Post old but comfy hardware

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZDxLa6P6exc
lowendmac.com/2007/apples-aaui-ethernet-connector/
youtube.com/watch?v=JpSfgusep7s
minutemanmissile.com/missileguidancesystem.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FM Towns

Anyone have the picture of the computer with a desk full of books and nick-knacks? I think there's a toy dinosaur on it or something. That picture is full comfy.

Back in the day I wanted a pink computer. I had a pink tank, but it wasn't fluffy. I wanted to make my pc, which looked like yours to be fluffy pink. Never bought the fabric tho.

It's not pink, it's just pink-lit.

Muh 380ed

here's your a e s t h e t i c s you ordered, sir

Is late 90's considered comfy?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZDxLa6P6exc

yeah but edgy > curvy

Big fan of these threads

Looks comfy as hell

Honestly comfy PC's are my new favourite subject to browse

I miss Sun...

Now that's comfy.

Would use as only computer no matter what it took to do so.

I want that wallpaper

this is the kind of environment comp sci grad students get to work in at my uni

>tfw maximum jelly undergrad

That guy sure has a lot of lisp machines.
Yes, I'm totally jelly.

>tfw not living in the SPARC timeline

Why the ability to daisy chain your keyboard and mouse has gone out of style will always puzzle me.

I don't think it was common on PCs anyway since keyboard/mouse connected to seperate places on the mainboard, and by the time USB rolled around everyone was so used to it, with mouse cables being fucking long ass hell anyway.

ADB daisy chaining was rad though.

Junkheap setups like that were pretty amazing back in the day.

>MUH

Is that a keyhole or just a rotary switch on the right side?

I don't have a network card for this so it's not too comfy...

How much do you think it'd cost now to buy old computers? Is it expensive cause its retro or cheap cause its old?

Don't know, I think the handle can be removed when in the bottom position to lock the computer.

Transparent cases are also my fetish

hah I have that same sparcstation, although my monitor is a smaller. Super comfy computer, the only con is its keyboard (cheap membrane)

Probably expensive in the mainstream online channels, cheap in garage sales, free if you ask someone who's planning to throw some old parts in the trash.

Far too expensive for what they are.

it is a key... I don't have the link but the owner posted a detailed video of it a while ago

I found scsi cd caddy & tape drives for that system (and a couple of mice)

Too bad I couldn't find the actual unit

>tfw cases like these are impossible to find these days

Where the fuck did you get a PPC mac without a NIC? Even my Performa 6320 has one and that's considered a Road Apple.

Depends where you get them. eBay is well overpriced, but if you know the right people, they'll throw some bits your way. Managed to get quite a bit of hardware for free over the years, including an Amiga 4000.

free - friends / relatives
$ - flea market / garage sales
$$ - thrift stores
$$$- craigslist
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ - ebay

I still use those speakers

>tfw nothing will stop the erosion of comfy

Huh, I did some research and apparently I didn't know what the ethernet adapter was. It's some proprietary format. I'm buying an adapter for it right now.

Ah, is it the kind of flat connector? Kind of annoying. I think one of mine has that too, but I haven't bothered to look for an adapter yet.

At least DHCP worked out of the box for me on MacOS 7.6, so getting it connected to the network should be trivial.

It's this thing: lowendmac.com/2007/apples-aaui-ethernet-connector/

Fortunately I've found one seller in my country who has it, and relatively cheap (definitely not "collector" price). I didn't expect to find it at all.

It's amazing to think that any manufacturer would make cases strong enough to hold the weight of a massive CRT

Smaller CRTs weren't as heavy as you might remember.

Yeah, don't drop a 19" PVM on one, but a fairly avarage 14" CRT won't really hurt much.

No glasses app? Absolutely unusable.

Absolutely disgusting.

>scrolls down

>no Amigas

Tasteless Amerifats.

I just can't take a decent picture of mine because there is still a tape machine in the way among other things.

Nice nail varnish and A4000

make it stop

Never. Soon there wont even be a desk at all.

I had one of these. Put out a stupid amount of bass and pissed off my neighbors constantly.

The original LC was hobbled. But with the 12" monitor, System 6.0.8, and extensions to allow use of the Stylewriter, was a snappy, cozy machine.

My dad had one like this, thing was an absolute piece of shit.

I don't understand why people use images with so much resolution for shitty things

>2010 was 7 years ago

yeah like the latest photo taken of you

They took 'tower' too literally
I didn't know they could stack shit that high

Owned it, this shit was delicious
I gave it to a girl who let me nut in her though

youtube.com/watch?v=JpSfgusep7s

C O M F Y

>The release of the xbox 360 is closer to the release of the N64 than we are to the 360

>The release of the SNES is closer to the moon landing than we are to the SNES

>There are likely kids browsing Sup Forums right now who are younger than the xbox 360

What am I looking at?

>mfw 1995 when I owned this.
ewww.
it felt cheap even for a 3000$ NZD machine.

Google image search says it's a missile guidance system.

minutemanmissile.com/missileguidancesystem.html

dragon dildo

Thinking about installing GNU/Linux or BSD on one of my G4s. Cant decide between the dual 450 tower or my 550 TiBook though.

Its nice but you cant really use the other USB port for anything because its low power (and USB 1.1, but i think mine is 2.0 because its newer.) Only one of my usb drives work with mine.

Based

This isn't what I signed up for...

Also, have an actual photo from back when i cleaned my desk.

Fuckin' poser.