What should I do with my extra bandwidth this month?

What should I do with my extra bandwidth this month?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0ilMx7k7mso
youtube.com/watch?v=KMcny_pixDw
dataplan.xfinity.com/faq/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>data caps
>"bandwidth"

Torrent download the complete mst3k series

Don't remind me.

>Tfw dreams of downloading, hosting, and cataloging clearweb to tape crushed by service provider monopolies.

Data caps? I though the thing was gone back in ~2005.

>Data caps
Are you from Somalia or something?

United States of America.

My ISP is Comcast, and of the 3 internet packages I have the middle one.

>USA has datacaps
WHY? Aren't you supposed to have fabled free market and competition?

As much as data caps suck, 1 TB of data/month is heaven compared to the "trial" they did on everyone giving a 350 GB/month data cap

>be australia
>have unlimited data plan
>only get 300kbps, 200 if it rains
wouldnt even get to 1000gb even if i downloaded at full speed nonstop for a month straight

Is this a bait thread so we shit on america's bandwidth caps?
It must suck for 300GB cucks, 1TB sounds about fine. Must feel like shit to get jewed extra hard tough.

le epic feigned ignorance

ISPs also get taxpayer money to improve and maintain their services (otherwise ISPs would whine and cry because taking their optic fiber to rural areas is too expensive, and those people wouldn't pay for the service), yet they have the same speeds as Europeans and pay almost double. (In cities. Rural areas are stuck with 10 MB speed) With data caps. Oh, and ISPs can sell their Internet history to any company.

'Murricans are too complacent and stupid to even notice the giant cock ISPs put in their butts.

>be Mexico
>data caps were supposed to exist but never enforced
>get 1200 kbps on the lowest plan
It just werks, I used to do at least a terabyte monthly years ago just from torrenting a bit and shitposting
Nowadays I do like 800 GB but now I watch some Netflix, I guess I don't shitposting nearly as much as I used to
I always had shit upload though and need to seed 24/7
I can't fathom how Americans can live with data caps

I guess America is weird. They produce/develop most of the tech I use yet they still stuck in early 2000's with their internet speeds.

>WHY? Aren't you supposed to have fabled free market and competition?

Just going to leave this here.
youtube.com/watch?v=0ilMx7k7mso

And another.

youtube.com/watch?v=KMcny_pixDw

And comments like this are why they trialed it so low. Going from unlimited to a 1TB cap is awful, but hey, I went from 350GB to 1TB, this is great! It's so awesome I'll totally forgive them for taking me from unlimited to 350GB a few years back!

it was 200, then 250, and eventually 350, It took them years to reach 1TB. You fucking think they're going to scale that limit appropriately with time? it'll be another 5 to 10 years before you see an increase.

And I don't give a flying fuck if you think its enough, the bottome line is there is now a limit, and you have to make a choice. Watch or download something or risk hitting the limit, or of course you could just use comcasts shitty on demand or streaming service which are exempt from the cap. Caps subtly force you to avoid competitors products.

>LAND OF THE FREEDUMBS
Americans are huge cucks, lmao.

comcast implented a 1TB data cap a few months back to most of the U.S. Most houses don't even hit the halfway point though. I myself use the most data in my home of me and both my parents. I probably used like 75% of the 400GB we used last month.

TFW i have comcast but dont have data caps

are you sure?

dataplan.xfinity.com/faq/

SEED YOU FUCKING LEACH

Download Deepin.

yes im sure. I dont get charged extra for going over 300 GB. tfw 750 GB transferred

You weren't gonna do SHIT
shut the fuck up

>Had to split my latest booru wgets and tag sorting up into four separate months to avoid going over.
pleas

wow aren't you one lucky cunt.. I believe I saw that notice on the 5th of the month

Fuck cumcast

You can pay $30 extra per month to completely remove caps, they do not throttle either.
>paying extra just to be able to use the service you already pay for
Yeah, I know.

>no tech jobs in europe
>"just move to america lmaooo xD"
>no fiber, data caps, job in noguns state, prices through the fucking roof
hold me

chilean here

500GB monthly data cap, by Telefónica. applies to all new contracts since 2015
these spaniards are fucking jews

It's nice that Optimum online doesn't have data caps. Went on a random "data bing" about two weeks ago after finally using plex.

Now I'm data hoarding again.

>detalles del uso
>DEL uso
>DE+EL uso
Fucking south america butchering basic grammar i swear to god

oh, and forgot to mention: I don't have any alternatives in this building... and even if I had them, the other big company sucks, and I'm not sure smaller ones offer services here (and I live right in the middle of a big city...)

Del diccionario de la RAE
>del
>1. contracc. De el; p. ej., la naturaleza del hombre, por la naturaleza de el hombre. Del águila, por de el águila.

I'm from the US. I'm just learning spanish as a hobby and have my devices switched to spanish to try to increase "immersion" in the language.

I'm using the "United States" spanish dialect though. I guess it's using SA spanish?

Thankfully Comcast hasn't implemented caps here yet.

>>DE+EL uso
>Del: contracción
Thanks for proving me right, i guess
The sentence isnt "Detalles de el uso". You dont say "condiciones del uso" unless youre going to follow up with a modifier.
Thus "Datos de uso", and "Datos del uso de las contraseñas". Never switched.

As far as I know, US spanish is pretty much SA spanish, yes. There are probably some adaptative changes I dont know about.
As long as its accepted by the RAE, whatever dialect is ok.
Good luck, man.