Can women develop software?

Serious question. Of women I've worked with, some were capable, some were completely incompetent, but none were what I would consider good, or my equal. I've worked with several men I'd consider better developers than myself. I pair all day, every day, so the skill differences are extremely salient.

If I'm to be more precise, I find that the women I've worked with whom I've considered competent often were very short-sighted with their solution design and wanted to hack things together instead of considering the bigger picture and long-term ramifications of their design decisions.

Anyone else have experiences with this topic?

I got my dick sucked in a parking lot last night just because I told her to. If you have nothing of value to contribute, fuck off, pleb.

Gender isn't relevant to a technology board, you aren't contributing anything either.

I have a couple in class that are okay. Not great but pretty good compared to the pajeets that much up the class. I could probably agree with the short-sightedness but need more experience to properly determine that. They are a small minority so haven't been stuck with one yet.
Fuck off you cuck, damn straight it's relevant in this topic

I am asking for experiences from fellow software professionals on the topic of women in software, king cuck. Stop your white knight, nu male, beta bullshit.

Don't ever fucking reply to me ever again unless you are contributing to the thead. Got it?

Do you have any reply but buzzwords?

Now I think I'll stick around and shitpost to defend women's honor.

t. beta males who can't even talk to a women

Nice projection.

After three years in the workforce and two different employers (one internship) I have never been on the same project as a female engineer.
So no, OP, I have *zero* experience with this topic and I have nothing to contribute to your thread.

Thanks for sharing your experience, friend. I'm not even going to start to broach the subject of Indians, but I wish you luck in your future! Word of advice: try to stick with mostly white male teams when choosing jobs. Guessing you already knew that though.

You lucky bastard.

What's in a name? That which we call a cuck
By any other name would watch his woman stuffed;

>lol i totally got called out for being a white knight beta male but it's okay because i'll just say hes projecting lol
Pathetic

Coding involves patience, logic, problem-solving, resourcefulness, self-sufficiency and but it's most repellent quality to women is the social isolating nature of nature. From a biological standpoint, these are all things men can excel at and thrive in because of biology not nurture. If this were something like psychology or nursing, women would obviously have the advantage because they get to exercise their natural inclinations and leanings - like language, sociability and emotion.

I female programmer is like a cleric trying to be a warrior, everything involved with melee is a debuff to it. Of course their are exceptions to the rules, but a select few don't refute a pattern. So argue the exceptions all you want, the fact is they're irrelevant when we look at the whole but then again that is something women fail also fail at doing often. It's so annoying when they argue with anecdotes when I'm obviously speaking in generalities.

I've worked closely with 3 over 3 years in industry. the first was well below average but easy on the eyes - if you knew the hiring manager it'd be obvious. the other 2 where on par with some of the more senior devs i've worked with. All of the principle or 'sage' devs i've met or heard of have been male.

I've only met a few that were decent. My experience has been that women who are very capable of developing good software are usually hard to identify as women.

>a women
t. omicron """male""" who can't even speak English properly

I've worked with one woman who actually knew her shit and built a critical namespace of a software company.

At uni, the women are fucking shit and are scared of the terminal. One didnt even realise passwords are hidden for ssh.

Protip: Those who use terminology like "alpha" and "beta" are very rarely alpha themselves.

>I female programmer is like a cleric trying to be a warrior, everything involved with melee is a debuff to it.
That's not how clerics work though. Clerics are, at worst, second-rate martials.

Is it a coincidence that the only chick who I've met and was a competent programmer happened to be a bulldyke who dressed like a wigger?

Coding, SysAdmins are other IT fields are "invisible jobs". You know the name of people that make Sup Forums website?

This is why Silicon Valley is obsessed with women in IT fields, the want women stuck in invisible under-appreciated professions

I choose cleric because their healing abilities and auxiliary roles are analogous to the rolls women tend to naturally find themselves excelling at. I don't know what clerics have an aversion to. You get my point though.

moot

I worked on a small team with a woman and a prajeet. The prajeet was fairly mediocre but the woman was incompetent. The prajeet toldme that when I left they hired 8 people to replace me, none of them white men. Really made me think.

> The prajeet toldme that when I left they hired 8 people to replace me,
That's pretty fucking funny, and should make you feel pretty good. also that pajeet sounds like a bro. pajeets have their place in grunt work, but what the fuck are women even doing there?

the only woman i've worked with was someone who wrote a bunch of kernel extensions and rewrote a lot of the linux networking stack just so we could buy 1 less server per year per datacenter (iirc, about 45k in savings), she was very smart

>Sup Forums - consumerism and autistic gender wars

as if other board are any different

more like
> Sup Forums - technology and social realists
were your feefees hurt?

There certainly were women who developed software. But can some 30 year old woman code today? Eh, it's like you never found some nephew of a boss being a retard trying to do a job he can't do, it's all anecdotal evidence mostly.

women can barely do anything

> talking about half of the world's population like it's one person

It seems like more of the talented women in CS tend to go into academia or R&D instead of Software Engineering. I don't recall any particularly talented female engineers at the last company I worked at, but we didn't exactly attract top-tier talent in general due to the shitty location. Therefore, I'm going to avoid falling into the confirmation bias trap.

Watch this, I'm about to talk about the entire world population as if it's one person:
>Everyone's a selfish idiot.

Generalizations are generally correct. There's a reason why insurance companies care if you smoke or drive a motorcycle or if you're a man. There's a reason why colleges want students with good grades. There's a reason why crime rates are higher in certain areas of the country. Generalizations explain why these things happen. Generally people who smoke and drive motorcycles and are male are more of a risk. Generally people with higher grades are smarter. Generally neighborhoods with gangs have higher crime rates. Generally speaking.

Ty ... Work as the "IT guy/girl" sucks ...
Less money and reputation the most good girls get a promotion out of the IT workfield.
Same for me and I don't regret that I now work as a manager earn nearly 2x as before.

nice try

The issue with this image is that there aren't any people of note to really contradict the generalization of the second panel.

I was once part of a group that interviewed a woman for a developer position. Amongst the interviewees, she solved the technical problems the fastest. Her resume was impressive. She was a scientist by trade with degrees in various STEM fields. Unfortunately, she wasn't a good fit because of the language barrier and awkward communication (autism?).

>there aren't any people of note to really contradict the generalization

If you have to go out of your way to do so, it's a self-defeating gesture. Call me when as a culture we begin to call intelligent folks the name of a female-Einstein.

If I were 5'2" and I wanted to join a basketball team, it'd be my job to show that I could ball, right? The burden wouldn't be on the other people to put aside their preconceptions and assume i'm another Earl Boykins