Examples of life-changing tech post-2010

I need examples of life-changing technology after 2010. Nothing that hasn't been invented yet like driverless cars. Nothing that is just a product getting smaller/faster unless it's on the proportion of Gmail storage space or Google Fiber. Basically I want stuff that directly affects the way I live life, like smartphones or Wikipedia, but after 2010.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/CTA-Digital-Pedestal-Holder-PAD-TSB/dp/B00AQT653G
youtube.com/watch?v=GPLiEC_tG1k
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SHA-1
businessinsider.com/iphone-6-touchid-is-safe-for-now-2014-9
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Sup Forums - homework help

Would it make you feel better if I argue there was no life-changing technology invented after 2010? Burden of proof is now on you.

2012 gave us this
amazon.com/CTA-Digital-Pedestal-Holder-PAD-TSB/dp/B00AQT653G

>trying to bait people into spoonfeeding you answers
it's only a matter of what you think counts as "life-changing". for example fingerprint sensors changed the way people unlock their phones which is something most people do many times a day

Electric cars are still budding technology and is impractical for daily use. I've never seen anyone flying drones around where I live. Smart TVs sound like a stupid idea, like most IoT products. AlphaGo was a breakthrough, but it's a board game, not a fundamental component of my life. Tinder has nothing to offer outside of a big userbase. Etc, etc.

2000-2010: We invented pretty much everything on the Internet (FB, Sup Forums, Wikipedia) and came out with the iPhone. We have Uber, Dropbox, and Gmail.

2010+: We use fingerprint sensors.

>using fingerprint sensors
>past 2006
Come on, that shit is trash and serves no purpose.

>Sup Forums pass

The biggest daily life change of the 2010s is probably how smartphones got cheap and powerful enough to become most people's primary device for productivity and entertainment. Tablets rose and fell, because at some point phones got good enough to watch Netflix and view photos and documents on, and the laptop market is desperate to make their devices appealing by making them closer to smartphones.

These things take time. It's silly that you'd ask this question when the 2010s aren't even close to over.

Also post-2010, I think I got my first one in 2012 and it's changed my life a lot - haven't entered a captcha in a long time

Selfie sticks.

The iPhone was massively popular before even its first release, and I'm struggling to find anything comparable 2010+. So far, it's been more of a "faster and cheaper" incremental kind of innovation.

You're probably right that I'll be proven wrong once we hit 2020-something.

How about 3D printers

>life-changing
Rather everlasting flop.

>post 2010

this

kek

I feel like this is so subjective that you're just going to shoot things down for the lulz. In any case, NFC didn't really take off until after 2010 and it has significantly impacted my lifestyle. I'd call any change in the way financial transactions are performed a "life-changing technology," even if it's not ubiquitous (coins have survived to this day, after all). Plus I use those tags everywhere for location-based context.

this

cryptocurrencies, blockchain technology

>fingerprint scan
>no purporse
As a CIA employee I can argue with you.

Okay, the purpose of fingerprint scanners is to allow strangers to unlock things that people mistakenly believe are secured with a fingerprint.

lol fuck off it saves effort vs typing/swiping a passcode and people can look over your shoulder to see your code. if you're concerned about law enforcement you have more things to be worried about than your fingerprint

The purpose is database of fingerprints, surveillance.

it doesn't even save your fingerprint, it's like with passwords the server doesn't store passwords in plain text

You can literally unlock a fingerprint reader with a piece of tape.

Yeah but you don't need a scanner from that, people leave fingerprints literally everywhere. I guess it's... easier?

>You can literally unlock a fingerprint reader with a piece of tape.
wrong

>2017
GNOME/KDE/Englightenment stable implementations of Wayland compositors.
Vulkan API
GCC 7

> youtube.com/watch?v=GPLiEC_tG1k

NSA owns SHA algorithms.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SHA-1
This way you can connect fingerprints with person ahead of time, find where is this person after crime. It much easier than collect fingerprints manually.

businessinsider.com/iphone-6-touchid-is-safe-for-now-2014-9

Google Glass :^)

>using SHA-1 to hash a password
>100 BC + 2117