So, is this still worth it in 2017?

It looks pretty fucking sweet

n-no one?.

k

If tablets that cost more than used cars are your thing, sure

>implying used cars aren't cheap as fuck.

That was sort of my point. For the money you spend on that tablet you could buy a car or two

I mean, I found one for like 1700 refurbished. That'd have to be one cheap ass car.

I could buy my first car three times and still have enough left over to buy some new parts for them

>equating used cars to tablets

The point is that it's a ton of money for a tablet.

you can drops loads of money on alot of things, whats your point

yes, the suface studio more so.

I don't have to say how hair brained this analogy is to point out that this poster's contribution to this thread is moot.

>tablet

and yes, you indeed triggered me, mac fag.

That it's not worth it.

it's not a fucking tablet.

>have to pay for car insurance
>have to pay for gas
>have to have somewhere to keep it

Yes it fucking is.

you sound like a really boring person

Should I get this instead?

>have to pay for car insurance
Nope
>have to pay for gas
Fine, forget the extra parts and I have a month of gas for my three new used cars
>have to have somewhere to keep it
Yeah, it's called my fucking garage.

nah why bother?, when you can buy a car instead

so any laptop with a touchscreen is a tablet.

Faggot, I hope you die young for this low level of shilling.

No, there are touchscreen laptops and there are tablets, this is the latter.

buy a car

What's the point?

But seriously, it depends on what usecase.

Music production/business: Spectre

Art/CAD: Surface book

>chicklet keys for that price

As someone who really wants one, I don't think so. It's just way too fucking expensive, and aren't there reports of the surface pro 4 having a better screen?

In all honesty that's what I want it for. To be able to use it like a laptop but when I go to interviews and I'm on the go showing people things, I want the nicest, biggest, thinnest screen.

This is also as someone who doesn't need it with the power base though, since I already have a $4.2k desktop at home.

but why bother discussing it when you can just go buy a used car instead ?

Like this one?

You're dumb

And you still haven't given a reason why it's a tablet.

Fag

go

t

>Look how easy I can bait ppl in this thread mom!

Gain joy from the fact that I'm literally seething right now.

Music Production? Whats the difference between that and the Surface Book for that?

Since when did I need to give a reason for a tablet being a tablet?

probably like 3 used cars

Not him but isn't it a tablet with a power base? Or you can not get the external components in the kb and it's a glorified surface.

That's pretty much why I want it. The 3:2 screen + the the detachable shit is pretty cool. I dont know how good the dGPU is tho

kek

You don't need a touchscreen for music production.

I'm assuming the Spectre is cheaper too?

Ah, so you are talking out of your ass.

Thanks for making OP's time worthwhile and making Sup Forums such a productive board

here, take this (you)

>because something costs less than a used car means that you should never purchase anything more expensive than a used car

>Ah, so you are talking out of your ass.
Not in the slightest. Since I'm apparently talking to a fucking retard, I'll dumb it down for you. The Surface Book is a tablet with a keyboard. Laptops have keyboards attached to them.

Man you autists are really obsessing over a mere example of something good you could do with your money instead of buying an overpriced tablet.

The tablet isn't overpriced, the car is just undervalued.

Honestly I don't care how good it is since I wouldn't be it. But it can't be good enough for what they're charging. I would have bought this a while ago but it's just too expensive.

>tablet with a keyboard

Surface

>NoteBOOK with a detachable, touchscreen

Surface BOOK.

How many would buy a 13"+ screen as a TABLET.

Christ.

That's a big vehicle.

The tablet is overpriced and the car is undervalued, either way you can get a car for less.

>NoteBOOK with a detachable, touchscreen
i.e. a fucking tablet.
>How many would buy a 13"+ screen as a TABLET
Look up how many sales the Surface Book has and you'll have a pretty good idea.

Gentle kek

For you

*Maintenance costs and poor mileage will definitely not be a factor to mull over.

And you should consult a doctor about your autism

Thank you for your constructive contribution.

What the fuck are you even on Sup Forums for?

I can get a used tablet for less than a used car. What's your point?

>What the fuck are you even on Sup Forums for
To discuss technology

What's YOUR point?

>surface book
>>>

>op looking for laptop
>considering a surface BOOK and Spectre, both of which has laptop procs and dgpus

>insists it a tablet, to say it's utility is limited
>says you can get a car for that price or less

>car
>technology forum
>no understanding of what a simple piece of technology is and it's utility

mate, kill yourself.

You failed to make any valid points

You should be comparing used products to other used products. That's my point.

Laptops have keyboards attached, the Surface Book is a tablet with a keyboard accessory.
>surface BOOK
So you're implying that book in the name makes it a laptop? Imagine if Apple renamed the iPad to the Laptop.
>b-b-but user, it says right in the name, it's totally a laptop!
Fuck off.

Your point is even worse than you think mine is.

>tablet with a keyboard accessory

>literally 90% of the pics showcasing it has it attached
>advertised as a fucking laptop
>compteing hardware with fucking laptops
>spurging out because laptops can now have detachable keyboards without sacrificing hardware

>"I want 2012 back"

make a point without a simpleton, narrow mind.

