YouTube background playback

What's a good alternative to this piece of poo-poo? Anytime I play stuff in the background of stops playing after a few minutes.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-iytbp-injected-youtube-background-t3560900/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube-dl
mpv
also ban phoneposters

YouTube red or Spotify

I'm in the process of creating a youtube player/playlist creator (currently only a website) that would work in your pocket while the screen is closed, WITHOUT Youtube Red.

How much am I breaking the Youtube API agreements?

Become a tripfag like floens and give us updates every now and then

Currently I'm running to the same problem as OPs player, it stops playing after a few videos. To continue playback, you need to reopen the browser to allow the next video to start after it stops.

I'm thinking I'll start testing the player states next (see which one it gets stuck on), trying to change the user agent et cetera.

Picture related(?)

firefox mobile let's you play youtube videos in the background

here
Firefox is the browser I've been testing my player on, and it works as described above. Chrome wouldn't even play the video when I closed the screen.

The phone I'm testing/using it on myself is a Redmi 3 with LineageOS. It gives a nice pause-icon to the lock screen and everything, probably from the YT API.

Nougat masterrace can play yt back ground by split-screening.

Install NewPipe or OGYoutube

>forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-iytbp-injected-youtube-background-t3560900/
Works pretty well.

"youtube background playback" on xposed works pretty well for me desu.

This, all the other answers are shit.

Windows Phone doesn't have this problem.

I use a shitty app called iTube.
It downloads the whole video, though.

GPlayer and Viral.

og youtube with android nougat is perfection. it doesn't cut off for a second when you run the app in the background anymore because of the way nougat keeps apps in memory in the back now.

Android O is finally adding picture in picture video playback so it fixes this crap

>PiP

i could do this 2 years ago with my s6 edge on marshmallow.

Did the recent update for the iPhone make it so that we can't listen to a YouTube video when we're on a different tab or not directly looking at the video itself?

I used the stock YouTube app but it's patched with Lucky Patched to allow YouTube playback.

It works flawlessly except when I update youtube, it disappears. Which is not a problem since I just patch it again.

OGYouTube.

OP is specifically looking for an alternative to NewPipe you illiterate faggot.

why is there no steering wheel in that car?

>he keeps an oyster card in his car

literally what

How are you going to watch the video if it's in the background?

Don't you put videos in the corner as a Picture In Picture? I do that all the time with Twitch.

Webtube apk

Use firefox

>he doesn't drive imported cars or live in a country that drives on the left

Toril