So what's your excuse for not having the best CPU available for the amount of money you pay?

So what's your excuse for not having the best CPU available for the amount of money you pay?

I'm not a gamer manchild.

Bought a i5-6600k last november and don'y feel like upgrading.

but i do have one

I have no money

So what do you do? Compile Linux all day? Milking that Ryzen, I see.

Smart lad.

but the best CPU for the money I pay is a lot better than that

But that's not an ARM chip...

I have a 2500k and I'd rather upgrade to Ryzen. I'm just waiting for motherboards to mature and RAM compatibility to be sorted out.

I wouldn't say best cpu avail unless you get it on sale for like $200 (thanks jet),

Even then you'd need to spend 50 bucks buying a delid kit and conductonaut to get that 5.2ghz.

I'm going to get a ryzen 1600.

1600x hasn't launched yet.

I'm not poor and do more than play gaymes designed for children.

>paid $0
But I kinda do.

Personally I play games designed for adults.

What, like chess? Why do you need a CPU for that?

Looks exactly like paid shilling. Your words are the same ones that I would expect from anyone trying to sell something. Paid shill detected. Get the fuck out, nigger faggot. Shove your brand loyalty bullshit straight up your ass. I'll buy whatever has the best cost to performance, and it's not that piece of shit you're pushing, (((Shmuley)).

same, its funny since the 7600 is barely an upgrade.

Because the Ryzen 1600 isn't out yet.

But user, I already have used x5460

i have a 6700, where do I stand?

Intel Botnet Engine

audio processing work is pretty lightweight and if i run into processing limits i can render/bounce/freeze the track so its no longer needing to processed.

I actually just upgraded from an FX6300. It's fucking fantastic, but I can't help but feel like my GPU is bottlenecking or something in games.

Also people keep telling me to delid, but I haven't had heat issues or anything and it's going stable at 4.81 or so and I have a pretty mediocre air cooler.

Because I make enough money that paying extra for the i7 isn't a problem for me, i5 is still a solid processor I just can afford better performance.

Because I fell for the 4690k meme

>almost falling for the delid meme

i'm buying a 7700k this week so don't give a fuck about the i5's

Why? The perf increase between the 67 and 77 is minimal...

Pretty much this

I have a 2500k too, I want to upgrade but the 2500k is still going strong..

like seriously, a better GPU would be WAY fucking better than 67k to 77k. why did you even get a 1050, and not even a Ti?

April is supposed to be AMDs big memory update that lets you overclock it to 3200+.

Some boards already do, but it's basically patchwork with Intel XMP profiles.

Because I'm getting an R7 1700

Wrong

because i have a 1700

Get pentium g4560. Save you a lot of money while single thread performance is superb.
Inb4 >two cores in 2k17
You don't need more than two cores, shills.

I'm going for a 16 thread CPU and you're suggesting I go for a 4 thread one? Fuck no.

Nice try corelet

My x5650 still goes alright.

I would like to upgrade from sandy bridge, but whenever I actually look at the value proposition, it's absolutely not worth it.

only true answer if any of your fields includes budget or price-performance ratio

My i5-2400 is still plenty for casual gaming and adequate for building ROMs for my phone.

You're urge to buy a 16 thread CPU is completely unfounded. Two cores is plenty.

But sure, buy the meme-core and contribute to the economy, I guess.

Since you're psychic would you mind telling me who's winning the world series this year?

Today, I will remind them

>dual core
>2017

Enjoy your garbage frametimes.

Frame rate is mostly relying on GPU rather than CPU, shill.

What world series?

>dual core in 2017
>literally have to end all processes and applications before you start gaming

yeah nah, i'll go with that sweet 6/8 core

>literally have to end all processes and applications before you start gaming

No, that's not how it works, bruh.

Go back to Sup Forums

I have an i5-760. What does that make me?

Show us where the FX8350 touched you.

Yeah, 30%+ just isn't worth it

t. threadlet

your 6700 runs 39 at idle too? Is this natural for the cpu? Mine is also idling at mid 30s/early 40s

Seems just about right, if you are using the Intel weed whacker and dwell in a warm environment.

thats not a ryzen 5

a cuck

Why?

Also: Jesus fuck, way to reply hours later.

well if its a 760 and you didnt make a typo its a housefire and outdated

if its a 7600 and you made a typo its overpriced and still a housefire

I use my computer for daily tasks which do not include gaming and FX8350 performs fine

Tell me even one valid reason to buy this jewish product in my case, and no, I do not compile Linux all day everyday, I only compile it when my distro releases a newer version as I need to enable AMDGPU support for older cards

Bought a 7700k for $299. Easily worth the it for me for the extra performance. Also, I want muh threads for virtualization.

*Easily worth it for me.
Not worth the it for me.

>virtualization
>doing something other than gaymen
you fucked up then bey not buying ryzen

What should I do now?

>ryzen
>literally broken IOMMU
>proper VM
nice joke

sell it and the mobo at a profit and get a 1700

you get a better/more effiecent cpu for virtualization

Nah it's just bad IOMMU groups on some boards. Asrock has fine groups.

I thought a "kys" was coming. Thanks, user.
Honestly though, this is my wife's rig which she will be gaming on and I will be doing some light virtualization. I was thinking of a truly virtualization-dedicated Ryzen build in the future for a media server, a gaming VM and some lab stuff.

CPU are hitting the performance wall on the manufacturing method they use these days. We saw the major increase on 1993-2013. We'll have to switch materials to have new performance gains in the 100-1000% order

Or, make things more parallel, so we can increase the cores. This is what has been happening, by the way.

Got any source for that? I know there has been some success with ACS patching, but proper groups out of the box would be nice. Biggest thing (apart from bad mobo availability) keeping me from buying a 1700 at the moment.

Yeah Taichi with ACS is fine mang. I've got a 7950 and 4870 for the meme.

I'm poor so I settled with the g4560 until I can upgrade to an i5.

good goyim

What happened to the "anything that gets beat by a 7700k @ 5GHz is shit" meme?

Give me a good reason to upgrade sent 3rd gen to a 6/7th gen. Seems Intel has not made any progress whatsoever for four years

What new materials? There isn't any that is comparable by a long stretch. The only better performance would be better lithographic methods but we're very close to the point where we reach the minimal possible size

Also not coarz hasn't been a thing anymore. 2c4t has been standard since like 2013

Because I have a 7700k

I don't need one.

It's not such a good deal once you factor in a cooler and OC-capable motherboard. But you knew that already, didn't you, shill?

It works like this. If 7700K beats AMD, it's total dogshit not worthy of scraping off your shoes. If 7700K beats Intel, it's just a better deal.

my nigga

i already have a 4670k and it's no difference

>mfw using phenom 2 for a decade
>its better than the FX cpus for most tasks
>just picked up a 6700k for $200
Art of the deal baby

OP

I thought this image was some sort of joke at first, and then I decided to look it up.

I bought a 6600K last August and have it at 4.3GHz w/ 1.27v stable. Don't think I'll need to upgrade for a few years.

New version

>the best CPU available for the amount of money you pay?
That would be the G4560

Intel's at it again

nice housefire

I get i7s for the price of i3s because of a business discount

Hows the pay at the JIDF like?

I don't have money for a rysen

>I use my computer for daily tasks which do not include gaming

congratulations, you can now use anything with sufficient ram that was made in the last 10 years.

You can now fuck off to the land of "doesnt need hardware upgrades cause all I do is browse the web".