H-hi friends

h-hi friends

I bought this pre-built PC for cheap off of craigslist

and the guy told me the PC will ask to activate in 90 days, well 2 months later its getting close.

Do i just need to buy any Windows 10 key?

in b4 install Gentoo

Other urls found in this thread:

kmspico2k.com/
rufus.akeo.ie/).
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

install gentoo

install manjaro

install ubuntu

you could also install windows 10 IOT core

Try kms spico OP

install solus

Install mint

>install windows 7
>no need to install drives (execpt network) or updates
>activate with daz loader
>install windows 10 upgrade for assistive technology
>pc now has a windows 10 license
>reinstall windows 10 again if you want to be sure that daz loader has not bot netted the pc
>done. now you have a pc with a windows 10 license for free
>enjoy your shitty
>fuck your girlfriend into oblivion
>...

>Implying I have a girlfriend
>implying im not a trap that likes to take it in the ass

Guys, i need to know

no, windows 10 is free of charge until 90 days. free, because you pay with your data.
enjoy your botnet!

oh i see, this was actual advice, i only read the last line.

I heard about the free W10 through assistive technology, can't I do it from this system, instead of re-installing W7?

Cause you can't

sadly no, cause it works like the free win10 upgrade back then. and that only worked from win7 or win8. You can't upgrade from win10 to win10.

I have a windows 8 laptop, could i copy that over OS to my computer?

or with my current system, could I just buy one of those cheap W10 keys from ebay?

that install W7 procedure seems like a long process.

>I have a windows 8 laptop, could i copy that over OS to my computer?
No, cause MS thought of that, and locked that win8 license to that particular pc.

>or with my current system, could I just buy one of those cheap W10 keys from ebay?
That would of course work, but that isn't free anymore?

Yeah i think i will just a buy W10 key and re-download installation, the procedure to download W7 to get to W10 is not worth it, when i can get a key for a few bucks.

one more thing please, is there a way to keep my files and programs when i re-install new windows, instead of downloading everything again.

thanks

I don't know. Thats kinda tricky.
You can't just enter the key into the existing install because that's a enterprise version (assuming your screenshot is yours)
So if you get a home or pro key, you will definitely have to reinstall, afaik.

Maybe there are some hackjobs that work, I don't know any. Maybe other anons know something.

Definitely backup your files if you try to install over it. If it fucks up, you still have your files. You can redownload programs and shit, but not your personal files.

yeah the cheapest key i can find is for windows pro, so i will to download windows pro.

im pretty sure, although this was some time ago, that when you re-install an OS, it asks do you want to keep personal files and programs or something.

piracy you fucking idiot
>paying microjew

you can use Windows 8 or Windows 7 keys, they are literally everywhere

just use microsoft toolkit to activate dont pay for shit

>Guys, i need to know

Dude, one of the previous posters just said it: "kmspico".

kmspico2k.com/

I think version 10.2.0 is the latest one.

What's the word on kmspico versus daz loader?

Is one better?

doesn't work for me because i think its the evaluation OS

Install solus

OP don't pay for a windows key
just download a program called kmspico (you have to download it from the mydigitallife forums).
You can just google how to use it, but it's pretty straightforward.

I think dazloader is for windows 7/8.1 and kmspico is 8.1/10

Kingwin

Kinguin* I mean

That's an ad ridden knockoff of the original site

so i should just buy a windows key?

no
see If, for whatever reason, you want to reinstall windows then it's easy enough to find a key.

Literally install Gentoo.

wont work because its evaluation it says, says I have to do full upgrade.

does that mean I should download the ISO, but if i do, then I wont be able to boot in windows as it will ask for a windows key?

so in the end I will just have to buy a windows key?

if it's evaluation you have no choice but to reinstall.

That being said, you still don't need to buy a key. During the windows installation there will be a screen that asks you to enter a key. On the bottom of the window there's an option to enter the key later, and if you click that it lets you continue on with the installation normally.

