/pcbg/ - PC Building General

Post your component list, rate other anons', ask questions in general.

Always state the purpose of your PC, your budget, AND YOUR COUNTRY if outside the USA.
If you are asking for improvements, clarify whether you want to lower price, or improve specs or build quality.

>Assemble your parts list with price comparisons by vendor and compatibility filter.
pcpartpicker.com

>Have a budget, but don't know where to start? This will recommend you a parts list based on price.
logicalincrements.com/

>General build advice including chipset compatibility, power supply advice, Windows activation information.
pastebin.com/F9diF2hA

>Information about how to assemble a PC, how to select components, etc.
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Build_a_PC

>Any 2 core CPU (Pentium G, i3) will be depricated once Ryzen3 is released in 1-2 months.
>Ryzen5 4c/8t release in 2 weeks is just as good as i5/i7 with good RAM, for far cheaper should force Intel to lower prices.
>Consider stock fan+heatsink for any locked Intel CPU build without a Z mobo.
>Add a SSD even for budget builds, it's easier to add HDD later than replacing OS drive.
>The only worthwhile gfx cards are RX470, GTX1060 6GB, RX480 8GB.

If you see any other build advice or part list threads, direct them here with

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/9sBJ2R
youtube.com/watch?v=O5cqOtWz5sU&feature=youtu.be&t=276
pcpartpicker.com/list/z3GDXH
ebay.com/itm/ZOTAC-Geforce-GTX-1080-8GB-GDDR5X-Graphics-Card-ZT-P10800C-10P-/371827472098?hash=item5692a4f6e2:g:vckAAOSw241YZoAD
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811854052
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352053
pcpartpicker.com/list/zscPLD
pcpartpicker.com/list/9WNFyf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Recommendations on which mATX mobo to get for a Ryzen 5 1500X please.

Daily reminder: ryzen "wait" fags couldn't refute the fact a $60 pentium g4560 btfo their $200 to $400 line up multi "cores" """"processor"""" in any game performance, period.

GA-AB350M-Gaming 3

has fastest ram support and up to 64GB

you don't need ryzen 5 for 200 dollars. get pentium g4560 instead just for one third of the price and twice the performance

forgot picture

>implying there's just one Ryzen 5 CPU
these prices listed are higher than actual release.

go away kike.

>shitout 4
nigga please

pls r8 my build, Sup Forums

trash, post link and il fix.

nice alternative "facts" you got there pal, and why won't you post price/performance ratio as well?
look how ryzen is being btfo by a $60 real CPU here you amd shills
still twice expensive than pentium g4560 and even worse performance, shill

swap cpu with a pentium g4560 and you are good to go.

>buying intel 2 weeks before Ryzen 5 release
good goy, pay overpriced intel markups just before the competition makes us lower our prices!

here you go

>single channel ram/10

pcpartpicker.com/list/9sBJ2R

those processors are not even out yet and what's this fake news benchmark? come on shills give me something real. also there is no comparison with pentium g4560 because amd shills are afraid of being btfo in their fake benchmark. lmao

>still posting proven fabricated benchmarks

sigh, when will amd shills grow the fuck up

Much better IMO to max a slot out for easier upgrades than having to rebuy

youtube.com/watch?v=O5cqOtWz5sU&feature=youtu.be&t=276

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU INTEL KIKE SHILL
WAIT TILL RYZEN 5 AND OPTIMIZATION AND YOUR SORRY ASS WILL BE MINE

>implying I'm buying anything right now
I enjoy planning ahead, user.

>>Ryzen5 4c/8t release in 2 weeks is just as good as i5/i7 with good RAM, for far cheaper should force Intel to lower prices.

>not even out yet
>needs better ram, therefore not actually cheaper.

nice cpu yopu got there m8

>just wait!!!!

I need a VM server that can host 16 production VMs. Several of the VMs will need to use more than 1 virtualized CPU. Total RAM requirement exceeds 64GB. There needs to be storage enough to host 16 active VMs and 4 VMs on standby.
File/VM transfer speed within its internal back-up drives and external SAN must be able to handle at least 500 MB/s throughput with the lowest possible latency.
Uptime and the lowest possible energy consumption also a must.

Help me

then say so in your fucking post, retard

>doesnt know how to read
it says "good ram" not "better".

