How accurate and realistic is this comic, Sup Forums?

How accurate and realistic is this comic, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2mxitw5DjwE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I worked in a company that was completely Dilbertized. It's scary how real these comics are.

very, but my tie is flaccid :(

I was reading his book a few months ago and he kept bringing up being promoted until he hit something called the "diversity ceiling" in what would have been the mid to late 80s, before starting his comics. I'm sure there's diversity ceilings these days but in the 80s? Is he making shit up or can anyone confirm?

Strip does a great job making fun how technology has become politicized with SJWs and Indians.

The diversity and political correctness meme started in the early 80s and has ballooned out of control ever since.

It was also the time when "sexual harassment" lawsuits came into vogue.

Dilbert had some spot on satire.

I heard this one is quite spot-on.

Who actually programs in COBOL these days that doesn't look like they're close to dying?

Nobody.
Btw, those lucrative COBOL maintenance jobs are only given to people over 40 because ageism is a real thing and you're not going to be hired at 22 because you learned to write some cobol on the internet.

People willing to risk their sanity to make big bucks maintaining ancient systems.

That's the joke of the comic sweetie

>learn cobol on the internet
>live past 40
>put on dinosaur suit
>400k starting, any job I want

sounds like a plan.

I was visiting a doctor who looked about 65 and he explained that diversity quotas kept him from getting into a medical school in the early 80's. He went into the military and had his schooling paid for that way instead.

C or Ada is a better bet.

Why?

At this point your usage of the word sweetie is practically equivalent to using a trip, please stop.

This

Isn't one person exclusively, sweetie-posting is a thing now

Dude's a huge neckbeard

Just filter the word you retarded fucks, nobody has ever sweetie-posted anything of any value

>put on dinosaur suit
This alone is a good plan

a lot
youtube.com/watch?v=2mxitw5DjwE

Scott Dilbertman is based af

it's more accurate than you will ever know

When I was a kid I always laughed at these and they still make me laugh even today. Easily one of the best comics.

I have literally never worked anywhere with cubicles. It's all open-plan offices nowadays, and has been for at least a decade.

Affirmative action started under LBJ, but it attained its more familiar modern form under Nixon.

Nixon's actually responsible for a lot of things we associated with Democrats.

Dilbert was way ahead of the times.

The show was pretty funny. Dilbert is good shit.

The entire Dilbert series was hillarious. It's bizarrely well written thanks to Larry David and Seinfeld voices someone also.

>yfw someone who makes crudely drawn business comics for a living became one of the few accurate political pundits

Very, but it's not that funny most of the time.
Sometimes the joke is really painful.

pretty good

Very
I've been in this exact situation with my boss

what's wrong with his head?

Top kek

it's non-stick

Go back to 9gag newfag

I began watching the TV series after seeing this thread (some youtube videos too) and it's pretty good.

The evil hr cat was funny and somewhat based on reality.

I have a daily calender of Dilbert, some pretty good ones.

how does he know that's the reason, and not that he wasn't as good as other candidates?

Oddly enough, I know I COBOL programmer. He's 35 I believe. Good money.

Med schools allow in black & hispanic doctors with much lower MCAT scores & GPAs than whites & asians. Frankly, it disturbs me that this is legal.

but how does he know that's what happened to him?

how will drudge ever recover

In dilbertman's case he says that he was directly told by his higher-up that he wanted to promote him but wasn't allowed to because he was a white male, it could be a similar situation

This image is me at work 90% of the time.

Hard working engineer means working hard 10% of the time, browsing the internet on my phone the rest of the time.

I know a guy who has a growth on his head that just like grows up 2 inches. It's not like a crown as soon in OP's pic, but he grew an afro and it kinds hides his weird giant skin nubs that grow upward. Like he could magic marker them black and you'd barely see it.

not the previous guy but C is used for both legacy code and memory efficient code. For example Tesla uses c for their cars so they can fit them with the cheapest but usable computers.

>tfw I spent a solid 6 out of my 8 hours today reading online, doodling, and working on my own projects while watching WWII documentaries on youtube.