Portable Dekstop

Can you make a desktop solution that is completely portable AKA can put everything into a book bag? What would it consist of? (monitor, keyboard, tower) I am fucking sick of laptops. I hate everything about them. I am willing to spend the big buckeroonies and unplug some shit to carry it around with me. I don't give a fucking shit.

As far as I can tell, the best it gets is a micro-ITX with one of those USB type c 1080p monitors and some 60-80% keyboard.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nVPHX-San0I
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856158048&ignorebbr=1
smallformfactor.net/news/asrock-reveals-deskmini-rx-gtx
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16824236689
gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_354945.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

autism

>As far as I can tell, the best it gets is a micro-ITX with one of those USB type c 1080p monitors and some 60-80% keyboard.
something like that yeah

LUNCH BOX

Yeah. They've made one piece desktops for years.

but those are both shit.

You can just get a nuc or similar and combine it with a cheap portable USB display (powered via USB). Combine it with a wireless keyboard with built in trackpad and you've got a system that will fit in any bag and weigh about the same as a 15" MBP.

youtube.com/watch?v=nVPHX-San0I

Dont know about a bookbag, but you can fit a decently powerful m-itx build inside a slightly modified macintosh plus case. If you dremel out the front a bit you can use a retina iPad display too.

Diy, you can get hdmi boards for laptop lcd's, I wouldn't do a battery though it would probably end up being a car battery.

>tfw someone at the starbucks near me brings that shit in every day
>orders an iced coffee in the morning and refills to the brink of night

My SG13 fits inside a backpack, so it's definitely possible. You'd probably be better off going with an a4-sfx or an ncase or something if you want to do something like this and still have a nice graphics card.

I don't care about GPUs at all.

then what's your problem with laptops? the keyboard?

They get too hot. The keyboard is shit. They always smell from heating up. I don't like it at all and I don't want to deal with it. I can't do anything to them.

What about an Intel Nuc? Would that be enough power?

>they always smell from heating up

Try opening it and clearing out the roaches, you filthy fuck.

no, i'm talking about the materials heating up and releasing volatile organic compounds. my nose is really sensitive. i literally can't be in the same room with any of it.

maybe macbooks or some other aluminium frame laptops are better at this than the cheap plastic ones

they still have plastic parts that heat up to obscene temperatures.

What the fuck kind of laptop do you have that smells when it gets hot?

literally any laptop does that fuck face, including your thinkpads that smell like a fucking 400lb guys fat fucking gooch

>Integrate computer parts into a coat with a hood
>You can zip up the hood all the way to cover the face
>On the inside is a bendable computer screen
>You use your eyes and special gloves to navigate

>dekstop

A single board computer with small touch screen. Intel NUC uses a smaller form factor than microitx, and there are x86 based single board computers if you prefer that to ARM.

stuff similar to this is actually where we're heading with wearable and bendable technology and VR

Agree OP, we need a portable desktop solution, Laptops are shit.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856158048&ignorebbr=1

smallformfactor.net/news/asrock-reveals-deskmini-rx-gtx

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16824236689

Galaxy S8

How much does that weigh?

ITX build + backpack

Check out the surface pro's, specifically the Surface Pro 4. You can plug it into your monitors at home so you have the "desktop" experience, and if you need to go anywhere you have a ridiculously light and powerful computer with a great keyboard to use

They're heavy and have the worst qualities of laptops and desktops with none of the benefits of either

You mean like a laptop?

They should make these things more book like so they could be stored in a book bag. Maybe call them notebooks.

this and you can use your fancy pants keyboard with it

Holy shit

Just get one of those huge gaming laptops with four fans and sick performance. You'll get a lot of power and they are still easily moveable.
I'm not sure what this is supposed to be, sounds like hallucinations. Any laptop that doesn't have terrible cooling will not scorch the insides and smell.

Want

kek

gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_354945.html