Fuck it's so hard doing this

Macs suck and they've always sucked. Paying 2 or 3 times the price of a windows pc for outdated hardware is stupid as hell. Having said that, my employer wants me to learn to use MACOS so I gotta bite the bullet.

What would be the best used and CHEAP macbook one could get? I hear the 2012 models are the sweet spot.

Other urls found in this thread:

jewishcurrents.org/april-14-david-sarnoff-and-the-titanic/
netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0
zdnet.com/article/the-truth-about-goobuntu-googles-in-house-desktop-ubuntu-linux/
lmgtfy.com/?q=unapproved caller macos
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Almost everything you use daily was written on Macs. Hell, even this site, which you shitpost to daily, was not only written on a Mac but also runs on them.

Stay retarded. Stay mad.

Does your employer want you using "the Mac operating system" or "macOS?" Because the latter is the new name, whereas the former can include a lot of older versions of OS X.

This is important because old machines won't support the newest version(s) of the operating system.

$100 T420
$5 USB drive
$0 OSX VM to create installer

If your boss wants you to use mac, you should quit

This. I'd quit too if my boss started sending me gay sexual advances.

My 2010 macbook pro runs sierra just fine, just avoid mountain lion (10.8).

>t. mactoddler

Virtual machine

Does your boss use Android? Do you use Android?

I think you should quit immediately.

macOS is bretty good desufampai

Why won't your employer buy you one?

Why should it come out of your wages?

Why aren't you just using a virtual machine?

So many questions :thinking:

Oh poor lad, You fell for the everything was created on macs meme?

Silly faggot. 90% of the OS market share belongs to windows but the 8% "muh innovation" is responsible for everything?

kys please.

This.

I think you may be right.

This is the only proper solution. VMs are shit.

Do you use anything made by Google? What about Facebook?

Almost everything you use daily was written on Macs.

>Facebook
wtf i hate macs now

Don't use kikebook.

As far as android is concerned that's based on the Linux kernel.

Try again.

>MY EMPLOYER

learning to use mac osx must be the easiest job in he world. people get paid to do this shit while I get paid nothing to maintain my linux home server and use moms credit card to buy upgrades. fuck you.

>paying 1/2 the price plus handing over all your personal data to the Poosoft botnet
>"better deal"
You should get down on your hands and knees and kiss your employer's feet for making you grow up and use a real OS.

lol

jewishcurrents.org/april-14-david-sarnoff-and-the-titanic/

>based on the Linux kernel
That's not what I said. I said that almost all PCs at Google are Macs. So your precious Android was written on a Mac.

>what is hackintosh

They use a combination of macOS, Linux, and some PCs.

I'm using a linux based phone that was written on a mac, so what? you probably use WAY more things that were made with windows considering the majority of the planet uses it.

fuck off macsheep.

>They use a combination of macOS, Linux, and some PCs.
LOL... 99% are Macs at Google.

Stay retarded. Stay mad.

android studio doesn't even exist for chrome os, it's pretty baller on os x though

sorry about that autism

>t. mactoddler

I love how you mac-sheep always divert when you realize you were scammed by the apple jew.

>but muh google computers

netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0

Keep drinking dat koolaid cock smoker.

LOL... still can't cope with the fact that 99% of PCs at all Silicon Valley companies are Macs.

LOL!!!

Still can't cope with the fact that you are literally 6% of the population dumb enough to pay triple for outdated hardware.

give me more tears macfag.

tfw part of the glorious 2 percent

i enjoy my 2012. still running great. i put 16gb of ram in it though for virtual machines and stuff.

This is what I'm wondering. If your employer suddenly decides you HAVE to know this, why are they forcing YOU to buy it?

Poor people buy cheap shit.. no kidding.

But things are better in US. You can stop quoting stats from 3rd world shitholes.

this

yes, because expensive shit always = better right?

Paying 2k for a 4th gen Intel processor rig must be a good idea because the price is so high!

Congratulations, you're a total moron.

Just run MacOS in a VM.

I don't believe a word of your bullshit story about why you are buying a mac. If your employer wants you to learn to use a mac, then do it on the mac they provide you with. It's pretty clear you've never worked in any job which requires you to use a computer.

>yes, because expensive shit always = better right?
Yes, most of the time that's true.

Why else would Google, FB, Twitter, etc etc all standardize on Apple computers?!

2011 or 2012 are great but if you plan on using the latest Mac OS version then buy an SSD. I have a 2011 MBP 13 inch non-retina. Sierra is optimized for SSDs and it was slow as fuck after the update. Migrating to an SSD and going from 4 to 10GBs of RAM solved the problem. I already had the parts but assuming you don't have them, prepare to spend an extra 200 on upgrades.

>paying 2 to 3 times the price for outdated hardware

You're also paying for a superior operating system. A vastly superior operating system.

In terms of design and implementation, macOS/OS X is light years ahead of Windows, and to this day Windows has never caught up. They can't. It's a proper UNIX system. Meanwhile, Microsoft lost the code years ago and are just hiring pajeets to copy-paste .dlls

How is it ahead in design and implementation? Almost every single modern day program are all made with Windows in mind not macOS.

There's literally nothing macs can do that windows cannot.

>There's literally nothing macs can do that windows cannot.
Windows can't put all of your applications in one directory. Instead, all of your programs are scattered about the OS. Uninstalling them leaves all sorts of shit behind. Mac OS keeps all of your applications in a single folder and to remove them, you drag them to the trash. Windows gives no fucks about unnecessarily eating hard drive space.

>All evil jew ran corporations like Facebook or Google use macs
How appropriate

>
>Do you use anything made by Google? What about Facebook?
>Almost everything you use daily was written on Macs.
What's your point? It's just a computer, as long as the program you use run on it, everything else doesn't matter.

There's plenty of third party apps like driver sweeper that can do that function for you.

although, I never found a need for it as most programs uninstall fine from the add/remove programs feature.

There's also plenty of ways to remove extra clunk with built in windows utilities. It seems to me like you've never touched a windows machine in your life.

As a life long mac user and real life programmer I also think Apple hardware sucks assholes and is generally 2x the price for half the innovation but it's pretty hard to replace Unix for real world liveablity.

>quitting your job because of an operating system

Programming on windows makes me want to shoot myself. Using Linux daily is a pain. I compromise and go for the Mac.

zdnet.com/article/the-truth-about-goobuntu-googles-in-house-desktop-ubuntu-linux/

Google use Macs so much they made their in house Linux distro. Really makes you think. Also macOS is so superior it's used by all servers worldwide and the only companies that don't run their servers on it are shitty 3rd world companies.

lmgtfy.com/?q=unapproved caller macos

So advanced it has this neat feature that fucks up your system permissions and won't even let you install shit or change settings in some cases

I work with people who use Windows and Mac, the only people who want Macs are Managers or guys who care too much about how the world sees them or people who need it to develop on Apple platforms. Most engineers/programmers loathe the idea of getting assigned a project which requires a Mac.

So, unless you have buyers remorse, then no, Macs are not superior, except if the only thing you do is browse the web. Then I'll give you that web browsing feels better on my MacBook than on my PC, as long as I resign myself to using a single screen and not tile my windows.

Well, good to see my rig will outperform at least 3 of your computers. Feels good to have fast video rendering and gaming.

>my boss uses android

time to quit your job at carmax.

>appealling with the majority.
>vast majority of the population thinks computers are facebook machines
>some have never seen their desktop before

Windows < macOS

Top kek