I F*cking did it /g

only have it a couple hours, but comfy af !!!

Didn't think it could live up to the hype, but the keyboard is f*cking amazing, screen is good, not too big/heavy, and pretty cheap, thanks /g !!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1Bix44C1EzY
amazon.com/RCA-Cambio-Detachable-Keyboard-Windows/dp/B01E0B7Y2G/
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-2520M-vs-Intel-Atom-Z3745/m29vsm11834
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-2520M-vs-Intel-Core-i5-4200U/m29vs2742
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>windows

you do know this isn't neogaf
You don't have to censor yourself

congratulations

welcome to the Club!

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=1Bix44C1EzY

they actually do that on neogaf? holy fucking shit

thanks !!!

Looks like a big hunk of shit desu lol

goin to install an ssd now !!

I know, it's great, everyone should enjoy such a beauty of a laptop

I have an x230 and I don't know the difference in iGPU, but if you don't need all that USB speed (I do) these are the sweet spot between price/performance/portability

A lot of power in the size of an ultra book at 200€, nothing can beat that.

Or you can get an Expresscard with USB 3.0 ports

(You)

>old chink shitpad
>winshit
pajeet, GTFO!

Those are shite, the best i saw is around 30MB/s while with mine I transfer 100MB/s from SD to external HDD

just stuck an ssd into it, that already had fedora on it (was testing it), and it booted into it directly, the volume buttons aren't working, but otherwise everything seems ok !!!

>X220
>Not T420i

just restarted it ,and volume buttons are working, pretty amazing, it's a fedora install from a 5 year old dell laptop, working directly on the 220

it looks atrocious you fucking hipster.

Time to mod the shit out of it. Modded bios, IPS screen, etc...
Also, if you want to keep Windows, get the EDU version and decrapify it.

Mine (7$) does 80Mbps on my external hdd. I guess it's a hit or miss but I only had good experiences.

>screen is good
I find that really hard to believe. Most ThinkPad owners agree that the screens are utter shit.

The path to full neckbeard has begun, now install linux and finish your journey.

i really wasn't expecting much, but it seems ok to me ...

already done

>fell for the used shit meme
How much cum is encrusted in the keyboard exactly? faggot

yeah, I've seen people are modding them, i just put an ssd in it, and that should be enough for now, the ram upgrade would cost about 1/5 of the whole thing, so for now, this seems good enough ...

correct i love my thinkpads but the screens are objectively shit on the x220, even the ips one

what do you find shit about them?

What a meme

Now install MACOSX

the Screen is indeed the weakest part, but i can forgive that.

Question: why is ram for old laptops still so expensive ?

>why is ddr3 so expensive
gee, I don't know

and which brands do you recommend for a 220?

You would have been better off saving for an AMD R3 CPU + Rx GPU custom desktop but at least you didn't pay full price for your craptop.

I want kids off this board

What a piece of junk.

What kind of think-pad would one recommend for my daughter? She said she wanted a think-pad with a tracker paint and Wi-Fi.

x230T

The tablet so she can draw furies and stuff

>I wanted a laptop
>some tripfag autist recommends I waited for speculated components for a desktop

Are you fucking mentally disabled?

I kinda agree with tripfag but like you speculated, that won't even exist before next fall...

The last ThinkPad I bought was a T400. I still have it and use it daily. Switched to a 2011 MBP for my main laptop and I think it's time for an upgrade. I really want another ThinkPad.

T420 or X220?

This post reeks of reddit

you fucking cunt, don't tell me to go back if we're on fucking half chan you fucking pleb.
I don't need to go back because I am already back here. Tell that shit to me when we're on f...ul..ll c.han or shit like that.

Just tell me, why the fuck would I choose this vintage shit over a thousand dollar gaming laptop with decent cpu and gpu?

If you can give me a logical explanation and manage to make me understand, I will take bukake from every each one of you.

obviously you faggot, 90% of 4channers le anonymoose are also redditors now. This ain't 2008 motherfucker, it's 20fucking17. Sup Forums might as well be another subreddit out from of reddit site.

Say that shit "this post reeks of reddit" when you're on a non mainstream chan you faggot fuck.

is pic related yours? that seems to have the slice battery on the bottom. With both it lasts almost 20hrs. I would like some confirmation on that, doing some regular office work and shitposting using wifi I get almost 9 with the bigger battery only.

gaming on a laptop is stupid, and practically any other task that can be done on a new $1000 laptop can also be done just as well on a $150 used thinkpad from 2011

Do cripplechanners actually post here? Go back to your furshit board you ninnies

goddamit, at this age, laptops are now sleeker and lighter and looks more appealing. I hate this pieces of shit as a kid. It looks so dorky and retarded. I will never understand how you hipster faggots mind works.

I understand some old stuffs like the old bulky piece of shit CRT monitors doing really with FPS games and emulating retro game for example

oh and also safety razors/straight razors over modern cartridge razors, because traditional razors can remove hair with less irritation.

etc etc etc

Now, I just don't understand the fascination over this shit. You can argue that it is more comfortable but that is really pure preferences only. Like what I said here fags being serious, if someone can convince me that these shit are better than a modern laptop or even a gaming laptop. I have a $10 Amazon GC here that I use and I will reply the code to you or email it you as long as you can convince me.

if all u need is a comfy portable laptop that is not made to crap out due to heat or day to day usage a chinkpad is more than sufficient (especially in uni). currently own a x220 with m.2 and 16gb ram w/ 9 cell battery and it more than kicks butt with 8hrs battery life and no meme heatpipes to kill my back or crazy power draw to force me to live next to an outlet. (hur dur ma cpu faster than yours) is a valid point but considering that im not doing data modeling or lenier regression for my thesis on my laptop it does not hurt me in any way. (hur dur but ma gaymes) not valid as only man children bother to play games in uni, there are many a young women who need the D. finally as a student id rather spend 200-300 on a laptop not 1k because that cash is useful everywhere else.

it is not, especially when you have access to your gaming pc.

