What's good about it?

How do you fuck it up?

no!!
mx510 and mx518 have terrible click buttons that will last only few years

You know what? I'm about to say it

I think you forgot one

/Thread

Keep it simple stupid.

I fell for the G102 meme and am glad that I did.

Really? i've had my mx518 for almost 7 years and it still works great, best feeling scroll and shape of any mouse

Been using mine since 2007.
Still going strong

I don't know. Think I prefer the 1-A

MX518 is the strongest and most durable thing I have used! I changed few computers and laptops but the mouse is still working like new. Except it's ugly as fuck now and it get dirty very very quick. Anyway, the mouse is fuckin alien technology.

kek clicklets

/thread

Just ordered it today, how's your experience so far ?

OP here, That's fair, they are esentially the same mouse except a few mm's here and there so it does come down to personal preference, although my hands are pretty big I went for the smaller 2-a as i could find it 10 bucks cheaper and have no regrets at all, im sure i'd be equally happy with the 1-a.

I can't live without side buttons configured to back/forward anymore.

this

All good performing mice use the same planned obsolescence Omron switches and have for like 10 years.

I miss when monoprice used to clone nice small mice. Not much selection for fingertip/claw grippers these days that doesn't cost a ton.

I'm still using my MX518, still going strong. I'm glad you made that image OP at least I know what to buy when I need a replacement.

I couldn't find a G400 so I went with pic related

OP here again, forgot to add the absolute shit tier of mice, pic highlights why.

all mice in OP are plug and play and work great right out the box

>using mice in 2017

casuals

>using a touchscreen in 2017

What a normie.

I have a G502 because I heard it was the G9 replacement.

I wish I got the MX Master.

>wireless

It's shit. Comfy, but fuck the rest of it.

I've had it for like 8 years. Perfect for gaming. Love the ergonomic.

only the mx518 should be on there

and thats only because the other alernative at the time was the IME 3.0/WMO/IO 1.1

Zowie is bad, and always has been.

I had that and it was utter shit for me because I have oily skin
On the left it had a pattern with embossed holes which gathered up dead skin and sweat and oils
The plastic is rough and gets dirty very easily after long usage it's difficult to clean
I literally had to take it apart, wash the plastic parts and pick out the gunk in the embossed hole with a toothpick weekly if I wanted that mouse to be clean

Also it was a little small for my hands and took me 2 weeks to fully get used to
After 4 years the scroll wheel started failing and I replaced it with a Naos 7000, one of my best decisions ever. It fares extremely very well with my oily skin and it is larger

id rather have the 403 desu.

Whatever floats your boat. They're both great. Logitech is the only manufacturer for high end mice in my opinion.

>Zowie is bad, and always has been.

I can't agree with this, Zowie was bought over by BenQ recently I bought the ec2-a earlier this year and as an upgrade from my mx518 I can say that the ec2-a is a very solid mouse, probably a little overpriced but it feels solid, the teflon feet glide amazingly, i can hold it almost the same way as my mx518 (i miss having the space between the RMB and side of the mouse to rest my ring finger) and the build quality is solid, its just as accurate and the buttons feel just as good as the mx518, scroll wheel feels a little different but you get used to it fast.

You need to wash your hands and take baths man.

I wish there was one of these plus two side buttons. Love them

>somehow thinks benq buying them is better
But user, benq monitors are shit too.

Zowie mice have high latency, compared to logitech for example, also their coating is shit and theyre overpriced as fuck.

>No G9x
Close

This.

Is it safe to say that the MLT04 is still the best mouse sensor ever made?

Uhh isn't the IMO1.1 just a WMO1.1 with side buttons?

Im using an IME 3.0 atm, have been for over a decade, but have been considering the 403, the wired version at least - but the braided cable is putting me off

FUCK BRAIDED CABLES SO FUCKING MUCH.

The MX518 and the G400 are both garbage. The only mice they're a step up from is trackball mice.

>Zowie mice have high latency

Ok this is bullshit, you're gonna have to bring up a source to back this up, I got used to the surface pretty fast, i now prefer the surface as it makes my hand less sweaty/oily

I do.
I could wash every hour and my skin would still getting oily, especially when I use the mouse and keyboard a lot like when I'm gaming. Even more when it's summer and there are 30°C outside

Abyssus 2014 or salmoza

Zowie mice USED to have high latency. It was fixed multiple generations ago but a lot of people still seem to think its an issue.

Its better than before, but its still pretty fucking bad.

its still very high compared to actual good mice.

What are the best microswitches in /msg/'s opinion?

D2F-01F

Some retard might tell you D2FC-7N-(20m)

Dont listen, the C stands for China, the D2F-01F are japanese switches with better quality

>not having them configured to paste/enter

I use my floor paddles for that.

Just picked up an EC2-A last week. Been loving every minute of it

Fuuuuck...

You must be at least 18 years old to post on this website

lmao

Theyre alright tho, the D2F-01F are just better

MX Performance is better

Source still needed, champ

>400 dpi
>3 button

If the MX518 is up there, the G400 should be up there too. Very similar mice. The G400's only competition at the time was the zowie mouse that was $20 more.

Claw grip is for autists

I've had the G400 since it came out. Last week the scroll wheel stopped working. I opened it up and realized how simple a machine it actually is. I bent a piece of malleable metal and in 5 minutes I had a working scroll wheel again. The Logitech logo is peeling away but this thing still works great.

scroll down halfway or so

overclock.net/t/1584856/sponsored-review-of-updated-zowie-benq-lineup-by-ino

Comparing differences in latency between mice that all have

Click latency now is literally non-existent. The issue you see crop up with them seeming to be 3ms slower than a Logitech mouse is caused by the testing methodology.

