USB-C is a scam

We finally get mostly standard charging/data connectors for phones/tablets. Everyone who isn't an apple fag is happy.
Suddenly, from out of nowhere!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PmTSN4zWeQ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's just works.

what the fuck is that ?

>A thread died for this shit

It's a better, more durable connector. When it isn't wired for USB 2.0 like most phone manufacturers seem to insist on doing it can do a lot of cool things.

Micro USB will go away and you will like it.
The sooner USB 2.0 goes away, the better. 3.0 should be the standard today.

only downside is that most usb 3.0 doesnt work natively on windows 7 though..

>only downside is that most usb 3.0 doesnt work natively on windows 7
>windows 7
That's not a downside at all.

>Everyone who isn't an apple fag is happy
>apple is pushing usb c standard on their *portable* laptops

bait harder

Read the OP again.

It is when the alternative is Windows 10.

the only thing 10 has over 7 is dx12, because game devs are locked into it

Oh, and the false "its impossible to support new hardware on this!"

Ala z270, while z270 is more or less a rebrand z170

>hurr instul gan2

I wonder how much Microshit paid Intel to make their latest CPUs incompatible with W7.

Probably shit loads.

AMD too.

But least china gets a somewhat debotnetified version

They aren't. Fun fact: the "incompatible updates that cannot be downloaded" work fine if you manually download and apply them. The CPUs fully support Windows 7, all it's missing is a few scheduler tweaks.

>A Scam

What is Thunderbolt 3.

1 USB-C Cable = 2 4K monitors and more. Glad I've got one on my ThinkPad

someone explain the meme that the fucking other end is still standard USB

its like they're literally jewing you in the fact

everything since the micro-usb they are flimsy as fuck

The meme is that USB-C can be hooked either way. The regular entrance is still the same as always.

does it still wear out fast?

and have that annoying jiggle

Have it on my OP3T
Its way better than micro USB(used to have a Huawei Honor 6 with microUSB)
Doesn't wiggle around

I can't wait for USB-C to be the standard.

>Technology is progressing! I don't like it! Technology shouldn't progress because it means that in ten odd years, I'll be forced to finally adopt it! Only, I won't actually be forced to do so for at least twenty years, but I'll whine anyway!
t. OP, the biggest faggot to have ever walked the earth

I still have so many fucking usb-mini cables from back when that was the standard

gotta sell those idiots shitty cables they don't need

I didn't hear people bitching when micro USB replaced mini USB

This is so true. I had a hell of a time trying to force windows 7 to install on a Kaby Lake laptop and all the pajeets on the Microsoft forums and help pages were insisting it could not be done. Turns out it is relatively simple once you know how to work around their deliberate hamfisting

mini was a fucking rock solid connection

I can't get rid of mine since there's always something that needs them and it's hard to find the right cables.

Dualshock 3s for example.

pls poast guide so i can save it for if i get new stuff if i ever do

the only mini USB cable I have is to charge my Wii U pro controller, and I never use it because that shit has ridiculous battery life.

I bought a right-angle micro USB cable once. Found out after about a month of owning it that it's reversible. Didn't even know that was possible.

CPUs aren't incompatible, most SoCs just lack drivers for older operating systems.

USB just had a bad launch (cables that don't support all the features, the switch to USB 3 gen 2, low quality cables, etc etc). Once USB 3 gen 2 is ubiquitous and propel stop making cheap cables, it'll be fine. I'm just mad computer cases rarely if ever have a USB C port on the front.

You're a fucking retard. It's 100% compatible, MS is just not writing drivers for a 10 year old OS to support all the latest power saving features on Kaby.

>Power saving
>kaby

Lmao.

Also windows 10 is pretty much windows 7 plus added botnet and ads.

*aids

>the only thing 10 has over 7 is dx12
You literally just said Windows 7 doesn't have USB 3.0 support so why are you lying?

I'd take propritary connectors over micro usb, it's garbage. Soon usb c will be the standard, thank god.

#staywoke

youtu.be/PmTSN4zWeQ0

micro usb is garbage. it's flimsy and slow.

"just"

Nah mate thats some time ago, but yes, NATIVE usb 3.0 support.

Which could have been added easy with a service pack ISO and so on.

Anything else, pajeet?

various apis were improved from 7 to 8 like screen capture

OBS is superior to whatever bullshit they made.

api, not software
OBS probably even takes advantage of the native screen capture on windows 8+ since it's low level and better then an implementation at a higher layer. Some software it would drop from half a core of cpu usage to a some insignificant percentage with the transition.
Of course with all the effects, encoding, mixing, etc, actually capturing the screen is but one part of the workload for a piece of software like OBS

You realize OBS can use hardware decoding/encoding, right?

Yes, even the shit NVENC that shadowplay uses

I bet you have GeForceExperience Installed for that LUL

>Everyone who isn't an apple fag is happy.
micro-usb? that shit was fucking awful

thank fuck for usb-c with its reversible connector