Is it illegal to sell laptops with linux already on them?

Is it illegal to sell laptops with linux already on them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WRWrmT0ovPE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

GPL allows people to sell Linux distros. Most people just bought them rather than wait a week for the image to download on dial-up.

Is it illegal to lose money? No. There's your answer.

The seller needs to give a copy of the license (GPL), but it can also be as a text file on the laptop.

So nobody is going to sue me if I market cheap laptops with Linux to college students?

Why would it be? Windows being on everything is just because of ease of use, standardization, and Microsoft being proactive in shilling their shit.

It isn't there by some legal mandate and you can sell a computer with whatever OS you want providing it follows said OS guidelines on distribution.

>ganoo loonix
I doubt most people would buy a laptop with that shit to begin with.

You're going to need to give them a user manual.
I wish computers still came with manuals.
But no. It's better just to sell you a program that kinda does what you wanted to do insted of spending a few bucks on packaging a manual.

No but you cause a girl to drop out of college!

youtube.com/watch?v=WRWrmT0ovPE

Nobody needs a user manual for Ubuntu give me a fucking break. It's no more complicated than OSX. The UX for facebook is more complicated than Ubuntu

Install Gentoo. I cant see a problem.

>Ubuntu
You may as well just install OSX and risk persecution.
They'll be happier.
Install something more appealing and 'exotic' like arch. But also set it up with all the shit others will need.
If you're installing freeware, go ham and deck it out. Make it something worth wanting. Copy faggots from desktop threads.

Push hard doggo!

And practice a routine to demonstrate that it does the things.

Push hard doggo!
No, I've seen some stores sell laptops with ubuntu on them.

As long as you don't put an extra fee on a software. Dell was pushing Ubuntu on their laptops for some time

> reaction video
Cancer

but how did people install the internet?

PUSH HARD DOGGO

It's actually illegal for microsoft to pressure OEMs NOT to sell laptops with linux on them, which they did. Illegally. And got caught doing.

Double it

No, but it should be. Installing Linux in a computer another human being is going to use should be considered a kind of torture.

Why? It looks better than Windows and MacOS, is Customizeable, and if you run something like SUSE or Ubuntu it is almost impossible to break

Push hard doggo

PUSH HARD DOGGO

no, why? dell does this