Click latency is tested by just holding 2 mice together and hammering on them to register clicks. the issue with this is that even if a mouse has superior latency if it has heavier switches it'll actuate later. This isn't an issue in gaming because people just get used to the heavier weight.

> wired

fuck those old logitechs, the ergonomics are total garbage unless you're a total manlet. tiny mouse with a big hump in the center requires you to curl your hand around it in such a cramp inducing way. also the clicks feel like shit.

deathadder has the best shape and feel for gaming with a decent sized hand but the build quality is unbelievably shit. couldn't rma my second and last one because i bought it from an "unauthorized seller". fuck razer.

now i'm using pic related since i found one cheap and the build quality is great but it's ambidextrous so the palm support is meh.

While i understand you need to confirm you bought something good, the zowies DO suffer from bad click latency even after the fix

Shit, even my IME 3.0 has shit click latency - But i love the shape.

>But muh 3ms
Its 7-10ms compared to logitech.

>But hulk smush mice to check latency
Bro, if you smash two objects together at 3m/s+ EACH (so 6m/s+) resistance on the clicks with something like mice is not going to matter, from the point the plastic hits each other were talking sub 1ms or some shit

im sure there is someone in here that can into math to back that up.

>have two DeathAdders
>never bothered to install the drivers
>close the window and tell Razer to fuck off when using Windows
>nothing comes up when using linux
>nothing comes up when using OSX

It's the only Razer product worth buying, and the 2013 DeathAdders are cheap as fuck right now. I just wish it didn't have the green glow.

>needing an expensive mouse to move your fat cheeto dusted fingers back to the mouse quickly

I've bought more mice than you've looked at retard. I own both zowie and logitech mice, multiple models from both companies. You're so fucking stupid you don't deserve to have hands.

Nice one, looks like it manages to contain all the rice.

It literally makes a huge difference.

If you were to take 2 switches from a keyboard, one having a 50g spring and the other having a 70g actuation force spring and push them together, then of course the one with the 50g spring will actuate sooner. It simply takes less force to do so.

Wow you bought more mice than i ever looked at eh

Its amazing you know nothing about them then, that must feel bad

I hope your daddys trust fund doesnt run out on you.

Which is not produced anymore. The MX Master is the replacement.

>overclock.net/t/1584856/sponsored-review-of-updated-zowie-benq-lineup-by-ino

where does it say anything about high input lag?

i ctrl + f "input" and "lag" no results

You have to account for you smashsing the shit together, that puts the force of your arms moving them into equation too, the only difference would be travel lenght, and at under 1mm or something, that should not matter

As i said, someone in here thats actually good at math could probably go nuts and prove this, im even sure someone did once too.

Lets take your case then right, one is 50g other is 70g, ok, now move 50g and 70g against each other with 3m/s+ each, then add in the added weight of your arms behind each one, suddenly - it doesnt really matter

search for latency, or do as i said in that post god damnit, just scroll down to where the table is lmao

I'm not the retarded ESL third-worlder kid who is jerking off one company over latency differences that don't even hit 3% of human reaction speed. Don't post ever again, you are too stupid to discuss this.

The tables halfway down describe

Struck a nerve, have I?

Youre free to leave the thread any time you want.
Just buying things doesnt mean you understand how it works

Just like that Mac and iPhone you own, daddys little shitter.

Can someone explain the MLT04 meme to me? Why is this old ass sensor so we'll regarded? Shouldn't it be awful compared to recent stuff since it's like 15 years old?

r8 my new mouse

>t scroll down to where the table is

ok I read it, but it still makes no sense from my practical real world experience of the mouse, I think it's that review which is of bad quality

As i said, keep justifying the added latency (the logitechs arent 0ms, the 7~ ms is added on top of whatever latency the logitechs have.)

Thats your opinion, im sure you wouldent mind 10ms extra latency on colors on your monitor either then, right.

>best mouse

Why would you need so many mice? Aren't you Sup Forums enough for a tiling window manager with an animu background and a badass with lynx so you barely ever have to touch one? You're not some kind of pleb... are you?

Mine died six months ago

legit worst mouse that will ever be made

apparently it feels really raw no bullshit at all no processing no acceleration etc. downsides obviously 400 dpi and low perfect control speed.
I can't really tell any difference between mlt04, 3988, 3310, 3090 and 3366
t. csgo, quake gaymer

R8

After the release of this mouse they should stop making them because it will never be topped

>not just getting a used g400 or Intellimouse 3.0

New mice are shit, always some form of smoothing or processing or acceleration or prediction.

the g400 has prediction and accel and the ime has shit tracking speed/surface read and bad dpi plus any ime you buy now is a chink knockoff and probably has accel/snapping + a bad sensor

All mice with fewer than 3 side buttons are useless. You at least need a button for forward, backward, and next tab. Clicking tabs is such a waste of time.

what mice have 3 side buttons and a good sensor?

I've had a Zowie and a G400s, both were pretty good mouses.

Hell if I know. I've been using this one for 5 years.

amazon.com/dp/B00AAQRNQ8/

Doesn't look like it's available anymore, though. It was only $30 when I bought it.

feels good to not be a poorfag and to have a G403

I really liked my g400, but I like my g600 even more.

>9800 sensor
bad sensor with inconsistent acceleration

>when you have the g900 because money