Open source discord

why is there no open source VoIP/messaging software equivalent to discord?

Why are you not making one?

I have plans on making one, but this project won't be finished anytime soon.

have you tried wire?

Mumble is FOSS.

mumble you stupid kid

because opensource autists didn't take it seriously and think $protocolthatisnotacompletesolution is better because everyone in their echo chamber uses it so it must be good enough for normies.

if they actually put any effort into making an opensource version of discord with an interface just as good or even better then maybe it would exist.

instead of trying though they'll just sit on their lonely ivory colored tower and feel smug about their hipster tech.

its too late anyways, discord has passed the point of critical mass and its damn near mandatory to have it installed if you want to communicate with many guilds/clans/etc.

How the fuck is mumble, a FOSS alternative to Ventrilo, going to stand a chance against Discord when even Ventrilo is being tossed aside for Discord.

Discord was created as a solution to the deficiencies of Ventrilo (and by extension Mumble). That noone in FOSSland recognized this is a testament to the level of smug and apathy.

TS3 is the greatest gift to mankind. Either way, the marks that TS3 didn't receive were all arbitrary anyway. Good try Discord shill. (I'm also willing to pay $1.5/m for everything I need)

not similar.. that's like the stupid fucks who use skype instead of mumble/teamspeak/vent back in the day
disgusting
push to talk or kill yourself

there's no open source discord because it's fucking garbage and if anyone saw the code they'd kill themselves

>when even ventrilo is being tossed aside for discord

ventril has been dead for many years, teamspeak & mumble were always better

riot.im

how are you supposed to access your chats / scrollback from all your devices with mumble?

But how do vi sitter i Ventrilo och spelar DotA now if vi don't have Ventrilo?

>open source
It's freedom that should matter.

tox looked like it would be amazing

>Sup Forums project
>amazing
top kek

>...and all of these features are for """free"""
really gets that noggin joggin'

calm down poo poo head

wire is the best