Why pcfags literally need to die

Why pcfags literally need to die

- Macs give you the ability to run OS X and Windows both (legally).

- Macs work great with other Apple components such as the iPhone, iPod Classic, iPod Nano, iPod Touch, iPod Shuffle, etc...

- Macs are very simple to use.

- Macs are less prown to computer viruses, although they can get viruses.

- Purchasing a Mac gives you Apple Store support.

- Apple uses quality parts to manufacture Macs.

- Macs are trendsetting, designed well, and visually appealing.

- Macs come with better software, out of the box (iLife).

- Macs give you out of the box access to the iTunes Store, if you are an iPod or iPhone user.

- Out of the box, Macs are not loaded with trials and additional software.

- Apple has top of the line phone support.

- Obama uses Apple products

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.en.html#PC
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Macs are PCs, dolt. And a Mac doesn't GIVE you the ability to run Windows legally, it just gives you another option of hardware platform to run Windows on if you already have the ability to run Windows legally.

Nice reddit spacing, macfag.
>PC
gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.en.html#PC

This is bait of exceptionally poor quality. This wouldn't even start a flamewar on 90's usenet.

Imagine a giant penis flying towards your mouth, and there's nothing you can do about it. And you're like "Oh man, I'm gonna have to suck this thing", and you brace yourself to suck this giant penis. But then, at the last moment, it changes trajectory and hits you in the eye. You think to yourself "Well, at least I got that out of the way", but then the giant penis rears back and stabs your eye again, and again, and again. Eventually, this giant penis is penetrating your gray matter, and you begin to lose control of your motor skills. That's when the giant penis slaps you across the cheek, causing you to fall out of your chair. Unable to move and at your most vulnerable, the giant penis finally lodges itself in your anus, where it rests uncomfortably for 4, maybe 5 hours. That's what using a mac is like.

>Apple uses quality parts to manufacture Macs
oh i am laffin

>Obama

Nice 2008-2016 bait friend

replace Obama with Trump and be honest
Macs don't get viruses

All the good popular software is only on Windows.

>It's OK to use the abbreviation “PC” to refer to a certain kind of computer hardware, but please don't use it with the implication that the computer is running Microsoft Windows. If you install GNU/Linux on the same computer, it is still a PC.

>The term “WC” has been suggested for a computer running Windows.

Was this written by a twelve-year old?
The term PC was always used to describe IBM PC-compatible (at least in theory), which Macs weren't because they used to use different architecture. It had nothing to do with free software or Linux in the first place. It's just that Windows had 99.5% of the PC marketshare at the time.

>t. mactoddler

poor quality bait itt

Mactoddlers WILL defend this.

gr8 b8 i r8 8/8 m8

You seem to have missed the joke.

>- Macs give you the ability to run OS X and Windows both (legally).

So does Windows...Legally.....

>- Macs work great with other Apple components such as the iPhone, iPod Classic, iPod Nano, iPod Touch, iPod Shuffle, etc...

So does Windows, all you need to do is download the piece of shit iTunes. Plus windows works better with all other types of music players and phones.

>- Macs are very simple to use.
So is Windows unless you're a complete fucking retard. It might be becuase I've used it since 95 but Windows's explorer is a lot more intuitive and practical than Mac's piece of shit finder

>- Macs are less prown to computer viruses, although they can get viruses.

I haven't had a virus on my Windows OS since like fucking Windows 2000. And I download risky shit sometimes. It's called anti virus and windows defender you mentally challenged ape.

>- Purchasing a Mac gives you Apple Store support.
HAHAHAHAHA
>- Apple uses quality parts to manufacture Macs.
Lmao I mean sure...At double the cost of an equivalent PC part

>- Macs are trendsetting, designed well, and visually appealing.
Can't disagree with this really, they are visually appealing.

>- Macs come with better software, out of the box (iLife).
Im sorry no. Mac's come with slowz, bloated, shit software, wtf is iLife anyways? Every Mac user I know downloads the Microsoft office suite, it's pathetic.

>- Macs give you out of the box access to the iTunes Store, if you are an iPod or iPhone user.

iTunes is awful and you can download it easy in Windows.

>- Out of the box, Macs are not loaded with trials and additional software.
True

>- Apple has top of the line phone support.
Wouldn't know, PC users fix their own PCs and don't require retarded Apple hipsters to charge them $300 to install ram.

>- Obama uses Apple products
Exactly why you shouldn't.

Can't believe I actually took the to refute this autism.

>Macs give you the ability to run OS X and Windows both (legally)

Why the fuck would I need to run OS X, like ever?

Come back when they let me pick my own hardware (for a fair price).

You should have saged if you were going to put so much effort into destroying the OP.

But really- Linux is Winux. Microsoft's been trying to copy mac for years and pissing everyone off:

When Vista came out, it was a complete pile of yellow, greasy diarrhea with a Mac-like shiny new interface. Look mom, I can make the windows cycle in 3D!

Then 7 comes out and tries to correct the mistakes of Vista. Everyone seems to find it okay. This immediately triggers Bill Gates because his "innovation" keeps getting rejected in favor of going back to basics. He punishes us with Windows 8.

Fast forward to now. We get Windows 8+2, this time with more spyware, bloatware, and a godawful fucking app store and touchscreen oriented UI.

Just go with Arch Linux and craft an OS that does what you personally need it to do. No more, no less.

I do want to install Linux someday. But I enjoy gaming and I have no issues with Windows 10.

Most of you autists boast about Linux just to grow your epenis.