There are laptops that convert into tablets and tablets that convert into laptops. This is the latter. It's a tablet with a keyboard.

>See this thread
>Have been genuinely interested in the surface book and wondered whether it's worth getting
>Have made many threads on Sup Forums about the surface pro and surface book, all of them die after maybe 4 replies
>This thread is alive and well
>All because of shitposting about cars and the dictionary definition of a tablet

Kill me

I know right, holy shit. Very few have even answered question.

*the

It's good hardware if you need the touchscreen.

and by need I mean beyond OneNote for college work.

Other than that, look at some high spec'd Lenovo, Dell, MBp or HP.

>Your point is even worse than you think mine is.

Nice argument.

Even if I didn't get the external shit in the detachable keyboard? I've been on the fence because of the awkward 3000x2000 res screen, which is the main reason I need the thing.

If they made bigger surface pros, or bigger tablet PC's in general with nice screens that lacked serious power, I'd go for those. For even without the serious power they boast the keyboard will give it, it's still expensive as shit.

Yea bro! Right on, mechanical keyboard with glowing LED gaymer lights on my laptop or go home!

Probably not even cherry blues

Well it's true. It's not about comparing new to new, or used to used, it's about what you can do with the money.

Lol who doesn't have these things?

then the SB isn't for you.

You might as well buy a surface pro 4 or an asus tablet.

Not as big, less res, but it's more what you want.

Ok i could use the money I spent on a use car to help save lives. What's your point?

That there are many things you can do that are better than buying a tablet for ~$2k. Agian, the car was an example. Do you know what an example is? I'm not saying that OP should buy a goddamned car.

this guy is really lonely and just wants your responses.

he has no relevant point,

he himself would contest to that.

I couldn't give less of a shit if anyone replied to me, I'm just telling OP my opinion on buying that tablet.

and your opinion is moot, you spent the entire thread putting the SB on the same pedestal as a nexus 7 and an ipad (even a fucking ipad pro) and saying he could buy a car with that money, unironically.

You might as well not participate in the thread.

You might as well not participate in life.

Unless you're trolling, I'm dead serious in saying that you should kill yourself. I seriously don't want to live in a world with an idiot as pure in ignorance as you.

>you spent the entire thread putting the SB on the same pedestal as a nexus 7 and an ipad (even a fucking ipad pro)
Well they are all tablets.
>You might as well not participate in the thread.
I'm not going to not reply if someone replies to me and I have a retort.
>You might as well not participate in life.
You're an edgy little shit, shouldn't you be on Sup Forums?

Does this count as a tablet or a laptop?

tablet

I'm considering putting one of these in my car.

Well what else does that keyboard do? It has usb ports at least. Any other added functionality?

Dude, I'd put one in my car too if that thing didn't cost more than it.

iirc it has a GPU and an additional battery

Well then it's a laptop. When attached, a tablet when detached.

No, it's a tablet either way. Laptops have keyboards, this is just a tablet that attaches to one

so the keyboard comes separate?

Why would that matter?

But the keyboard is more than just a keyboard.

I never said otherwise.

Oh that matters. If they come together it's a laptop.

So if I package an iPad with a keyboard accessory it's suddenly a laptop? Fuck no.

Yeah so if they keyboard has actual laptop hardware in it, then it's a laptop.

Nope

I mean...that's the whole idea.

>but marketing is just a jew ploy, plz Sup Forums don't be a goy.

Look at his "rebuttal" that he replied you with, he's either retarded or trolling.

Yeah but the keyboard of an iPad is just a keyboard.

I'm just sick of the strawgrasping, so I didn't bother giving the shithead a real reply. It's clearly a fucking tablet and you'd be a goddamned retard to think otherwise.

iMacs have laptop hardware, are they laptops?

But I thought I was trolling? Which one of us actually gives a shit about this gay fucking surface device?

If the pen is comparable to Wacom that explains the price.

If/when that's true I would buy a surface since they are prettier than Wacom digitizers.

It's better than Wacom.

Got my i5
8 GiB RAM
265 M.2
945M GDDR5 1GB

for $1400 recently from microsoft.com with full warranty and return policy recently so I would say for that money yes it is definitely worth it

The surface book has a larger (better) screen

>nicest, biggest, thinnest screen

Isn't the screen like 13.5''.. It's basically a nice toy, in my book (kek, the pun).

For me that's not even an argument.

It's simple. SB runs a fully-fledged desktop OS, unlike most other tablets.

I mean it can run the OS both in desktop mode and in tablet mode. And the Surface book with performance base has an actual discrete GPU, not some integrated shit. In fact, it has both a GPU for the tablet without the base and a laptop GPU in the base.

You have to be pretty retarded not to see that this is a new type of product, that's what Microsoft wants to build right now. They don't want to do what everyone else is doing, like just tablets or just laptops. They want to come up with new types of PC categories.

And whether you agree with them or not, that's why people are confused about what the Surface book is, because it wasn't even made to be either a tablet or just a laptop.