So this is the power of lossless streaming

So this is the power of lossless streaming...

Other urls found in this thread:

people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They didn't even try to make it look different than spotify? (Not saying spotify is unique)

>paying a middleman for music

Shit thread, saged

Here is Spotify for comparison.

>2017
>paying for music
saged

What's wrong with paying for music you like?

Pay the artists directly then.

>2017
>not using Apple Music and getting literally any song you want

Apple Music streams 256kbps CBR AAC.

Tidal HiFi streams FLAC.

>Sacrificing your first born for Verizon unlimited data
And don't pretend that there's anybody who will give you more reliable service

Does it have the library spotify does?

46 million songs, including exclusives.

spotify is just good enough for me

I bought a family account and gave my dad, my brother, my sister and a girl into who's pants I'd wanted to get one. And know what? It just worked, she's my gf now :) My dad and bro and sis pay me 2 bucks a month so it all evens out

I like google play because it uploaded recording i had of old vinyl, and rips of old cd's i had of albums that are not on any streaming services. It kept all the metadata intact too.

>23 a month unlimited 4G

Sorry amerifats

>pay for millions of music in a handy program you can even use on your phone
>use that money to buy 1 (one) album of a single artist

Just buy T-shirts and use Bandcamp you cheap shill.

Flac is placebo.

>It's true enough that a properly encoded Ogg file (or MP3, or AAC file) will be indistinguishable from the original at a moderate bitrate.
people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

It's great for storage, cause you can reencode shit with ease.

But for streaming it's indeed bullshit.

what.cd had dare I say millions of songs apple music will never see

Animu music?

On the mobile app, it has two streaming quality settings for WiFi and cellular. By default it's set to lossless for WiFi and lossy for cellular. You can also download lossless tracks over WiFi before leaving.

Stop right there criminal scum! Announcing sage is against the rules!

Hate to burst your Nippon-centric bubble but there's an entire world out there making music and have been recording it for decades.

I was interesting in Tidal but it won't let you make an account without giving them my credit card info, I'm not committing £20/m (double Spotify) to a service I can't test/try out before I buy.

Tidal's reluctance to lock me into a contract without letting me try their service causes enough suspicion for me not to bother. You can't even try the regular plans without giving them your credit card info, utterly ridiculous.

But the bubble!