Firefox 57 "Photon"

What do you lads think about Firefox's upcoming look?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ccd0/Sup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

will be a good firefox to uninstall

It's like a shittier version of what I've been doing for four years with classic theme restorer

>metro
When will this cancer end?

nice safe space faggotry
needs more play doh

Jesus fuck that's hideous

Looks like what Developer Edition has had by default for a while now. I like that there are no more rounded tabs, but not sure I see the benefit in making the address bar have a fixed width.

stop using firefox

How much longer till Firefox is literally who tier?

Once Microsoft Edge has more users than them. They might as well end it after then.

What is an open source alternative that isn't botnet-integrated?

literally opera

still better than current default

surf? any random webkit browser? still using firefox here, but i might use surf when firefox really hits the shit

What's up with all these wasted space?

now let us move the tabs to the side in a tree style tabs way and were good.

Right?! It was bad enough when they removed the small icons option (forcing the address bar to be bigger), but why do the tabs have to be so big? Also, making the address bar a fixed width is so pointless.

I simply can't understand why this isn't an option in all browsers by default.

Widescreen monitors have been the norm now for a while and not only are tabs on the side a much better use of space (as most websites do not fully utilise a widescreen) it allows for great implementations like tree style tabs which cannot be done with the tabs on top.

Pretty much this yeah
specially all the rage for ULTRACHINGCHONG vision wide screens

Makes no fucking sense.

Is the developer theme safe?

why not use the compact theme?, its bretty gud

They're actually moving both color schemes down to the stable branches because people like them. I think they're being merged in to stable in FF53

How did we go from 3.6 to this?

its better than australis though.

looks like absolute trash. brave browser is better.

too much blank or unnecessary vertical space
shit back button
still has that obnoxious light edge
url bar should take up the whole top section

AH MY EYES
time to use palemoon

looks like trash
what's with that tiny ass url bar?

looks okay but the wasted space needs to be fixed

Firefox dev edition will still be compact

Do normalfags actually like this shit or is it still just nuMicrosoft forcing it?

Yes

this is what happens when you hire sjw filth

nah
australis is what happens when you hire sjw filth
this is more of a we hired toddlers to do the new UI

This

Are they chrome yet?

This will look great with my KDE desktop! Thanks Mozira!

>last thread
>Sup Forums praised the redesign and claimed that mozilla won
>this thread
>everyone says the new look is literal shit
What the fuck Sup Forums seriously

Which is still an upgrade from SJWs.

>tabs on top
trash
garbage
mozilla literally is unable to stop wasting money

rectangular tabs will always be superior to round tabs

looks like a more shit version of what I have Firefox configured as

>only room for 6 tabs

Jesus fuck, user.

Howd you manage to make it WORSE?

The search bar decreases in size the more tabs I have open.

I like it

Looks like I will switch to Seamonkey.

>address bad is smaller than is could be
And I thought they couldn't do anything more retarded than rounded tabs.

>leddit
>arch
>tumblr
>ponyshit

ayyyyy

I literally can't find a single good thing to say about it. It's that bad.

Weird amalgamation of Opera and Firefox

Panorama?

Looks like hot fucking garbage. So glad I ditched this trainwreck years ago.

stop burning churches

So much cancer on that screenshot that I think I have it now too.

Palemoon. Used to be a firefox fork but branched off completely into its own browser.

If you like old school seamonkey

I threw up in my mouth a little

I already pinned the previous ESR so Firefox will never be upgraded again.

Fuck their bullshit. This is what they do now, design skins.

sudo apt-get remove firefox-esr; sudo apt-get install brave

And install what?

Shit looks exactly the same. I'm not going to look at these tutorials ever so that's not relevant to me.

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded kike loving fucking faggot sack of ugly nigger shit with down syndrome.

I liked Brave, but no grease monkey and thus no 4chanx killed it for me.

They are trying to kill themselves so hard

looks good

I really don't care what the Mozilla lads do. As long as Firefox remains the most customizable browser, I can always undo whatever ugliness Mozilla comes up with.

I just love what they've done with the new Firefox, for the past month it's been freezing frequently, which it never did before, while telling me "one of your pages may be slowing it down, wait/ignore?" and it's usually a resource hungry page like cuckbook/news sites with flash everywhere/or an 8ch thread with 600 replies!

G E N T O O
E
N
T
O
O

>The search bar decreases in size the more tabs I have open.
That wasted space above, they better fix the UI again.

github.com/ccd0/Sup Forums-x-proxy
bam, Sup Forums x anywhere

OP pic related is part of the reason nobody uses firefox anymore.

They just keep pandering to babbys first computer user. What they don't realise is that user will just use what comes with the OS, and they keep pissing off the techies, the ones who will be exposed to the browser and recommend it to the illiterates.

The techies tell them they're doing a shit job for shit users, and they respond with pandering *even harder*. (Break all the plugins! Chromeify the UI twice! Remove features! Extension nannying!)

Mozilla is what happens when you let retard SJWs run a company into the ground.

Well it's a step up from Australis

more bloat for kindergarten kids

time to die

Nah, breaking all the plugins and extensions is a good plan. They need to purge the bullshit they used to have to implement new core tech and multiprocess security. It'll probly get shat up before they ever realize that goal though.

As for UIs, who even looks at the UI? Move it the fuck out of the way so I can get to my content.

stop using chrome

how do you get the volume?

i told u to kys earlier faggot

>WAHHHHH I HATE CHANGE
every time

This

Hello moz://a

how do you make the tabs sit next to url bar?

My 5 year old loves the octopus. The rest is poop.

Plugins are literally the only reason to use Firefox. Removing the plugins removes their one and only competitive advantage.

>XUL works but it's "old" and not hipster compliant so we'll just throw it out rather than upgrade it

CONGRATULATIONS
FIREFOX IS FOR FURRIES

Oh look, it's more flat UI cancer.

Get back to work on breaking your shitass browser so you can exit the marketplace already.

cringetastic

Checke'd and keke'd :^D

No, XUL is a security minefield and it has always been awful. Back in the old days they just shat out APIs for any old thing without a care in the world. Completely unmaintainable.

So when they're going into multiprocess they HAVE to rewrite the APIs just because XUL is so fucking bad. Now, they won't come out the other end with the SAME API but it will probably come out with more standardized equivalents.

They're not stopping with WebExtension compatibility but as for how long it takes to go from WebEx (which is designed for multiprocess compatibility) to something which includes all the powerful stuff they already had with XUL.... might be a while. They're still implementing more powerful APIs as we speak though, it's not some pipe dream or conspiracy.

Fuck this shit. Are there any good browser-based browsers that are tightly cloud-integrated with IOT support?

I think all browsers are browser-based, there's no such thing as a good IOT anything though.

Don't care, I customized mine to suit how I browse.

>Are there any good browser-based browsers that are tightly cloud-integrated with IOT support?

I use Nightly by the way and yet I cannot find compatible dark theme.

So write your own unless XUL has suddenly stopped existing.

Why doesn't Firefox default to having tracking protection always on?

>fixed width address bar

>breaking all the plugins and extensions is a good plan
Nobody ever used Firefox for the simple fact that it had all of those...

>As for UIs, who even looks at the UI? Move it the fuck out of the way so I can get to my content.
It's not like the UI is what the ~USER~ ~INTERFACES~ with to get to their content. Shitty UI = shitty experience.

There will be the possibility of rewriting addons for the new system but XUL simply cannot stay.

I just minimize the fuck out of whatever UI they try and stick me with and ignore the rest. I actively avoid interacting with the UI. Maybe the scroll bar (as an indicator, not for scrolling)

>he can't tell the shills apart from the anons