Once you finish the installation windows will work perfectly fine. There will be a watermark in the corner of your desktop indicating that your copy is not genuine, and you may get some notifications telling you the same thing, but it will work normally.

That's when you can download and use kmspico to activate. It'll get rid of all the watermarks/popups or whatever other mild annoyances are caused by having an unactivated copy of windows.

I see, thanks for the info.

I can open and run the installer over this current windows 10 enterprise evaluation right?

have you ever installed an os before? That's nor exactly how it works.

You need to burn the iso to a usb and then reboot your computer, and tell it to boot off of the usb. Then you'll be prompted with the install window and you just follow the steps.

Keep in mind that this will erase all your data, so you should have it backed up to a different drive or something before you decide to install.

Just use microsoft toolkit you dumb peasant

Find a torrent for Microsoft Toolkit, d/l it, follow instructions and voilĂ , you're activated. Easy peesy

you didn't read his post here if it's an eval version it can't be activated no matter what method you use. He has to reinstall using a different iso.

I didn't, you're right

He'll still be able to keep his pictures, documents, etc. He'll lose his programs, settings

I see, i think i can do that.

So download ISO stick it on USB, go to mobo settings and change settings to boot off of the USB instead of HDD, and then it will open up the installation?
#
right?

Almost.

You can't just save the iso on the usb; you have to burn it. There are a bunch of programs that do this for you, like rufus (rufus.akeo.ie/).
Just download rufus, make sure the file selection thing is set to iso, and then select the iso file and hit start.
It'll take a few minutes and then it will tell you when it's finished. That's when you reboot into the usb.

If you need any help during the installation you can ask here also from your phone or something. It's a pretty easy installation though, so you should be able to figure it out.

You should use windows 10 it's a great operating system. New update april 11th will get paint 3d.

I see, yeah im sure theres a youtube video out there that goes through it, but wouldst the media creation tool by Microsoft work?

or is your way better?

the tool by microsoft is fine and it does the usb burning for you also.

They way I mentioned is only if you torrent the iso or something.

I see i see, good to know thanks, I'll try it out tomorrow. how big is an ISO usually?

I believe it is ~4gb. You should use an 8gb usb to install it.

If you have a computer with windows 7 OEM factory installed (like a Dell or HP), you may just use the key on the sticker to install the same version of windows 7 on your new comp. Then, you may use the "assistive Technology upgrade" to go to windows 10. Do you or a friend have a windows 7 sticker?

i dont have any friends, so nope thats not an option, thanks anyway.

aww don't be sad my precious, I ll send you a photo of one. Guaranteed never used.

you'll send me a photo of a Windows 7?

its okay, i think i can do it the way user above said.

:^)

of a sticker, duhhhhh

I've already tried it, it said because my copys an 'evaluation copy' it wont work.

oh lol i see

Then get a non eval version, what's so difficult?

> en_windows_10_enterprise_2015_ltsb_x64_dvd_6848446.iso
264D48C902E6B586A1ED965062F7DA4D4DA99B35

> en_windows_10_enterprise_2015_ltsb_x86_dvd_6848454.iso
ABE400AD86C604197A3B163E31AFCC1B7C53325E

> en_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x64_dvd_9059483.iso
031ED6ACDC47B8F582C781B039F501D83997A1CF

> en_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x86_dvd_9060010.iso
45E72D02FF17125C699558719EB946D8E140C9CC

Google the hash you want.

You missed the part you have to reformat your pc and install a fresh win 7. and THEN go to 10, if you insist

>what's so difficult
nothing.
We just spent the entire thread explaining to him that he should get a different iso.

Maybe actually read the thread next time.

so with this i torrent it, download rufus, and burn ISO to my USB, and then restart to load up from USB and install windows?

LTSB + vlmcsd

Yes

still have a few stickers tho

cool, i think i got it, thanks everyone! wish me luck, im going in.

what stickers

Read above?

You ever try contacting Windows and try explaining the situation?

They always throw keys around, but you just need patience with those fuckers.