MacOS is the best Linux distro

macOS is the best Linux distro

Prove me wrong

I can't

*Unix

>Prove me wrong
Why should we, if it's true?

why are you a pedophile?

Why should we, if applefags are sick people, any attempt to argue with them is futile.

how do you open your computer in public?

It's not based on Linux so it can't be. That's like saying macOS is the best shoe.

hey how do you screenfetch in osx?

Post me.jpg again user

100% garbage DE

This, really. I've used macs in the past mind you, and I've wasted so much time arguing with macfags, and it always ends with stunning amounts of apologism and denialism.

>b-but you can do it THIS apple(tm) certified way that is both unintuitive and slow
>b-but you don't need that!
>b-but it (just barely) works!

Linux is a piece of shit that belongs to servers (but you should be using FreeBSD).

macOS or Windows + WSL will provide the best UNIX like desktop experience, all with good hardware support, energy management and without graphical glitches or fans spinning 24/7.

>Using keyboard shortcuts
>Unintuitive

macOS is the best Unix distro for your day to day use, but it isn't Linux.

(Protip: Linux isn't good for day to day use, I only use it at work).

This is exactly what I mean.

>dude just press CMD+SHIFT+G instead of being able to use graphical elements in a GRAPHICAL program
Do you think you are a hacker or something for using keyboard shortcuts where the mouse works faster?

>Linux isn't good for day to day use, I only use it at work
Funny, considering it's actually the exact opposite.

How does the mouse work faster? You have to move around.

Also what you're describing is the "go to folder" action, which also can be accessed graphically. But apparently it's too hard to open a drop down menu, or go into the terminal, type "open" and the path you want to go. Wait that might be hacker tier for you as well. Who has time to use the god damn terminal, right?

>Funny, considering it's actually the exact opposite.
It's not though. I don't bother fighting with desktop environments, buggy browser implementations and email clients that doesn't support Exchange or IMAP+ properly, but for what I do at work it's rock solid.

There's a reason why Linux dominates every market except desktop computers. It's a shitty desktop OS. It's a wonderful server/supercomputer/cluster/embedded OS.

>one (1) click

>cmd-shift-g (duh, obviously) - you can also spend your time looking for it in the crappy global app menu
>type '/'
>press enter

I don't see how mac is better. Or is accessing the filesystem root too hacker tier for you?

Or you could right click on the window title icon

or you could remember in which drop down menu it is (I know your mouse has those 6 million clicks you don't want to waste) but you can also make a screen capture and store it on your "pro hacker tips" folder so you have a constant reminder.

Oh the menu is called Go, I wonder what it is for.

Conveniently skipping the "navigating to /" part, I see. This is just the reason why arguing with you people is a complete waste of time. I bring up just one small flaw in the OS, and it gets faced with workarounds and denial.

What skipping? What you're complaining about is not having a path bar on Finder, that's literally it. You complain about having to waste 2-3 seconds on finding that, but realistically, how many times do you even use the goddamn thing in a single day?

Again, I'm talking about navigating to ROOT. /. Do you know what it is? I didn't say that in the first post specifically, but made it clear in the next ones.