Next-Generation DDR5 RAM Will Double the Speed of DDR4 In 2018

Now that i have your attention.

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/03/next-generation-ddr5-ram-will-double-the-speed-of-ddr4-in-2018/

>You may have just upgraded your computer to use DDR4 recently or you may still be using DDR3, but in either case, nothing stays new forever. JEDEC, the organization in charge of defining new standards for computer memory, says that it will be demoing the next-generation DDR5 standard in June of this year and finalizing the standard sometime in 2018.

Whole Ars article.

>It will take longer than that to make it to your PC, though.
>DDR4 RAM was finalized in 2012, but it didn't begin to go mainstream until 2015 when consumer processors from Intel and others added support for it.
IT'S FUCKING NOTHING.

Whole JEDEC article.

>Double the speed and latency.

FTFY

>Memory bandwidth: doubled
>Speed: doubled
>Power efficiency: increased

>Latency: Not metioned

Really makes you think.

I'm sure Optane isn't even close to as fast, simply far higher volume.

I-it's nothing goyim, now buy that DDR6gorillion.

Don't forget to include us still on DDR2. I see no reason to upgrade.

Not impressed.
I want CPUs to come with 16gb - 32gb HBM on them.

>Now that i have your attention.
Not on my hormone replacement therapy yet, hon! Just started working at Google. Can't wait for the comprehensive medical plan!

What kind of faggot has these pictures saved on his computer?

>not knowing how to post images from URL
Ah the newfags. Summer is early this year.

>guy who will never be noticed on the beach
speedos are in, bro
start working out before summer arrives

>RAM-less future
>super low latency SSD doubling as memory

Why not just have a 128gb cache on your CPU?

how long until they adapt chrome's versioning scheme?

s-s-sauce

I'm not him but you can't do that from GNU/Linux you imbecile Wincuck.

Guys who have goal bodies and work to achieve them to be sexy partially for hot babes, but mostly for narcissistic reasons, likely due to childhood bullying or parental abuse.

I ordered my copy of Beach Boys 50th Edition from Amazon Inc. just in time before Summer. I plan to get muscly as a clam for that day I'm toasting in the summer sun saturated in sand like a soothing sensual fuck alpha. Chest hair is progressing for the real women wanting a real man. currently at 147, largest I ever been.

>DDR4 latency equal to DDR3 or better
>HURRRFF EVERYTHING IN THE FUTURE IS WORSE GUYS

Optane is a magnitude or more slower than DRAM, and JEDEC has a specification for an NVDIMM, so the only niche usage of Optane just disappeared. DRAM is faster, lower latency, massively lower power.
Hell, we already have 128GB DDR4 DIMMs, and they're old news. One of DDR5's main focus points is increased capacity.

Yeah, let's price-fix DRAM again!

t. Samsung, Hynix, Micron

If you're fine with a die size of about an entire American, and a cost of about half a billion dollars, go for it.

Bitch, I'm still using DDR2.

obtain has one use as far as i'm concerned, an off drive intermediary where uncompressed common files are stored, this would massively speed up computers if the uncompressed data was stored somewhere, as nvme drives are limited to 400-500mb read due to needing to decompress programs, its why you rarely see shit surpass sata drives even though on paper some are 10 times faster.

you would have an mcm cpu with piece meal dies for space, could likely be done on a single wafer, im not really aware how far along die stacking or how much space it takes to make the ram.