Why do people still buy iPhones?

Why do people still buy iPhones?

Other urls found in this thread:

alexrad.me/discourse/a-264-attack-on-telegram-and-why-a-super-villain-doesnt-need-it-to-read-your-telegram-chats.html)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they're sexy af

>easy to use
>applel support is godly
>applel ecosystem is godly as well
Do you need more reasons?

Most people are fucking retarded and buy a phone based on looks/brand

i'm an engineer and i have an iphone se. whats the problem?

My next phone will be an iPhone for sure. My also phone was an S5 --garbage that would reboot when tapped/I got a phone call.

Have a 5x now and it's ok.. it overheats sometimes. Sometimes the mic doesn't work. Sometimes it decides to lag.

Too old for this shit.

Why not? They're the best, the most popular smartphones in the western world.

>people are fucking retarded and buy a phone based on looks

Like all the people going for the S8.

man I gotta ask. what phone do you use?

can someone help me understand why you wouldn't want an iPhone? unlike other apple products, the 'overpriced/underpowered' argument falls flat. iPhone is over powered (best mobile hardware) and similarly priced to flagship androids (iPhones also come with a budget model too).

so the criticism against the hardware/price falls flat. the only other criticism could be software. now considering the alternative is lagdroid, a botnet OS made by an advertising company, iOS wins by default correct?

ergo, iPhones are the best phones you can buy.

Stupid ibabby the S8 has the best specs and best features of any phone on the market right now.

You go play with your shitty 750p LCD screen.

OnePlus 3/3T is the best Android phone right now, and can easily give the iPhone a run for its money

But they don't

Marketing

A lot of then do it because they dont want to re-buy apps on another platform. People don't like to relearn things too, once they're comfy it has to get pretty shit for them to leave

take out india and apple's share is much higher

yet combined sales of google play store is 1/2 of iOS. BWAHAHAH

OMFS* HOW CAN PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT NEEDS OR TASTES THAN I, THE SPERG LORD OF ATLANTIS, HAVE?

REEEEEEEEEE

FUCKING NORMIES

*OMFS MEANS OH MY FUCKING SAGAN, I DON'T USED OMFG BECAUSE GOD, CLEARLY, DOESN'T EXIST. IF HE DID WHY WOULD HE PUNISH ME? MOOOOM WHERE ARE MY TENDIES?

>sales
>paying for a binary string
iOS users, everyone.

paying for stuff must seem like an unusual concept for a disgusting 3rd world poojeet

They're either normies or third worlders.

Being a submissive cuck also seems normal for the average toiOS user.

tits or gtfo

I have no idea what the fuck you're trying to show there. are you even comprehending this conversation poojeet?

i would buy an iphone se right now if they cost $300

Is today the "let's hate on Apple day"? All phones are cancer, no matter whether they're iPhones or Android phones, so just let anyone choose what they like.

That said a friend of mine doesn't really care but chose the iPhone SE because it's the last decent phone to not have a giant screen. Heck I've got big hands but I myself find my OnePlus 3T quite uncomfortable to use, so I can understand.

OnePlus 3T

>best specs and best features of any phone on the market right now.
Still slower than iPh7+ kek

The iOS pie is just one company. That 72% majority is shared by a million different companies most of which are from Chyna or Korea.

They're so shit.

Good phone. Vastly better than any iPhone.

No way in hell it's better than iPhone 7 Plus.

>shitty camera compared to iPhone 7 Plus
>no water resistant
>doesn't performan better than iPhone 7 Plus

Because it works? That said...I still have my original iPhone 6. Haven't seen a newer one yet I want. I definitely am curious what the 8 may offer but if it's me I may flip back to android.

He meant to type it's the most autistic, neckbeard phone.

iPhone 7 's optimized OS make it the fastest phone on Earth despite having only 3 GBs of RAM. Deal with it.

Funny how only 3 guys in my CS uni have the OnePlus stuff.
One is a neckbeard, one is a retard who never follows the lessons because he's busy to tweak around with his PC never doing anything really productive and he did almost no exams for this reason, and the last one has 30 years and still hasn't got the undergrad.

so they're all autistic neckbeard manbabys

can still be beat by a sub $480 O+3T

That isn't how it works. If both phones ran the same thing it'd come out slower. You can install something like Ubuntu mobile or Firefox OS on droid which is highly lightweight and it'd thrash an iPhone OS with lower specs. It is irrelevant.

