What do you think about the hyperloop so far?

What do you think about the hyperloop so far?

Do you think it'll fail or will it deliver on all its promises?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RNFesa01llk
youtube.com/watch?v=cPOmuvFostY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

like most of Elon Musk's endeavors, it's a scam.

>being this delusional

>What do you think about the hyperloop so far?
absolutely fucking useless idea. nobody wants to take public transportation. Nobody can afford to travel for leisure, and businesses are turning to telepresence for meetings, remote work, etc. This is a boondoggle at best and a total waste of money and a scam at worst.

>Do you think it'll fail or will it deliver on all its promises?
No. It'll be mired in problems, run over budget, people will be maimed and killed working on the project, never mind what happens when an earthquake happens while one of these trains is doing 200MPH. It's an expensive death trap.

We should be using hyperloop money to build desalination plants.

youtube.com/watch?v=RNFesa01llk

go back to sucking bald Musk's cock

that one atheist faggot put a few debunking videos about it, and why its a fucking scam

Who?

He looks trustworthy, can I give him my money?

>Calling this guy delusional
Good luck building a vacuum sealed chamber across California, wasn't the tiny test track they build around 100K to build?, are people really this delusional.

Have a look at how that test went by the way.

>None of the vehicles could pick up any speed let alone make it through the tiny track
>It took around 4 hours for the chamber to seal every fucking time they switched participants

Do you even know anything about the Hyperloop? it's a complete fucking flop.

thunderf00t I think but it's not his best work

It's going to create a black hole. Fuck that unnatural monstrosity.

As a freight service, it'll do well, considering the popularity of Amazons fast delivery. This would literally make it possible for deliveries that usually takes a week or more to minimised to a day. As for public transport, it'll never happen. Too many things could go wrong.

i think it will be interesting to watch it play out and since it's not really his money and it's not my money, who cares? let him build it and test it and try to make it a reality. once he gets government subsidies from taxpayer derived revenue streams then i'll start caring.

This attracts venture billionaire class capital. It's futuristic and employs people. Who cares if it doesn't work. You have to shake that money down somehow. The tech and skills required are worth it alone. If it works, which it most likely will, then even better. Also I'm a fan because I think it's brilliant.

>nobody wants to take public transportation.
I... what? This statement is at odds with reality.
>Nobody can afford to travel for leisure,
As is this one.
>and businesses are turning to telepresence for meetings
I am replying to you from a company paid hotel room. This entire floor of what I'm guessing is roughly 20 rooms is dedicated entirely to corporate rooms.

3/10 troll, you risk being mistaken for someone who's joking.

It's good thing to deliver stuff fast.

a vacuum chanber that big is retarded

it sure would be neat though

congrats user, you are richer than 95% of people

People take public transportation because it's the least worst option, not because they like it

businesses that need to fly employees all over are becoming fewer and fewer. imagine all the shekels they could save if they didn't have to.

not even mad that the wealthiest 5% can't understand their rich bubble.

If the world's evolution was decided by all the retards of Sup Forums we'd still be in the Stone age.

They take one look at it and assume it can never happened but everyone behind a keyboard is an engineer I suppose. I'm excited to see what they do with it. Even if it doesn't work as expected it could still lead to different approaches for solving this problem.

It's completely new thing, of fucking course it won't be 100% instantly, they'll fix the stuff and it will be revolutionary.

Thunderc00ck destroyed this piece of trash a couple of times already. Elon Musk is a con artist.

>they'll fix the stuff

Please elaborate on how

Can't agree more, I think its perfect for in europe where natural disasters are not common.

There's a lot of industries where that is impossible/blatant lies though. You're talking like the wealthiest 60%.

I'd like for the hypercuck to actually work but no way in fucking hell will it actually.

MagLev trains exist and are really good.

really high maintenance and they don't make sense for shorter distances

Would those function and be cheap to buy tickets for if they rode along the suggested hyperloop routes?

>you are richer than 95% of people
Nigga I'm on €30k. This is not a high paying job. You mean to tell me that I'm wealthier than 95% of the US? How bad is the US?
>People take public transportation because it's the least worst option, not because they like it
You never just sat back on a bus with a cup of shitty 7/11 coffee, watching the city? It's not bad, especially if you have someone with you. As for using it to get from point a to point b, it's usually the only sane option and it's not usually terrible.
>businesses that need to fly employees all over are becoming fewer and fewer.
Company I work for recently backpeddled on the whole telecommunications thing. Apparently face to face communication is the in thing again, at least with the big old tech companies.

Reddit hyperloop is really doing well so soon enough we will have it

Whilst I agree with some of what you're saying, if other user could elaborate on that point he'd be working for munsk not shit posting on a turkish origami fan club

I know, i'm just having a bad day.

Anything I could do to cheer you up?

People have been talking about putting trains in (de-)pressurized tunnels/tubes for decades and decades. It's not gonna happen.

>It's completely new thing
Electric motors are almost 200 years old.

That no one could make a vehicle that could even finish the course let alone go faster than a car is telling.

The whole thing is a scam; It's stupidly dangerous, offers little to no advantage to offset the needs for a vacuum, would have a massive construction cost, doesn't do much better than standard high speed rail if it did work.

Meanwhile at Space X.

