ITT: The ones we miss

ITT: The ones we miss

my mom

I miss mine so bad. The archos 5 was so next lvl back in 2009 with a 5" touchscreen. It was just purely comfy.

the cons were that its was getting hot easily and that it was heavy but I never regreted buying it.

touche

I actually went trough 2 of these.
Never going to buy anything Microsoft ever again.

what a great phone this was

Really? Mine was easily the most durable mouse I've ever had

I didn't want to feel

What was the benefit of that?

That mouse was a mess, I remember having to reconnect it on boot because it wouldn't get recognized otherwise. Might have been the cheap 775 asus motherboard I had at the time, though.

Was comfy anyway, so was the keyboard released at the same time, but I don't remember the name.

is that a cock ring?

>tfw your parents threw out the old pc you'd always play games on as a kid

Still using mine 10 years later.
But I had to:
>scratch off all rubber coating
>rip out all LED shit because it wouldn't stay off after reboot
>replace the cable once
>replace the silicone feet numerous times
>switch right and left actuator to get the clicky feeling back
>hotglue the side panel contact unit

but now single clicks are starting to sometimes register as double clicks which is annoying and i don't really know how to fix that

>tfw spilled beer on it

If you know where I can buy one in Europe

Swapping a microswitch is easy, you probably have some old mouse to donate one. It's a through hole component, cheap soldering iron and a solder sucker is all that's needed.

The GOAT

Aren't the Zowie ones really similar in shape?

loved this keyboard. as far as rubber dome keyboards go, it was GOAT. So many short cut keys, and physical wheels and switches...

Mine stopped recognizing the shift key being held down, so i trashed it. I miss it...

2nd place would be the Cowon iAudio X5, which is like the PCMR version of . Amazing audio quality. Battery stopped holding a decent charge tho.

Today got my Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 wired USB from Aliexpress for 18 euros. Always wondered why are they so worshipped, so gave it a chance and bought one. Its huge. Im a tall guy 190cm and it really feels very bricky. Suits only for fingertip or claw grip. Tried palm grip but very uncomfortable. Also fingertip grip is kind of shitty as well, cause the buttons are too short and im basically touching very close to their edge. The side buttons are a mess, the closer one to my thumb is very sensitive and light, also it takes quite amount of space thus moving it around while holding with thumb triggers unwanted button clicking, thats especially annoying when browsing since it is binded to going back. The farther side button is actually for some reason less sensitive than the previous one, even tho its not logical. The mouse is curved for maximum comfyness, but i dont find it THAT great, maybe because im used to using palm grip. Now the good. Mouse feet feel great on SS Qck. Buttons are amazing. Very responsive, clicky, do not need excessive force to trigger. Im not an expert on mouse sensors, but its definitely does its job very well. Tested on old school Counter Strike 1.6. Verdict. Is it god tier? Probably not, nah. Atleast for me its higher than average, but nowhere near to be flawless. Is it great for its price? Absolutely. I doubt i can find anything as good for only 18eu.

The worst thing is that I got them free. You used to be able to call customer service and order replacement hardware by just providing serial number (you could use the demo ones from the store and then guess others). Good times...

>When you have several of these and are using one right now
hahahahahaha
I'd be bummed though if I spilled beer on pic related (but the usb version, which has weird logos instead of the windows ones but there are no pics of it for some reason)
>and it actually broke it, unlike last time
Although I miss my IBM 5150 that my dad threw out a long time ago ;_;

Pic related

this thread is for peripherals you fucking asshole

Wow that's a huge pencil

I personally didn't like those MS mice

I have particularly low sens in CS and the shape is horrible if you have to pick up the mouse

The white ones were better than the dark metal ones in regards to this, but I'll never be a fan

The microsoft mouses from chick sellers are fakes.

This one's not. It just came without packaging (bulk). The brand name is present and also a glowing sticker is there. Works just fine as well.

>starcraft playing intensifies

New ones are not as good

My old games look like shit on modern monitors.

In that case
Pic related

COMFY

I have one of those in my workroom. I recall years ago and I worked at an office store, we got a carton of them for $5 each. I bought five, no idea where the other four have ended up. Great fucking keyboard.

Miss my 24" giant fucking trinitron. So nice and heavy that it bent my desktop and broke my arm when I dropped it down some stairs. Super fucking nice screen though, it was a shame to retire and LCDs still can't touch the black levels.

i still have mine

>It came in a generic cardboard box and it has a holographic sticker, it must be authentic.
I have some speakers you might be interested in.

;_;

Yeah, I miss your mom too.

Fuck, I loved this mouse. Drivers were shit though, and Microsoft and Razer kept trying to claim the other was responsible for supporting it. I'm just glad I learned early on not to trust Razer.

Fuck right in the feels

Shit, I want one so fucking much.
And the only way is to buy used one, with yellowed plastic with over 30 usd price tag because "CS legend, no low ballers, I know what I got"

I miss you ;_;

rip

my motherboard was a beast too.
replacement is a cheapy piece of junk.

I bought a piece of shit zowie that has a piece of shit sensor that doesn't register anything once or twice every 10-20 minutes and you have to slam it on the desk to fix. Also it makes a soft creaking sound like a hard drive when I move it around. Also I didn't think it was a big deal until it was off warranty.

Fuck that thing. All my g400s have been running solid for 5 years of heavy use and I'm switching back to them.

Sorry to break it to you but they are actually fake. I Bought one from alie too, dont get me wrong they are actually pretty nice to use because of the ergonomic design but the sensor isn't the original one.
You can test this by doing into a game and trying to do a very fast 360 or more, just flick your mouse sideways and the cursor will go sideways and up.

Still though if you're not playing games they are really nice fakes. I used mine for about 6 months before I had to replace it with a logitech because it couldnt keep up in overwatch.

>slam it on the desk to fix
>didn't think it was a big deal until it was off warranty.
the fuck is wrong with you

I do play games, but not that """hardcore""" and for long period of times. I had a Logitech old-ass laser mouse and it was crap. Though, I have to admit, it holds pretty well, havent stopped working and zero issues, but the sensor itself is shit and the shape of mouse is shit that makes it very high and narrow. MS IE 3.0 from AliE does it job very good. Even if the sensor is fake, who the hell cares, its still better than anything I can get for 18 euros. I was considering buing SS Rival 100, but that one (in good color black or purple) costs around 40 euros. And that is just entry level mouse. 2-3 years ago I had bought SS Kinzu V2 and it was shit. Both M1 and M2 buttons required insane amount of force to trigger them. Mouse was *too* small and *too* light. Right click button stopped working after few months, basically it broke. Of course I got a refund, but was very disappointed. It is a Steelseries after all, so what the hell. Not to mention I used more M1 button than M2, why would it even break. And yes, Kinzu was bought from store with great reputation, not some shady Ebay or Aliexpress seller.

Times when internet neutrality and privacy was a thing

physical keyboards

I still use my Zen.

Both of the keyboards for the dome iMac, and its ancestor, the Performa. So comfy.
I don't use Apple anymore, but eventually I'm going to refurbish the one I have, and buy an adapter for it, because the port isn't compatible with literally any modern pc.

bazimble

>6400 frames per second
>tfw a mouse has a higher framerate than my computer

Tfw I actually use one of those connected to a spectrophotometer on my lab.

What model is that again?

In my defense I had just built a new computer and it only does that when I play video games, so I thought it was a video driver issue.

In a similar vein, the HTC HD2.