/DST/ - Daily Solus Threads

/DST/ - Daily Solus Threads
Previous Thread: IRC: #solus on chat.freenode.com

Official Discord: discord.gg/D33aZCB

The official thread about Solus! Come here to discuss it and ask questions!

More Solus links:

Official Solus website:
solus-project.com

Official subreddit for Solus:
reddit.com/r/SolusProject/

The Solus blog:
solus-project.com/blog/

Ask Solus website:
asksolus.com/

Budgie website:
budgie-desktop.org/home/

Solus Twitter:
twitter.com/SolusProject

Reminders:

Budgie in its current form is based on GTK, but Budgie 11 is being completely rewritten in Qt and is also being released in Q2 2017.

Sol will be replacing eopkg soon as the package manager.

Solus is a stable, up to date, rolling release distro.

Solus is the most optimized and fastest Linux distro.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12631566
jupiterbroadcasting.com/105836/winter-solus-review-las-450
jupiterbroadcasting.com/104861/its-not-x-its-wayland-lup-172
plus.google.com/ Solus-Project
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/kernel_modules#Blacklisting
Sup
budgie-remix.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Remember to vote!
strawpoll.me/12631566
strawpoll.me/12631566
strawpoll.me/12631566

keep it /std/, it better represents the distro as a whole

Shitty meme distro doesn't detect ssd.

>Kevin
have you killed your parents yet?

kek

inb4 official reply from the mentally ill mascot

>idk, ask the devs

No it doesn't.

Did nothing pop up when you clicked where to install? How did you put it on the Universal Serial Bus device? That's pretty weird since install Solus has been a breeze on every machine I've installed it on. All the machines I've installed it on used SSD's.

No, and I don't have a dad.

Failing distro tries to meme itself into popularity. Sad!

It's NOT failing and it's NOT a meme! Also thanks for the image, saved.

this thread belongs to friendly linux autism thread. why do you think your distro needs its own thread? there are 500 distros and we all can't have individual thread for all of them.

reported :^)

drive is probably in intel rapid storage mode
linux and RST dont get along

hi kevin, here are some lup episodes about solus

review :
jupiterbroadcasting.com/105836/winter-solus-review-las-450

interview with solus founder
jupiterbroadcasting.com/104861/its-not-x-its-wayland-lup-172

does solus use wayland yet

>drive is probably in intel rapid storage mode
what the fuck does that even mean? it doesnt make any sense you fucking retard, go read the rapid storage/ssd/sata intel whitepapers and kys.

I see things on Ubuntu and Arch and Gentoo all the time, so there should also be things on Solus.

Maybe it's from Windows 10 and the drive is in that hibernation mode or something.

Thanks, I'll watch them after my Database Management class.

Yes. Also Budgie 11 will be using it's own WM using QtComposite and QtWayland, and will have its own blur effects.

Forgot the webm

how desperate are you on the scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest that you have to shill your shitty distro on an autism forum. When you were famous you didn't even care to answer people on your google+ page.

You are pathetic Kevin. kys

I don't go on Google+, and I'm not desperate and I am NOT a shill.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>using gnu slash linox

>not using gnu slash linox

>I'm not desperate and I am NOT a shill

>says a shill who shills his distro which nobody use on a shill thread

also whoever is managing this page plus.google.com/ Solus-Project

Shill your distro on /fglt/. Stop making entire threads about it. You're likely the only person in Sup Forums that uses it.

I do not shill anything.

Also, that Google+ page is managed by the Solus team.

I know I'm not the only person on Sup Forums who uses it. I've seen other Sup Forums users with it.

I probably didnt use the right name for it, but most new drives in laptops come in a specific raid mode for RST.

dont be so edgy kid, its just a post on an internet website.

Wait is that real? kek.

They do? I didn't know.

Legitimate question.

How do I disable my touch screen in Solus? Issue is I got this laptop for free because some dicknugger spilled wine in it, everything works except the touch screen gets phantom touches.

How to disable?