The first part of your comment is perfectly respectable but adding that second part gives me a lot the impression that you have an strong self induced inferiority complex towards linux users for no good reason.

>When Vista came out, it was a complete pile of yellow, greasy diarrhea
For people that tried it with W98-era hardware that had no support the day after release.
>Look mom, I can make the windows cycle in 3D!
That's so funny, considering that every fucking distro at the time was trying to copy it and failed miserably.
>Then 7 comes out and tries to correct the mistakes of Vista. Everyone seems to find it okay.
XP idiots were shitting on it until MS finally killed it. Now they are shitting on 10 while being on 7, at least until 2020 when they will jump ship to 10 and shit on 12 or whatever.
>We get Windows 8+2, this time with more spyware, bloatware
It's nice to see that with all that spyware and bloatware, software performs much better than on supposedly bloatware-free W7.
>touchscreen oriented UI
If my choice is touch-screen oriented UI or no UI, I'm going with touch-screen one, thanks. It also kinda works with my touch-screen on my notebook.
>Just go with Arch Linux and craft an OS that does what you personally need it to do. No more, no less.
I don't have three months to configure my OS to do basic stuff.

Facebook boy don't need PC

>Why pcfags literally need to die
>legally
Stopped reading

>The power switch is under the hood

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>Customizable, self repairable and cost efficient

Vs.

>Proprietary, difficult to self repair and expensive

Take your pick.

Well, Windowsfags can say what they want (they probably stick with Ms because they're pajeets trying to get a job) but it's hard to find a better laptop than a Macbook. Macbook Pro + self-built gaming desktop ftw.

>Why pcfags literally need to die
Agree.
>- Macs work great with other Apple components such as the iPhone, iPod Classic, iPod Nano, iPod Touch, iPod Shuffle, etc...
As do PCs.
>- Macs are very simple to use.
Agree.
>- Macs are less prown to computer viruses, although they can get viruses.
Agree. Mainly a result of market share and targeting.
>- Purchasing a Mac gives you Apple Store support.
Agreed. They have some of the best support out there.
>- Apple uses quality parts to manufacture Macs.
Somewhat agree. They're not perfect.
>- Macs are trendsetting, designed well, and visually appealing.
Somewhat agree. Some design choices are absolutely stupid though. Example: Magic mouse charging port location.
>- Macs come with better software, out of the box (iLife).
Disagree. While the added software is a great benefit, it is very feature lacking and basic. Most professionals install Adobe Suite/Ableton instead
>- Macs give you out of the box access to the iTunes Store, if you are an iPod or iPhone user.
Okay? Is it really that hard to install iTunes and login on a PC?
>- Out of the box, Macs are not loaded with trials and additional software.
Now this I love. However, it's not too hard to remove most bloatware these days on a PC.
>- Apple has top of the line phone support.
See above about support.
>- Obama uses Apple products
Oh, this post is bait. Guess I wasted my time.

I agree about Arch, which sucks, but just use Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora in that case. Anyway it's silly to compare Windows, OS X and Linux, a real pro knows that he needs them all to properly create and test software, only middle school kids like to fag on one or the other.
>We get Windows 8+2, this time with more spyware, bloatware
>It's nice to see that with all that spyware and bloatware, software performs much better than on supposedly bloatware-free W7.
Sorry but no. Every benchmark shows how Windows 7 is faster than 10, and 8.1 is still faster, the bloat they gave with this one is a total disaster.

>$1500-3000 for a fucking laptop
>Can buy just as powerful PC laptop for $500-$1000 cheaper

Kek macfags in denial. If you have money to throw away, go ahead.

It's called macOS, not OS X.
It's called GNU/Linux, not Linux.

What if one earns a lot of money and can just choose what's better without caring for the price? And you're in denial since a MacBook is a lot lighter, more solidly built (heck a friend of mine dropped a macbook air from a third floor stairs and it's screen still works perfectly even though the metal case got a bit damaged) than the 500 $ cheaper laptop, and it offers you native support for a better optimized OS like OS X which runs in circles around anything on the same hardware. Your Windows 10 700 $ HP laptop will never have a software that's optimized for it's specs like OS X is for Apple's computers.

So why shouldn't one pay the extra dough and have the thing he likes more (because it offers more) if he can afford it?

Oh man....haven't seen this one in ages

10/10

Most of these aren't valid reasons. And it's a shame, because there are plenty of valid reasons to use a Mac over computer that runs Windows.

For me, MacOS and OS X are light years ahead of Windows in terms of program implementation, interface design, ease of use, and customization. Windows can't even compete if you're just comparing the operating systems.

>Ubuntu/Debian
>apt

get the fuck out of here lol

tip Fedora and fuck off you neckbeard

It's not particularly that I think Arch is superior, it's just that I can't throw away everything I have created.

Okay the equivalent of your argument is a person with a "PC" has a custom built, 500+hp beast of a vehicle, that they know how to use and fixing won't cost a fortune. The Mac car would have a nice looking 4 cylinder with 150hp and you have to pay out your ass just to get the oil changed. All so you can have a badge, and a fancy steering wheel.

that volvo looks comfy as fuck my dude.

Most laptop processors have low clocks. The important part is the IPC. Newer processors are actually slower than their older counterparts, but can do so much more in each clock cycle, and with better thermals too. This is a Skylake processor, which means it has the second highest IPC of any processor generation on the market. This is actually a really good deal, and you should feel sorry for yourself that you can't afford such a monster of a machine.

>windows 12

windows 10 is the last windows version ever, microsoft is going to support it forever. microsoft has perfected the windows, and there is no bugs left.