Open source version of Slack

>open source version of Slack
>works on every major OS
>decentralized, federated model of both servers and clients creating a network with no single failure point
>you can host your own server
>nothing needed but username and password
>end to end encrypted
>supports every kind of file transfer
>voice and video ready with WebRTC

Why doesn't Sup Forums use Riot?

Why doesn't Sup Forums have an official Riot room?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/linux
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yet another open source shit that no one will use

Tried to set this up for a private network, but it needs a centralised identity server only run by matrix.org, and they discourage running your own one. It needs working SMTP for a registration flow too.

I would love to offer a more modern experience to my IRC users if anyone has any tips on setting up a (completely) isolated synapse + matrix-appservice-irc instance.

That sounds lame. Thanks for the disappointment, OP.

On a separate note does anyone know of a foss JIRA alternative? Don't say Trello either.

trac / bugzilla / mantis

hmmm did you ask them for a solution to this?

Trac looks good, thanks

oh what a surprise it doesnt work

It does but not the way he wants it to

I wish this other slacklikes had good native clients. The idea of slack is solid (user friendly IRC) but the pain in the ass 800lb gorilla webshit clients everybody makes are getting tiresome.

>open source version of
There's the first problem. You're expected to figure out why it doesn't work when it doesn't work. People don't want half baked and untested garbo to do work on.

Hey look an amateur software shilling thread.

It works fine

Tried on android with one friend
when i enabled encryption it stop to receive messages

forget about Riot, use Ring:

- GNU project
- free software
- decentralized
- encrypted
- flawless interface and functions

THIS is what you should use. At least to replace your shitty video calling software.

Ring is even buggier and uglier than Riot but I do prefer their ID system.

It's nice and all, but Riot and Ring etc won't ever get any traction unless they're being put on Android as default app. Mobile first.MAKE people use this.
Obv never going to happen.

Facebook isn't on all devices by default and everybody uses it.

Open source shit just doesn't even try and they don't have the resources to deliver a product or market it.

"It's nice and all, but Snapchat won't ever get any traction unless it's being put on Android as a default app."

replace Snapchat with
- Whatsapp
to see how your statement doesn't make any sense.

By your logic, Google+, Google Allo and that other Google messaging service should have had massive adoption.

it's not that they market it, it's that to use these open source programs you have to do 10 shitty steps and setup 5 different things and normies don't have time and interest for it.

>10 shitty steps and setup 5 different things
you didn't read through the thread, didn't you? It's mentioned in the OP how you need less information for Riot than you would need for facebook (username and pw instead of full name, email, password and whatever else fb wants).
Ring.cx works with and without registration. It automatically assigns your device an ID, or you can set a username (without a password!) that you can share with your contacts.

Care to explain how those are 10 steps and 5 setups? Or can you admit that you just made up things?

rekt

>samefag

Open sores is trash, it's why linux is at 1% with no games.

>no games
store.steampowered.com/linux