How cucked are you on your Android?

Post your permissions page. Let's see how much trust you have in Android's app ecosystem.

Pic related -- but some of my permissions are duplicated or have 3 copies, due to having Knox and Secure Folder installed.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_system_permissions
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>thinking how many permissions you give matters
It matters what you give permissions to. I can give permissions to whatever the fuck I want because the only software on my phone is FOSS goodness

>owning a smartphone at all
What's it like having a non-free baseband that has been proven to be a backdoor in some Samdung phones? None of your userland shit matters, reddit. Fuck you.

Obviously. I'm very hesitant to give apps any potentially compromising permissions, and selective when it comes to the apps/developers I trust -- with that being said, the overall amount of access one gives is a pretty good indication of how privacy conscious that person may be.

Even if you were to give permissions ONLY to FOSS applications trusted by the community- the more apps that have access to your phone, mic, etc. increases the chances of your data being exploited by some rogue botnet.

Why do all Sup Forums users have the 'all or nothing' mentality? My threat model is not some nation state with authorization to a backdoor in cases of national security. Political opinions aside; I'm trying to avoid large corporations carelessly mining my personal data, and ensure the least amount of security holes possible. I own a smartphone because of my job and because it's convenient. I like to watch movies and videos, or read some articles when access to my PC is inconvenient.

Kys yourself

>implying skids can't fuck you in the ass through your cellular connection
You know nothing. Stop being willfully ignorant and start looking these things up.

same here. I wish people could have a discussion on topics surrounding mobile privacy/security, without it being derailed by NEETS refusing to acknowledge anything other than their precious Pre- Intel ME c2d Chinkpads a 1366x768 resolutions.

You DO know that the permissions you "allow" don't actually determine anything, right? It's the same as Firefox's "Do not track".
sage

When regarding Android 7.0+, your information is factually incorrect. Not sure about pre-Marshmallow, however.

Marshmallow is 6.x

You mean pre-Niggat, right?

Pretty sure Marshmallow (6.0+) is when Android started honoring on/off switches for permissions, but it was limited and didn't give you many options. Nougat gives you more granular control over what applications can do, like special access permissions and shit like that.

>mfw I'm to stupid too install Libre Boot on my chinkpad and achieve ultimate freedoms

In linux everything is a file. Your microphone data streams to a file. File permissions in Linux actually work. If you dont give a user (in android an application) the ability to see a file it literally can not see its contents.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_system_permissions

Theory vs real life.

Were talking about real life vs real life.

You looked into the Android code to confirm it actually works or are you just taking what others said as a fact?

this only applies to everything not named Google Play Services

gitgud skrub

how do you view all 'app' permissions?

Settings>Application Manager>3 vertical circle menu button on the top right

thxs :3

Rawr xd