Stop shilling your awful OS, kevin.
Also, your homepage looks awful and doesn't even fit with your theme.

Can you just do it via bios?
If not look up blacklisting a device - wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/kernel_modules#Blacklisting

You are a fucking shill. You make the same thread every day with the same fucking image plus there was no "Daily Solus thread" before you came along.

I could understand an Arch or Gentoo thread but, not this shit.

>Did nothing pop up when you clicked where to install?
That's obviously a god damn option menu, you moron. The picture includes it open. Did mommy install your OS for you?

Daily threads didn't ever exist until they were made, how is something supposed to exist until it's created?

Don't forget to vote. This thread will be sent to Sup Forums.org/feedback With the poll.
Yes, it works like that.
If I'm not around by the end of the thread feel free to submit it. With a brief explanation of what it's about.

Why the fuck did you change the name?
/STD/ was the best part.

>ITT: daily autism

>the Solus team
pffft hahahahaha
*laughing_whores.tiff*

I'm NOT shilling, and Solus is NOT awful!!
And you're just jealous of my homepage.

It is not the same image. I take a new one before I post.
>I could understand an Arch or Gentoo thread, but not this shit.
Delusional. If there's threads for those there can be threads for Solus. It's not breaking rules because it's technology.

Exactly.

So it can be taken more seriously.

t. someone with autism.

tried it, it's shit.

Can't do it via bios.

Thanks.

I don't think you understand what daily means.

Kevin, I fucking love you.

>t. someone with autism.
t. someone with autism.

I wish my Mum would pack my lunch, and support my threads.
Lucky boy.

?

Solus is actually not that bad.

It should replace poobuntu as babbies first distro

It has too few software. It would eventually force people to switch to an Ubuntu based distro.

Every review I see about Solus is only talking about "user friendliness" and how different it is, and then it basically shows off the default desktop which is completely interchangeable with others and nothing special. What's so great about Solus, what's so different?

No one mentions its package manager or in which way it is better than apt or pacman etc. All I see is Windows normies talking about it because it doesn't look like horseshit -- people more experienced with Linux don't really care about that though, because most know it's a simple configuration file or package installation away from looking exactly like you want to.

So why should I use Solus? What does it do better on a technical level? If the only reason to use Solus is the somewhat bare desktop shell it's not really convincing at all.

it's an obscure meme which kevin is trying to push

thats why you should use it

I installed solus

Upvote to ban kevin from Sup Forums forever.

Your distribution is shit.

Solus is Ubuntu with a different desktop. It's probably better to use Ubuntu Budgie budgie-remix.org/ since the Solus team is too small to maintain a secure distro.

Get out, no it's not.

Then answer this adequately:

OI OI OI WHATS GOOD MY SOLUS CREW

Kevin, mind if you tell me how to >'ing without greentexting?

Are you sure you want to learn how to do advanced shitposting?

Yeah, Kevin.

Okay.
>no spaces
>one space
>two spaces
>three spaces
>four spaces
>etc.

>test
Is that correct, Kevin?

Yes.

How come Solus with budgie is only 350MB RAM usage on boot but Solus MATE is 600MB?

Because Budgie is better than MATE.

Thanks, Kevin. You are less dumber than people says.

I just wish budgie would let me create application shortcuts with a right click, but I guess I can like this since it keeps my desktop cleaner too.

My desktop was such a mess on windows 7.

im installing solus right now on my desktop

better be good

last time i checked budgie was heavy and laggy, maybe qt version will fix it
using plasma right now so im glad for another qt based environment

Kevin you fucking idiot you stole my phrase and you gave away the secret.
You also fucked up the title I came up. What are you even doing?

Feels pretty light to me, but I'm not running Solus itself.
Plasma was a bit heavier in many ways. The only major difference is the reliance on Gnome means doing esoteric config stuff for basic changes.
Raven could be more relevant, but it doesn't take up anything if you just keep it stashed, and I haven't had a reason to poke it hard enough yet.

kill yourself

fuck off shill

>kevin btfo

lol