For me, I travel a lot with my GF and me being a gamer, I couldn't stand not playing CSGO. I bring my shit with me and play CSGO on my hotel room with ultra settings and about 60fps during my free time.

Anything that shitpad can do, so is my cheap android phone with OTG capability.

>it is not, especially when you have access to your gaming pc.

when you have no, I mean, sorry

GIVE IT BACK, JAMAL

FUCKING SHUT THE FUCKING HELL UP YOU FUCKING WOMAN.

I CAN'T GO BACK ANYWHERE IF I AM ALREADY HERE IN Sup Forums YOU GODDAMN ILLITERATE FAGGOT

for me, being a grown-ass adult who doesn't play video games, how many frames per second counterstrike runs at on my laptop isn't very important to me.

these old laptops sell for $150 or less on ebay and get the work done (programming, writing, spreadsheets, communication. you know, grownup stuff). there are laptops being sold brand new for that are slower than these thinkpads, man

Dude, it's a question of size here.

Also, props to the T400, I still got one with X9100 in it.

>f*cking
>/g

>for me, being a grown-ass adult who doesn't play video games, how many frames per second counterstrike runs at on my laptop isn't very important to me.

I see, this is all about budget eh.

>programming, writing, spreadsheets, communication. you know, grownup stuff

I do programming and photoshop and some video work too. Does these thing even have the horse power too for these tasks? Especially dealing with 3D textures.

If you really want a cheap laptop that you can do your simple tasks like:>(programming, writing, spreadsheets, communication. you know, grownup stuff)

then there is cheap 2 in 1 windows tablets like these than can do the job well. I have one of these two and I can run some heavy programs in it like photoshop and I've edited couple of videos.

forgot to add the link
>then there is cheap 2 in 1 windows tablets like these than can do the job well. I have one of these two and I can run some heavy programs in it like photoshop and I've edited couple of videos.:

amazon.com/RCA-Cambio-Detachable-Keyboard-Windows/dp/B01E0B7Y2G/

fucking 4channers still get bothered by reddit people when 4cuck has been the same as reddit for couple of years now?

Keyboard lights up. Only cost me $140. I only play older games. Don't like spyware. Don't like bloatware. Decent processor.

I apologize, but I am not the type to play CSGO, whatever is mainstream, etc. So, there you are.

>at this age, laptops are now sleeker and lighter and looks more appealing.

ThinkPads have a very simple and sleek look to them. A no-name laptop bought in 2002 has more structural integrity than an $800 Samsung laptop made today. Universally, the quality of products at the same price point keeps declining. Modern ThinkPads are also super shit.

cheapest i5 put into an x220 vs a (faster) contemporary to the atom in that tablet which likely got most of its sales at a display near the checkout at walgrrens: cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-2520M-vs-Intel-Atom-Z3745/m29vsm11834

uhh yeahh. i'm gonna stick with the dorky retarded shitpad, thanks

Trackpad poser thinkpad that can't run libreboot.

Jesus. Atoms truly are heaping piles of shit aren't they?

You look like a big hunk of shit desu lol!

Why does Sup Forums keep recommending obsolete hardware like the T420 or the X220?

A T440 is now pretty affordable, their hardware is more up to date, the keyboard is better, has better battery life and looks a LOT nicer than the 20 series.

can I have a link of a thinkpad with i5 in it?

literally every x/t/w-series thinkpad since 2010?

>T440
never mind i did a quick search and T440 have i5.

If you can give me a T440 that is $200, i will suck yo dick right now.

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-2520M-vs-Intel-Core-i5-4200U/m29vs2742

the base i5-2520m in the x220/t420 (commonly sell for $150) is actually faster than the base i5-4200u in the t440. pretty wild what some extra watts can do vs newfangled ulv chips huh

because we discovered Macbooks and fuck chink shit. They should stop recommending Lenovo stuff anyways since they bloat PCs with shitty malware on a BIOS level.

well that sucks I already invested on a i7 laptop. I think I would've gotten with this when I had a tight budget.

>screen is good

what anime is this? It looks familiar

>f*cking
>/g

fucking hang yourself pebbit nigger

I'm a CS uni student and as I do graphics for some courses (my undergrad thesis itself is a videogame with a web server, it's not only for manchildren shit), and also OpenCL calculations and lots of other stuff which requires some more power than a ChinkPad. And doing some games is not that bad when you spend the whole day at college and need a break. For roughly 400 $ you can get a (new) HP with an AMD A12 or A9 which performs a lot better than that shitty chink block, and also has a better design and not makes you look like a dork. A friend of mine got an x230 and now he had to find a refurbished Macbook Air since that dork block couldn't even decently run Maya which we use for our lab.

>don't like spyware
>buys Lenovo

windows?? fucking windows???? you just insulted a super piece of technology!!

>"af"
kill yourself

hahaha undergraduate thesis.(thinks undergrad thesis is serious business)
>decently run Maya which we use for our lab
if you are in a non shit school the lab provides the workbench. however given its undergraduate work id doubt ud get a workstation also, but the scale you are working with rarely requires anything much more powerful than an atom.