>beat
in what exactly? In being more autistic?
It is how it works since you mostly (if not exclusively) use a phone with it's native OS. Why should I want to install Ubuntu mobile or other crap if I can have superior iOS masterrace which makes the iPhone unbeatable? You must be trolling.

Only exclusivly if you've no other choice. There's a reason companies that advertised as open platforms to bootloader unlocking gained so much popularity (OnePlus).

>people

>can still be beat by a sub $480 O+3T
Do your research again, Suresh

2 rupees have been deposited at your designated shitting street iPajeet.

lol the disappearing UI on youtube isn't even a performance matter. And it's clear that it's a biased comparison made with open apps in background on the iPhone, I could make even a Galaxy S2 faster than an S8 with this methods.

Try again.

>t. iToddler

>pajeet delusions

Oh no. One out of the 5 examples (one that was actually a draw too) didn't conform to what you think is right. What about the other tests it won in? What about the greater specs for a lesser price? Etc...

>at
This is why you failed English in high school, son of a cuntjeet.

Because it works and doesn't start lagging because Samsung decided to bloat Android even more with more Grace UX bullshit. Or because the lazy fucks at Snapdragon decided to drop updates so now I'm stuck with an outdated phone after two years. Or the fact that you get new OS updates several months after they release.

Why get Samsung then? There's many alternatives that are greater than both Samsung and apple.

poor blackberry.... 'memba when they had like 70%? They got way too complacent. Too late to switch over to android aswell, so i guess they're dead in the water. Priv would have been nice if it atleast had a SD810.

It's the most common alternate to an iPhone to normies. Personally I'll buy the next Pixel to replace my Nexus 6.

Normie's are moronic when it comes to tech, why would you follow that herd?

I'm not I'm just trying to show the mindset of the average consumer who doesn't give two shits about their phone's openness, CPU, or display resolution as long as they can get their shitty Facebook memes without lagging.

Android OS is not good
It can be fun to play with and tinker, but it isn't reliable or stable for communications
Also, iMessage & Facetime audio blow the fuck out of traditional SMS & landline in quality & speed

So people that don't understand phones buy iPhones. Yup

Who the fuck uses SMS and landline? Get telegram ffs

you

literally nobody uses sms and landline except old people

>telegram

You're not in north america, are you? In Canada and the States, SMS is still the primary communication over phones. It works for everyone, regardless of phone OS, age, etc...

Making phone calls though... yeah, I guess thats more a Sup Forums thing where people who are NEETS dont have to actually call their work...

Yea?

Apple internet defense force is east-asian (I guess japanese?) smart people.
Android's is pajeets.

Call work? You mean they email you... Right?

The same reason people buy phones without future proofing features: they're retarded

>sms
>not snapchat or messenger
And you're calling me the NEET out of touch with normal society?

>phone calls
Made on a smartphone. Landlines aren't even in most American phones.

no... see when you grow up, you cant just ignore the request from your superior for a business day.

If its a shift change at mcdonalds, that might fly. If you work in an office with deadlines and have specialized skills, the rest of the workers cant just sideline the project cause you're too awkward to make a fucking phone call and speak directly to them.

>the S8 has the best specs and best features of any phone on the market right now.

It runs Android, this renders anything it has utterly useless. Respectable devices ship with their own custom OS.

I work in an office... Mostly doing Php module work with a team. Try again.

Again, in NORTH AMERICA that isnt really a thing. I fully acknowledge its backwards, but its kind of a non-issue since by virtue of owning a phone, you have SMS. Not everyone's phone has a data plan, which is required to use whatsup.(there is that $20 sim thing, but then you need a dual-sim phone. Another thing that isnt common in north america)

>Landlines aren't even in most American phones.
wut

Drop that shit, seriously. I too used to think it was good but it has nothing except shitty cancer meme stickers and bots which 12 years old use. It's cryptography is the worst (read here for more info: alexrad.me/discourse/a-264-attack-on-telegram-and-why-a-super-villain-doesnt-need-it-to-read-your-telegram-chats.html) and by default it's the only one that both doesn't encrypt anything and keeps all of the chats on their servers. Use WhatsApp/iMessage to contact everyone and Signal for the serious stuff.

No, on my workplace they call me, because sending an e-mail wouldn't be annoying enough in the 2 hours a day that I don't spend at my office.

