Can anyone reccomend an easy method to create a powerful wifi antenna? I've had success cracking WPA 2 and wep networks...

Can anyone reccomend an easy method to create a powerful wifi antenna? I've had success cracking WPA 2 and wep networks, and I'm sick of paying NBC (comcast), so I'd rather steal Internet from someone.

Thank you for your time.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Alfa-AWUSO36NH-Wireless-Long-Rang-Network/dp/B0035APGP6/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1480757786&sr=1-1&keywords=alfa awus036nh
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You realize what you're doing is a felony, right?

pringles can + wire

Stop tyrone.

Give the bandwidth back, Tyrone.

amazon.com/Alfa-AWUSO36NH-Wireless-Long-Rang-Network/dp/B0035APGP6/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1480757786&sr=1-1&keywords=alfa awus036nh

cantennas

Wok-fi

>paying the cable jew

>guess someones password
>felony
>have random 0's and 1's in a hard drive
>felony
>have random colored pixels on a screen
>felony
when will this shitshow end?

Yes I do, fuck isp though, we should all be using mesh nets

I have this wifi adapter, it is good, but I need better.

My name is not tyrone.

I was looking into these, wonder if anyone here has used them.

I never said that but what you're doing can get you in really deep shit.

If you want to pay less then just tether your phone to your pc (ie pdanet). If you don't have an unlimited high speed data plan then consider getting one from boost, metropcs, ect.

>I was looking into these, wonder if anyone here has used them.

I've made one and used it for wifi cracking (wep and wpa though, this was years ago)

they work very well but are directional

they are also cheap and if you have basic tools they only take a couple minutes to make

Yes it is bullshit, but it keeps the power that be earning money, can't have people fiddling with tech now can we?

It can but what's the likely hood of Joe bob, realizing I'm on his network with a spoofed mac address. I also use the alfa adapter posted ealier, and boost it's power above fcc regulation, fuck it.

I may try one of these, do you know any designs that are less directional?

>It can but what's the likely hood of Joe bob, realizing I'm on his network with a spoofed mac address. I also use the alfa adapter posted ealier, and boost it's power above fcc regulation, fuck it.
Alright man, don't say we didn't warn you. Also how much did you boost the transmission power by? That restriction was set in place to protect your health, non-ionizing radiation can still be harmful.

>why did the police arrest me for owning drugs?
>it was just random combinations of chemical substances!

>get arrested for rape
>it was actually free displacement of matter

kek, I like where this is going

Fair enough, I raised it to double it's factory settings, honestly didn't see much of a performance change, runs a bit warmer. That does beg the question though, how would anyone locate some. They don't know on their network? Also I'm assuming the people I connected to have no idea, considering their wireless pass code has not changed in the last year.

Busting into someone's home for recreational using drugs is despicable and aggregious. How dare the government tell me what I can put in my body.

As long as you don't torrent 24/7 at full speed then I guess they'll probably never find out. Most of the time it's that kind of person that gets caught.

I'd still rather play it safe and just pdanet my phone but that's just me I guess.

Can confirm.
I used one for when I was on holiday, worked really well but directional.

The area I went to had poor cell tower reception.
I used a wireless dongle instead of phone, so I slapped it in a pringles tub, started aiming it around with a signal detector until I got a good sharp rise in connection, done.
First time I did that, it was a fucking weird position. But luckily I found a really good position at a music cabinet near the window so made a little coat hanger frame to hold it.

Less directional?
Could try a bowl-foil dish.
Just get some kitchen foil, put a few layers of it neatly over a wide soup bowl.
Lower layers don't matter much, flat enough, but try to get the top layer flattest to improve the focus.
Using a card backing, you can even extend the size of the dish because it has more support, upping the range quite a bit.
But doing that can be risky since you are essentially putting more power through the antenna. Some of these things aren't rated for that and CAN break easily. (I broke one doing that on said holiday... woops)

Can you elaborate on pdanet?

Basically it's an app that is like 99% guaranteed to turn your phone into modem for your computer. You basically turn it on (usb mode), connect your phone to your pc, and get internet.

It even lets you hide tether usage.

>displaced a few grams of organic compounds with Pb82
>jailed for life

phone wifi hotspot

this too but most of the time it doesn't work

>success cracking WPA 2
How do you manage to get a reasonable success rate? I was under the impression that most wifi hardware ships with decently secure default passwords.

I thought cracking wifi was a thing of the past or something you did with extra hardware you had laying around your workshop. But based on the responses ITT, looks like people are still doing it. Are people using shit passwords?

By and large, humans just use shit passwords, that are in most online dictionary files you can find. Also, for example you can find dictionary online for attacking specific manufacturers, such as netgear, which targets their default lists. Any newer router from Comcast or att are basically uncrackable currently, until the user changes their password to something amazingly simple.