A sane alternative for s*ype

I've been a programmer for 12 years now. I have seen too many programs that sucks. If you ask me which is the second worst shit i cannot tell you. But if you ask me the first, i would immediately say s*ype. How can a program suck so badly. I wish all the programmers, designers or a fucking officeboy who contributed skype would die in fires.

TL;DR skype sucks so badly, give me a fucking alternative.

Other urls found in this thread:

tox.chat/
ring.cx/
meet.jit.si/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A new VoIP program won't make her talk to you, user

Discord obviously .. only thing its lacking is video calls but im sure they will do that in the near future cause its growing at a rapid pace

dude i don't talk with chicks online, i am not a freaking neet.

video calls with dudes is gay anyway. i will check it out.

> Cross-platform
> Peer-to-peer so no server bullshit
> Don't need an account
> Everything is locally encrypted and decrypted
> Supports full unicode for you emojifags
> Supports video & audio chat
> No restrictions on file transfers
> Free (libre)

Use tox
tox.chat/

I can still use my msn contact list on my hotmail adress on skype, with all my old contacts there.
Can any other program do this?
Asking because skype is shit

what can we do with Discord servers, I mean what is it for

What about Wire?

Wasn't there a whole "TOX is bad and doesn't respect you freedumbs" thing

LINE.
Supports voice and video calls. Looks good, clean simple UI. On mobile it supports end to end encryption, and the feature is coming to Mac and Windows as well.

Discord is made by ponyfaggots for ponyfaggots.
Faggot

Sadly no one can show me a VOIP that uses a good crossplatform codec and has such good noise reduction, even extreme rustling and wind noise whilst cycling is totally muted during skype calls.
By the way, why is the "o" in VoIP not captilised? It stands for "Over" not "of". Obviously it's just for a catchy phoenetic but I'd said VOIP has caught on by now. Unless a linguist can give me a better reason...

capitalize is for noun. over ain't a noun

>Ring is free software for universal communication which respects freedoms and privacy of its users.
ring.cx/

Which one of these should I use?

Tox is hot fucking garbage for video. If it works at all, it will immediately turn into artifacts and static.
If there is a version with decent video support please let me know

Ring is definitely better in functionality than tox
Riot is okay too

I found out about Slack after using Discord, and I don't know why do people use the worst one. Slack is the original and even has IFTTT integration, so you don't need 3rd party bots in your servers.

Jitsi meet. I use it to talk to normies, great I don't even have to convince them install anything.
If you want to communicate with someone who advanced in technology, just use any sip client. It's the less cancerous technology out there.
zombie
race condidtions, poor texting
Just kill yourself to death idiot.

>end to end encryption on mobile
>not on desktop clients
How do desktop clients receive messages sent from the mobile client if they're encrypted?

Wire. Unlike many others it's encrypted, doesn't require your phone number and works everywhere.

>>race condidtions, poor texting
source? wait, let me guess, your ass?

in fact Skype was better under the kikes (may allah gas all of them) management. then ms-poo took over and dun goofed.

wire, dumbass

Oh now i see full markup support in messages, ability to preview media and links, it was there all the time. What a wonderful argument you provided.
End yourselves please, make a world a better place.

tox, skype and ring are garbage
wire actually works

Except it doesn't. There's a massive bug.

You've clearly never used iTunes.

MFW i started this "iv been doing/using this 12 years"
meme

does skype still steal your bandwidth p2p style so other normies can use it to send dickpicks to each other?

How did this even become popular?
I never even heard of this before last year.

Video games.

>all these closed source recommendations

meet.jit.si/
meet.jit.si/

why no just use teamspeak or ventrilo?
ye i know skype sucks, and it sounds likea fucing vacumcleaner too.

qTox is the better one.

satan can't lie

LINE would be perfect except for the one device per account limitation.

I mean sure, the desktop clients are excluded from this, and so is iPad, but you can't have two mobile phones, or a cellphone and android tablet.