I want to be able to upgrade to 64 gb without buying replacement RAM. What's wrong with one channel only?

fucking shit your tips are retarded. i'm aborting thread til we get a competent OP

That's irreverent. You have to test the real processor in order to get real performance, shill.
This amd shilling hothead has lost his composure, typical amd shills.
>just wait
>they'll fix it with optimization
LMAOING@ ur life
this guy gets it

>it says "good ram" not "better".
ryzen needs faster ram to be able to compete, which costs twice.

can someone make a proper thread?
thx

I just bought 16GB of 3000 RAM for $96.

lmao pay "less" for weak cpu and much more for ram, just amd things.

jesus FUCKING christ the intel drones ITT

>intel drones
>nothing but amd shilling itt
really activates those neurons...

fact is AMD is only 10% behind in IPC and they're selling equivalent chips for far cheaper than intel, hardly shilling.

>this is what amd shills really believe

proper thread

Anyone? Please?

go watch simulated R3 and R5 test, and any R7 bench.

>8 core 16 thread for same price as an i7
>4 core 8 thread for same price as i5
>4 core 4 thread for same price as i3

>10% lower IPC
>more cores/threads for same price.

ENOUGH! I keep seeing in most gaming benchmarks that the i7-7700 beats the 1800X yet people here keep saying that the 1800 is better

Not a shill I just want to know why I have most of my PC ready to build except for the mobo. cpu and gpu

Also should I get the 1080 or just try to catch the 1080ti if it ever comes back in stock?

you don't need more cores. IPC is much more important for gaming as well as productivity. That's why amd is such a failure.

>8 core 16 thread for same price as an i7
But performs the same as an i3
>4 core 8 thread for same price as i5
But performs the same as a Pentium
>4 core 4 thread for same price as i3
But performs the same as a Celeron

>10% lower IPC
No, try 20% versus Kaby Lake

Must be 9AM in Bangalore.

R7 are more workstation oriented. If you just game get one of the R5 chips coming in 2 weeks.

>But performs the same as an i3
in single threaded tasks
>But performs the same as a Pentium
in single threaded tasks
>But performs the same as a Celeron
in single threaded tasks

>MUH MULTITHREAD
look pal most of ppl here are just gaming and light productivity work, and none of them will use more than two cores. Save your shilling for someone else, amd drones.

>in single threaded tasks
kek, Ryzen R7 1700 can't even hold a candle to the 7700K in multithreaded tasks. Nice try AMDrone
KYS

then you would be happy if AMD forces intel to lower their prices on i5 and i7 or if you could get equal performance for cheaper, which is what AMD is offering.

fuck off kike

>cherrypicks the $300 more expensive 1800X that's been overclocked to prove his point
kek

>r7 1700 is same price as i7
>can OC to 1800x speeds
fuck off kike

what's with this bonding between antisemitism and amd fanboys? No wonder they are losing because they're just bunch of neo nazis.

>asking for actual hardware help in the only fucking Sup Forums thread in Sup Forums
>16 production VMs
>some will need more than 1 virtualized CPU
jesus fuck, how many? "some" is as much of an answer as "maybe"

>overclocking
>Ryzen
tippity toppity kek
Ryzen 1800X can't overclock past 4.2 GHz with all eight cores. Good luck getting a worse-binned 1700 to 4.0GHz on air.

learn to fucking read you retarded schlomo holy fuck

i said the 1700 will OC to 1800X speeds

>moving goalposts
We've got a real bad AMDrone infestation in this thread
Abandon thread

pcpartpicker.com/list/z3GDXH

buy the video card here.

ebay.com/itm/ZOTAC-Geforce-GTX-1080-8GB-GDDR5X-Graphics-Card-ZT-P10800C-10P-/371827472098?hash=item5692a4f6e2:g:vckAAOSw241YZoAD

>moving goalposts
no, you're the one taking shit out of context.

take your kike posse and fuck off back to israel

I'm looking at the EVGA 1080 FTW, anyone here have it?

I'm putting a new PC together using PC Parts Picker and my one question is about the case. I would like to try and seal it up as much as possible to prevent dust and hair from getting in, so are there any cases that are good to choose, or is any case fine so long as I get some filters for the fan intakes?

phanteks has everything filtered.

you should get one that has fan filters, and if you are really anal about it, pull some stockings around those filters for even better result

So all the fan ports are filtered on phanteks cases?

ye and so does fractal.

fractal doesnt have the top ports filtered.

because they're exhaust....

who cares?

it still doesnt have them filtered and you're a retard.