I will never understand why poor people think public transportation is your only option when motorcycles exist. You can buy them used (and it's a fucking buyers market right now), some slower bikes up to 100mpg (average bike gets 56), cheap to maintain, and even if you need to haul shit, you can get one that toes a small trailer. Yes, there's a some money you have to put into safety gear (helmet, pads, etc.). But this is a million times better than taking the BUS. Public trans doesn't work for America. We're too big and spread out.

Read that if someone shoots out the tube (and it's impossible to guard that much pipe) and depressurizes it, everyone dies instantly. Pass.

700mph, was hoping there was some way of doing faster than sound since it's in a tube, oh well.

and yet bigger and longer tubes exist carrying oil and gass and are fine

Those aren't under a vacuum and don't run above ground

Why is it so fucking slow? With modern maglev in a vacuum tube we should be hitting a silky smooth 12,000 km/h. No friction + no atmosphere should equal fucking reentry speeds.

Should also introduce lots of weak links. 12 000km/h through a vaccuum tube that gets a leak somewhere, good luck trying to make good press out of it.

It's vaporware.

hmmm let's see
>spend money on motorcycle
>spend money on safety gear
>spend money monthly for insurance
>spend money regularly for maintenance / inspection
>spend money on gas
>can't ride in shitty weather
>probably the least safe transportation option
OR
>buy bus pass
>take bus

taking the bus sucks, but come on dude u can't b srs

People are dying in any scenario where the vacuum is compromised

> earthquake happens
> THOOMP
> tube crushes and people shot out of tub at m1

Could potentially be extremely useful for freight. Useless for people given the risks and cost.

>lets build a giant pressure vessel
Okay.
>Lets build a giant pressure vessel thats miles and miles long.
Okay.
>Lets put a train inside of it that will accelerate to insane speeds.
Okay.
>The train has to maintain its own sealed atmosphere during transport
>and any one point of failure in the pressure vessel could compromise the entire system
>and the entire length is a constant static target with a high risk/reward ratio for terrorists

I'd feel a lot better about the long term safety prospects of this if we lived in a world without muslims.
I fear the TSA will get involved here and it will become just as much of a hassle as flying.

How do they deal with heat expansion? They can't leave holes between rails like they do with railways.

The thermal mass of the track might be enough to radiate heat outward from the system, provided there are enough points of contact with the rest of it.
I imagine something like an immense closed loop cooler wouldn't be out of the question either.

Considering the only way they've figured out how to slow it down is by ramming it in to a mountain of dirt it's a joke, that will do nothing but create eye sores across the landscape as these projects are abandoned.

The only saving grace is his company "Bore". That exists purely to dig big fucking tunnels for these piles of shit.

He's created a fucking tax loop hole that does nothing but recursively pay him and pay out to him.

I can't tell if he's brilliant or a scammer.

Reinvesting money into your company is a sound move, it keeps investors happy, but a lot of his projects are slightly questionable.
Undoubtedly he has financed a lot of things that produced results, but I'm not sure the over/under would look too impressive if all government money were tallied up.

So what, he's a billionaire. Let him spend his money and when it crashes and burns at least some of the research will be useful

It's a sgam :D:D
Don't trust Elon Musg.

Reminds me a lot of people's ideas about gas turbine engine cars in the 50s

Tell me more

>tfw user brings up an interesting topic and won't tell you more
o-ok

FUTURE
youtube.com/watch?v=cPOmuvFostY

IS ITS PROMISE BEING A USELESS PIECE OF SHIT?

BECAUSE THEN

neat

>implying the hyperloop is for earth

It's for Mars. They just want to meme it here, get all development done, and use it on Mars where getting said vaccum will be easier, since cars and stuff make no sense on Mars.

Straya here. I'd kill for these to be used for freight and get the FUCKING TRUCKS off the roads.

Something would still have to get stuff from the loop to its final destination. You'd still have trucks on the road.
That isn't going to change. You'd just have short distance hauling instead of more long distance hauling.
Pretty much nothing short of teleportation will replace the semi.

And also don't transport livestock

It's not reinvesting money. It's moving cash around, period. It's a three card monte hustle. That will only get smaller and smaller. Until he cons some more investors in to giving him more cash.

Company A needs service B.

I'll take some of the profit from company C and Company A to start Business B that provides service B

Like I said, I can't tell if it's brilliant or a scam.

Wrong.
The Hyperloop is a major setback for high speed rail in the US.
Instead of innovating and improving working technology, like high speed maglevs and finally allowing Americans to have high speed rail like Asia, Musk wants to reinvent the wheel, waste a fuck ton of money, and when it flops the media will shit on any high speed rail for the next 2 decades.

The same way they choked on the SST.

>Let him spend his money
That's the joke. He isn't spending his money. The whole project is requesting financing from state and more dumb and corruptible ones already paid for it. It's a fucking scam.

just make the roads wider and raise the speed limit lmao

>just make the roads wider
are you fucking retarded

>vacuum
I thought it was just a pneumatic thing like they have at banks

that's what they're doing near me.
They knocked down several trailer parks so they could add two lanes and many turning lanes to the highway

nah its a vacuum, .0001 psi, no air resist so the thing can fly thru the tunnel at >m1

the wheels are gonna get hot tho

Mag lev.

the magnets are gonna get hot tho

oshitnigger /thread
elon memesk still top boi tho