Op, install Windows 10

14.04 for a true stable version.
16.04 for a "stable" version
16.10 for fell like a broken window.

.04 obviously

How much are they paying you cucks?

Mint

17.04 is around the corner

16.04, obviously. Never waste your time on a non-LTS version of ubuntu. (Also, obligatory recommendation to use xubuntu or lubuntu.)

Wouldn't that be an effect of using a shitty desktop environment and not ubuntu itself?

Shouldn't 17.04 be here soon? I would wait for that and stick with whatever distro your currently using.

Well, actually I pay.

To my ISP, which allows me to download things like KMSpico :^)

>shitty desktop environment
well, yes, but it's a also the default DE which tells something.

17.04 will be unsupported before 16.04. Definitely use 17.04 over 16.10, but I'd still say 16.04 over 17.04.

Speaking of cucks, didn't you just post ?

So now you're either a retard who forgot to turn off his tripcode, or you were "just pretending to be retarded". Which one is it?

What's wrong with windows 7?

A fresh install doesn't have all the telemetry gay shit as long as you avoid it in the updates.

16.04 if you're using AMD pro drivers. otherwise go 16.10

17.04 will be out soon too so be prepared for that

it can't be installed on a non-joke file format
it doesn't respect my freedoms
"Clean install windows 7" is secure as fully updated windows xp on 2025, and installing updates will givenyou telemetry cancer, thanks to rollout updates

17.04 Beta

17.04 if on kabylake

>fresh
>almost 10 yrs old

>it can't be installed on a non-joke file format
meh

>it doesn't respect my freedoms
Are you really willing to trade convenience for freedumbs?

>"Clean install windows 7" is secure as fully updated windows xp on 2025
Does it really matter in the end though? I mean you have to download shit to get hacked and you don't sound like someone who randomly downloads files outside of a VM.

>, and installing updates will givenyou telemetry cancer, thanks to rollout updates
Yeah, I will admit this is a problem.

It's still good and has the highest software compatibility of all OSs.

into the filter you go

thanks

NONE

17.04 is coming in a few days. Wait for that and be one of the first people who uses the latest Unity 8 completely rewritten in qt.

the point of ext4 is, it doesn't get fragmanted, a huge advantage
>does it really matter though
it does. you can't use old version of OS forever, software support will eventually die. You'll just accept the botnet or switch to linux anyway

14.04 for the next year

Boy that design looks fugly. Is it possible to update from 16.04 to 17.04? Just asking, 17.04 unity looks even uglier than it is now.

windows>viral spamware that is linux.

This

Unity 8 has come along way, it is so smooth and responsive compare to old X, some people like me can already use it for everyday tasks already.

youtube.com/watch?v=-JxXMEFHz54

Fedora rawhide

You can

Can I use mpv or VLC in Unity 8

Of course you will be able to use it what the fuck ?

Yes.

Then Microsoft pays your ISP for you browser history as ammunition to sue you.

>windows>

>using the smiley with a carat nose

16.04 because I like stability, and it's an LTS.

^_^

^ >^

17.04 drops dnsmasq and replaces it with systemd-resolved, be advised, it is utter shit.

What headache? Ubuntu runs perfectly well on every desktop and most laptops without hassle.

He's a tripfag spreading misinformation around the internet.

Why it is shit?

systemd-resolved assumes local dns resolvers do cache, so it disables its cache if you point it to your local dnscrypt-proxy.

You can not configure its cache size.

You can not use addon hosts like you can with dnsmasq.

always go LTS unless your hardware is too new. In that case you go for a rolling distro like Manjaro.

>using the smiley with the carat eyes
>using the smiley with the carat eyes and mouth

^ >^
\___/

>mouth
It's a nose. * is obviously mouth.

Then why has loonix failed to reach even 5% market share?

techrepublic.com/article/open-source-predictions-for-2017/

It even lost the tiny tiny market share it gained in the past few months lmao.

It's THAT bad.

Either this is complete and utter bait or you really don't know how the PC market works.

>taking a tripfag seriously instead of updating your filter lists

No, I k ow how it works. People get winblows 10 shoved down their throats through OEMs, I know that.

However my point still stands, loonix is getting worse if everyone is jumping ship now.

Depends on if you want to use Unity or not. 14.04 Unity is best Unity. 16.04 Unity is okay. 16.10 Unity+ has the global menu not work properly in some apps, etc.

The other DEs are great outside of LTS.

This doesn't justify a new thread so I'm just gonna ask it here.

Is there any way to bypass reCAPTCHA? This is so fucking annoying.

Be a good goy, buy the chink pass.

That sucks, but most major distros (Fedora, openSUSE, Arch) already have systemd cancer, So, just embrace it or switch to OpernBSD.

install linux mint debian edition

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

> (OP)
>14.04 for a true stable version.
That's old stable and very soon to be EOL.
>16.04 for a "stable" version
That's Debian.
>16.10 for fell like a broken window.
That's for at home.

16.04 user here. Don't feel like switching, until I absolutely have to. It just works. Used to be an Archnigger for 4 years before this, as well.