If I have a 4690k i5 and I get a 1080, am I fucking myself with having such an old CPU

Would upgrading the GPU be worth it? I kinda wanna play newer games without worrying about getting 60fps.

yes.

buy a cheap 980 for under 200.

yeah buy pentium g4560

kek

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811854052

or

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352053

fresh out of the oven

phanteks imo.

what's a good set of 16gb 3000mhz ram that'll work with the asrock x370 taichi?

4 drinks, do it.

>nice alternative "facts" you got there pal, and why won't you post >price/performance ratio as well?

Huh? Is this a joke? But you posted the AMD picture so I'm not sure.

But okay.
>1500X+mobo to reach that 4Ghz
$280
>7600k+mobo+cooler to reach that 4.8Ghz
$480

So it's almost half the cost, yet better.

Fine except that that cooler isn't very good. A Noctua big air cooler is better. If you want a good AIO that out performs the Noctua, you need to spend more in the $150 range.

And that 1070 seems way overpriced. You can get a 1080 for $420, and 1070 for ~$300-$325.

Snowy Owl should be coming out in late Q3, senpai.
Unless you mean that each VM needs full cores instead of splitting them? I think you mean splitting cores so say each VM gets half or a third of the same cores.

You're retarded

>you don't need more cores. IPC is much more important
1500X has higher IPC than the 7600k due to SMT. Just like how the i7-7700 non-k stock outperforms the 7600k with a 5Ghz overclock on average. Both of these are irrefutable facts that you have to be a moron to argue against.

The fuck? You were already answered in the last thread

Get a RX470 4GB or RX480 8GB and a 3770.

All of the shit they'll reccomend for you will be over kill anyway. I'm still not buying into the 4k meme.

Well you have to define 'better'.

In all these benchmarks, the 1800X never seems to be more than 50-65% utilized while the 7700k is usually 95-100% utilized.

That means if you just put Twitch or something on your other monitor with the 7700k, you're going to drop 10-20% FPS and be below the 1800X, for example. While the 1800X can have so-much-shit running in the background and still have nearly what the 7700k is getting in a clean environment.

Also, with 3200mhz RAM, the 1800X seems to surpass the 7700k in most games from the past few years. Especially when you go by 1% minimums and frame pacing, which is pretty much the most important with games.
And an update to support 3600mhz+ RAM is coming in May.

Is the 7700k better, on average, over all games, which includes 10 year old ones, in a clean and sterile benchmarking environment with nothing running in the background?
Yes, by about 10-20% or so, but:
>a lot of these outlier results seem to be due to Nvidia's DX12 driver being dogshit for some reason on Ryzen.
<

There's plenty of cases where you can put a certain GPU configuration on 7700k on a certain game using a certain graphics API and it's the one that does terrible.
So it's just not black and white. Things are more complicated now than they were when we were comparing the Pentium 4 and Thunderbird with simple graphics APIs.

Is it good Sup Forumsbros? Should I change anything?

Shit forgot to link pcpartpicker.com/list/zscPLD

Random question, but which brand do you think has the best UEFI?

ASRock

-spending as much on a 1070 ($400) as you can get a 1080 ($420) for.
If you're getting a 1070, it makes more sense to spend more around $320 for one. Otherwise you can get an R9 Fury for $235. At your budget, a 1080 on sale makes the most sense.
Or wait for Vega, for that matter. Then $400 1080s will probably be plentiful and you won't be limited to 1 or 2 models, or just get Vega itself.

-shit PSU. You can get a much nicer 550-650W gold rated Seasonic for around $60-$70

-Why not just get a 500GB SSD for $140 instead of a 250+1TB? Add a HDD later once you need it.

-Why cheapshit RAM when you're spending so much on CPU+Cooler+Mobo?

Here is a far more robust and higher quality build for about $90 more than your configuration.

pcpartpicker.com/list/9WNFyf

Thank you. Can you tell me what's wrong with that PSU?
Thanks man

Cheap EVGA's are just nothing like their high end ones. Same with Corsair.

Seasonic tends to be best for the cheap PSUs.
You can get a semi-modular 550W gold rated Seasonic for like $60-$70. Well worth spending a few bucks more for especially with all those other expensive components you're using.

Hell personally, I'd forget the overpriced 7700k, motherboard, cooler, and get an actual great $100+ PSU. The PSU and SSD are the components you're most likely to keep the longest. You're spending the most money on the components you're most likely to replace first, or first after the GPU.

I see. Thank you

You're welcome.