux support for Atom-T SoCs as well, so I'm wondering what state are they going to release Ubuntu in on the finished product.
Windows 10 of course would run fine, but it's way too big to even bear the name Pocket, the GPD Win is already pushing it.

Okay, so add another $200 for an atom and another $100-200 for a decent screen (which you haven't found) and we'll talk.

Cherry Trail is supported under linux now.

Sorry m8, but there is still the Pyra option. It's just pretty expensive in comparison because a large portion of it is made in Germany.

>Cherry Trail is supported under linux now.
I guess I'll have to try it on my Surface 3, I highly doubt they got the graphics drivers and power management sorted out since Intel never released any Linux driver for BayTrail-T or CherryTrail-T.

$600 is way too much. How much typing do you expect to do on so tiny a keyboard. May as well get a 2in1. On the other hand I have a gpd win and no regrets so to each his own

I didn't have the funds when the backing was happening. Pissed at myself now.

$600 does seem a bit much. Most especially for something that isn't even released yet. How much typing can you ever get done on a phone sized device though?

Well you know how the hype goes, they'll probly show up on ebay after buyers realize they don't give fucks.

$600 for something with a screen so small it is only really good for a portable ssh box.

no thanks

OP have cheap 40$ screen.
amazon.com/Acer-Cloudbook-14-inch-Personal-1-AO1-431-C3TM/dp/B01C7UGP04/ref=sr_1_24?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1490793942&sr=1-24&keywords=laptop&refinements=p_n_shipping_option-bin:3242350011
Better buy this laptop for 142$

>14" screen
>1366 x 768
When will these shit screens die?

meant for

I want one but not for 600

This could replace my inspiron mini if it wasn't 600 dollars

It's better of course buy 1080p or 4k, but it's not cheap.

Or just a 1200p GPD Pocket

>teeny weeny eye-strain-O-vision

buy it now then and pay $400 you stupid cuntnugget

>just draw it bigger

Not everyone's interested in niggerrigging an SBC with a shitty screen and keyboard, some people just want an actual decent final product.

ebin

They're not even comparable. That's one of the shittiest gaymur handhelds I've ever seen and the Win's just a pocketable PC.

*Pocket's

ls
cd ..
ls
cd
ls

It's one of like five anti-women programmer images that gets posted here non-stop.

The GPD WIN is still better than the pocket. Plus it doesn't look like an Applel Chink Clone

But it's Win

Shit display

try harder dipshit

back to tumblr faggot

>You bought something and aren't upset about it? BUYERS REMORSE DENIAL!

Is this an argument used against absolutely fucking everything on this board?