twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

CIA NIGGERS

lol what

>>trash

how so

Shitty support
Expansive support
They make a kinda good OS tho'

They fund a lot of good software but their releases and package management sucks.

Systemd

NSA front company.

Red Hat 9 was my first linux distro back in 2004. Comfy as fuck.

NSA

Not even memeing, look up who created SELinux.

cia niggers

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

GNU/Linux*

Linux is the name of the kernel that Linus Torvalds developed starting in 1991. The operating system in which Linux is used is basically GNU with Linux added. To call the whole system “Linux” is both unfair and confusing. Please call the complete system GNU/Linux, both to give the GNU Project credit and to distinguish the whole system from the kernel alone.

Linus disagrees

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hat_Linux

This, unfortunately. Red Hat used to be free of this but now has been an NSA front for almos 2 decades.

>refuses to give credit to lord GNU
die faggot

Debian or gtfo
If you're not using it as a desktop gtfo

Saying "Linux Distribution" isn't the same as calling Linux an OS.

sed 's/Linux/GNU\/Linux/g'

You're drunk aren't you?

I don't know if he is, but I am.

Looks like ryzen had a fucked up launch, didn't it?

>Sent from GNU/Linux/Systemd/Xorg/Firefox

You are not alone

Expensive, but great support. Well worth it for the enterprise. If you can't lay down the money, you should consider CentOS or Debian.

>Systemd
i don't use that shit

Nice, I'm drinking sake. well the bottle is done

>muh unix design philosophy
>lgnu/linux has never been unix
faggort

It's good but why not just use CentOS or Fedora if you like red hat...

Literally a CIA/NSA front

On a level that is likely very comparable to Microsoft, Google, Apple et al.

Why would the CIA only infect a relatively obscure (that is, not many normies use it) Linux distro? It would make more sense for Ubuntu to be a CIA backdoor?

They're using systemd to infect things, and they're using Red Hat (the corporation) to develop and push systemd everywhere.

That doesn't mean that Red Hat is more compromised than the average systemd distro, but since it's literally developed by a company that's in their pay AND its main use is for corporate machines which may store lots of interesting data, there's no reason for them not to take extra steps there.

To further clarify, though, I was mainly talking about the company when I said they were compromised.

I'm running the free developer version of rhel on my laptop. It's very stable and some proprietary software are only certified to run on it, so I get better compatibility with it.

>I'm the Dumbest Tinfoil Hat on the Internet: The Post

Have you SEEN how their developers behave? They dismiss issues and bugs, have a constant holier-than-thou attitude, and keep that up while developing a huge, incomprehensible blob of software that nobody except them fully understands, in a low-level language where every almost every line has potential for a security issue (and hence an intentional backdoor).

Oh and they just so happen to be employed by a large corporation, located in the US, and clearly cooperating with the US government.

Of course none of this carries any proof that they're actually doing anything malicious. But, if the US government did want to compromise Linux (and why wouldn't they? Windows and macOS are both compromised, as we now know - but so far there hasn't been and concrete disclosure on Linux) this would be exactly the way they'd go about it. The open-source nature makes it really hard to get backdoors in, so something obscure and obfuscated, inconsequential to the average end user, yet completely ingrained in the deepest parts of the system, is absolutely perfect.

I vaguely remember something about an actual NSA project involving adding poorly-readable and highly complex code to important open source projects with the aim being to slip in backdoors, but I can't remember what it was called so don't quote me on this.

still better than apt or pacman 2bh

it's red hat btw. not redhat.
helpful tip: if you're confused about the spelling, ask yourself "is 'redhat' a word?" the answer is no.

I've never had problems with their developers. They fix things relatively quickly compared to any other company, even when you give them accurate ways to reproduce the bugs.

They have to comply with the US gubment. It's not a community project.

The source is available, you can analyze all +200 million lines of source code.

>The source is available, you can analyze all +200 million lines of source code.
Precisely. And you can find experienced kernel developers saying they have trouble understanding systemd.

What better way to compromise an otherwise heavily audited system?

Of course I'm being paranoid, and millions of people use Google for everything and never turn off data gathering options in any of their products and they mostly live happily ever after. But if you care about this kind of thing, you have to at least acknowledge the risk.