It ships it's own ROM. Though anyone with half a brain will ditch it for a custom one. As normie phone makers don't make good OSs

Ok. in an office that isnt staffed by a bunch of granola coders... Bureaucrats, financial, law, etc...

Just cause you're in a lazy relaxed environment where people can wait the next day for a request for a change in something, does not mean everyone else does.

I love in NORTH AMERICA.

I don't know who you're associating with, but here in the USA in non-niggerville we don't text each other like it's 2006. Any girl I talk to to will be over social media. Any guy I talk to will be over social media. The only fucking person I text regularly with SMS is my mom.

>phones = homes

And do you think neckbeard ROMs made by pajeets after the daily poo can compete with a dedicated OS made by a great society? C'mon, sometimes those custom ROMs don't even let basic functions like phone calls or bluetooth work, and even when they manage to be better than the Samsung Stock ones they still suck compared to iOS's power and reliability.

Read it. It's all in theory. The MTproto had not been broken so until it is i don't care. Of course republic chats channels groups etc don't encrypt anything. Only secret chats and calls. Everything that is stored in their servers is jarballed gibberish. Signal uses a nice encryption method yes but it's not a rounded platform. Imessage is too limmited and WhatsApp is getting worse as they upgrade. Not to mention none have opensource clients or good APIs

This. Heck at my office they're constantly contacting everyone for stuff they need asap. Email isn't fast enough for that.

Have you ever owned a samsung? Putting a custom rom on them is kinda a pain in the ass. Getting root and unlocking the bootloader is beyond most people.. which is all the worse since touchwiz is probably the worst overlay for android in the history of 3rd party overlays.

I dont deny its the most powerful android device.. Its just a shame its put out by a company that has to make a point to copy everything google does then puts their version of the copycat right next to the google sanctioned one... Lot of overlap with the apps, and they're all fighting for the default setting.

Do you now have a fucking job? Holy shit, not everyone wants to link their social media to their boss. And people who arnt over-sharing retards probably ditched social media years ago. I was over that phase in my life when friendster stopped being cool...

Still the best UX on the market.

You need to sacrifice some convenience to have some safe software sometimes. And the Signal desktop client is in development. Furthermore, do you think if someone has broken the MTProto will they announce it and take Telegram's shitty price (which isn't really for breaking the security but for something more, so one could have enough power to do damage without being able to win it), or use it to steal info and make some serious damage?

Seriously, stop using that botnet shit guys. Can't understand how it became so mainstream. Well I can: retarded people care more about placebo security and cancer bots and stickers than actual reliability.

Why the hell do you text co-workers (who aren't your friends) or your boss you fucking weirdo?

The again. Development department for an outlet store

I have. My current tablet is a Samsung and my old (old) phone was too. It is a pain. That's why i now but OnePlus.

If it was breakable yes it would be announced. As many encryption methods have been broken before and that's exactly what happened. I don't use it for security. It's faster than WhatsApp the API is great etc... Fits all my needs.

OnePlus has no security compared to Samsung's build though. One may not like touchwiz but their roms are the safest

So? I'm not suggesting you use OxygenOS

What the fuck is that picture.

>iOS users are twice as likely to make a six-figure salary
>iOS users are 18% more likely to work out every day

Please let this dogshit be bait.

Performance-wise, they usually beat any Android phone on the market with margin to spare. Especially CPU-wise, slightly less GPU-wise. It seems that's what happens when you hire Jim Keller for a while.

Not him, but the point is probably the "Allow installation of apps from unknown sources".

... are you choosing to be the difficult, or are you honestly stupid? Phone/text... and yeah, i would text my coworkers in some situations.

How the fuck would you talk to your coworker if you DONT have facebook, he isnt on a phone that you know has a data connection, and you dont want to use something teenagers use to sext with? Honestly, have some of you NEVER had a fucking job? I know Whatsapp is a thing in most of the world, but it isnt really used in Canada or America. Everyone with a phone number on a cell plan, no matter how basic, has SMS and voice.

I don't need to text co-workers.. ever. What do you do for a living?

N V M e

it has been dumbed down enough to be used even by the densest people.

You're really dumb. My company actually.now texts using Snapchat, since it can be available on a number of devices and Snapchat I easy to use.

Bonus is that I've been getting a lot to points now.

My balls smells like fermented cheese.

because I had an iPhone before

You

there esay to use, especially for non tech savy people and the ecosystem is great