Does Sup Forums have a RTL-SDR?

Does Sup Forums have a RTL-SDR?

I remember these threads were up every day a year or two ago.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiofax
pastebin.com/9uYXMhVm
rtl-sdr.com/
rtl-sdr.com/tag/weather-satellite/
rtl-sdr.com/receiving-weather-rtty-rtl-sdr/
rtl-sdr.com/simple-noaameteor-weather-satellite-antenna-137-mhz-v-dipole/
youtube.com/watch?v=9WNmhfpWxdk
websdr.org/
rtl-sdr.com/rtl-sdr-tutorial-receiving-noaa-weather-satellite-images/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The fuck is this?

I do have. I don't have other uses for it rather than the radio hearing itself and it's boring if you don't know how to decrypt stations, which I don't. I would like to use it for watching TV as is supposed to function, but cant get it working for that purpose.
A friend of mine uses it for satellite images and flights monitoring though, but i don't see the point

Go back to your containment site

I can't pick up anything with it, I live in a bad area for radio signals anyway though.

It steals nudez.

I have an old basic one, thinking about getting a newer one that has direct sampling, TXCO, and a shielded case.

Kys

>satellite images
Wha?

no

I have one. It was cool at first, and made me feel like a radio pro, but really all I ever did with it was listen to FM on my desktop.

I bet it would be a lot more cool if I lived somewhere with more shortwave activity. It's still probably worth the cost even if all you want is a regular radio with a broad range.

Weather FAX is handy when you are away from Internet access and need weather info, like in a boat.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiofax

Yea that can be very helpful indeed. How could one set it up? Might tell my uncle about it and help him do it.

Can I run a pirate radio with this?

>somewhere with more shortwave activity
Shortwave is global, but coverage depends on time of day and wavelength and other things like solar activity.

You need a good antenna, adapted to the wavelength. A quarter length is good though there is a lot of leeway. A cheap copper wire between your room and a tree is plenty good.

Time for the pasta: pastebin.com/9uYXMhVm

>How
The go to site is rtl-sdr.com/
Specifically rtl-sdr.com/tag/weather-satellite/

Plenty on how to do it there.

>read this
>it sounds cool
>check out rtl-sdr.com/receiving-weather-rtty-rtl-sdr/
>11m wire antenna
not fuckin worth the trouble

Thanks man

Shieeet

Yeah, I was in alaska fiddling with a regular shortwave radio and was able to pick up north korean radio (according to the people I was with who could speak korean). Shit was pretty cool, desu. Still, I'm usually not in alaska playing with a radio at night.

>11m wire antenna
That is the hard way. Try the simpler approach: rtl-sdr.com/simple-noaameteor-weather-satellite-antenna-137-mhz-v-dipole/
youtube.com/watch?v=9WNmhfpWxdk

You can always check websdr.org/ for free using receivers all over the world.

Yes. You need to purchase or make a good antenna instead of the shit one packed in. I would link you to the ARRL antenna book, but Sup Forums ftp is down until further notice. If you have difficultly getting good signal, try to put the antenna as high up as possible preferably outside. I can get pagers, flight transponder data, pilots radioing into airports, school buses, police, fire, paramedics, NOAA weather satellite imagery. The sky is the limit assuming it's between 50ishMHz to 1.8GHz. You can also buy up converters to get lower HF frequencies. This is where the fun begins because low frequencies bounce off the earths atmosphere so you can hear foreign cunt radio. At $10-$20 USD, these things are well worth the purchase.

DTV is lower bandwidth than ATSC. Unless you're wanting to transmit ATSC to your neighbors, you're better off buying a Hauppauge in the states.

rtl-sdr.com/rtl-sdr-tutorial-receiving-noaa-weather-satellite-images/

Yes, bought one along with a Pi to build an ADS-B Tracker, but haven't really got around to actually do it.
And im not going to bother downloading some pre made shit.