DDR5

Will finally ddr4 meme die?

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/03/next-generation-ddr5-ram-will-double-the-speed-of-ddr4-in-2018/

DDR5 won't come out until 2020.

Sure let's let RAM prices be even higher.

what's the point if (((they))) conspire with each other to keep prices doubling each year

i wont buy a ddr4 system as long as prices are this expensive. i can't imagine how much they will ask for ddr5

DDR3 still isn't much better, all we can hope for is for that one DRAM maker with some desire to gain marketshare and undercut prices. Don't think that will happen.

>barely anything even using DDR4s bandwidth
>already a new version just to hike prices again and force motherboard/cpu changes

wow how exciting

>barely anything even using DDR4s bandwidth
y-you're not? user...

>AMD BTFO yet again
When will they stop.

>intel shills face next year when ddr5 on zen+

Most Ryzen boards can't even handle 3200MHz+ sticks...

EARLY
BIOS
they will in less than a month

maybe it'll push the prices on "low end speeds" down, which is really all you'll ever need ever under any circumstances anyway.
>it'll never happen

>JustWait((((tm)))

>around half are already finalizing 3600 support
>other half are getting close
also
>mhz
>ram
lel moron it's 1600mhz

>RAM isn't going anywhere in the near future, but if you look ahead a few years, you can see a potentially RAM-free future looming. Intel's Optane drives are attempting to combine the capacity, density, and non-volatility of an SSD with speed that is beginning to approach RAM's

This man is a fucking moron who should be fired from his position at a "tech" news site.

Since release the average rig you'll see on Ryzen has gone from below 2600 to 3200 or there abouts. Wait a little longer for faster.

6+Ghz ram?
8+Ghz ram?

This

This is honestly the most retarded thing i've read in a long time.

One person is writing for a well respected tech news site, the other two are shitposting on the back alley of the internet.

Really makes the juices flow...

It's already 2020 I feel so old man 2020 seems like in the future to me but we are already here. FeelsBadMan

(You)

RMA yourself

AMD is promising the AM4 socket/platform will lasts through Zen2/Zen3 over the next ~3 years.

they can, for couple bioses now
some can get 3600 already

next bios update -6ns latency cut

they announced memory speed compatibility update coming in may a long time ago you dunce

>le just wait
>fine wine technology (™)

>4000mhz-6000mhz effective clock
>.9v to 1.1v
>standard DRAM chips are high density TSV stacks
>NVDIMM is the final nail in Optane's pathetic coffin.

Thats neat.

>a set time frame
>Sup Forums meme victim

good double
good double

STOP FUCKING SAYING MHZ YOU MORONS

Women get their period with 413 nanohertz

Hey guys just wait some more! If you keep waiting we'll put out products that competes with Intel's products that are a year old!

Cry more. Its apt.

but it's wrong

No, no its not.
That is the effective clock speed.
1000MT/s = 1000mhz effective clock.

Isn't it going to get released in 2020

>half clocks are the same as effective clocks

>being a clueless Sup Forums tard trying to meme about something you lack the IQ to comprehend

3.6GHz RAM coming since it wont be 4800MHz for sure.

Also here we go double latency.

Pretty sure we'll see some working stuff in q2 2019, q3 2019 max.

Ddr3 just died slow your roll

Double date rate?
More like.. DOUBLE PRICES