1400 OC tested vs the G4560 and i5-7400

1400 OC tested vs the G4560 and i5-7400

3.8Ghz OC on the stock cooler. I would have hoped for 3.9, but that's still nice.
RAM is only 2666mhz.

youtube.com/watch?v=TcdmeGOsnss

CPU utilization is the one to watch on some of the games like BF1. 55-71% on the OC 1400 compared to 97-100% on the 7400.
But in some games like FO4 it gets about 10% lower FPS, despite having 40% lower CPU utilization.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117731&cm_re=7400-_-19-117-731-_-Product
geizhals.de/intel-core-i5-7400-bx80677i57400-a1553204.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i need people in here to lurk

R5 1400 - G4560
130% - 100% performance
500% - 100% price

Wasn't the R5 line supposed to be budget?

Fake news. Saged.

Ooo. Do it again, but now compare the 7400 to the g4560 that you shills have been recommending to people over the G4560.

Also, it's not "130-100%" performance.
69.1fps @ 80% utilization
46.5fps @ 88% utilization

That's 147%. In some games it's closer to double the fps/utilization.

Now lets compare the 7400 to the G4560
58.1FPS @ 94% utilization
46.5fps @ 88% utilization
113%
>13% better
>3 times the cost
>13%
L M A O

You actually try to justify that, you fuck. 3x the cost for 113% is fine, but less than 3x for 147% is not.

>3x the cost for 113% is fine, but less than 3x
I don't know where you shills are getting the prices, but 1400 is 4€ more than 7400. AM4 boards start at the double.

In the US it's cheaper.

Your bullshit taxes and price gouging retailers don't count for shit here.

And even if it was 4 poorfagbux cheaper, that doesn't justify being more than 30% weaker.

>AM4 boards start at the double

That's complete bullshit. B350 boards are dirt cheap and allow overclocking, unlike Intel's gimped mid and lower end chipsets.

The 1400 in this video is also held back by shitty RAM, a pre-release BIOS, and unoptimized games (we've seen 10-30% performance improvements from even initial steps at optimization). It also has twice the cores of the 7400, doesn't force you into an obsolete socket, and is cheaper to boot. You'd have to be insanely masochistic to opt for Intel's garbage in this case.

>But in some games like FO4 it gets about 10% lower FPS, despite having 40% lower CPU utilization.
Because Bethesda use the Intel compiler, which does not play nice with AMD CPUs. Blizzard do the same.

>twice the *threads

Ashes uses that compiler too.

FO4 is mostly just shittily programmed and that's that, as much as using ICC doesn't help.

>That's complete bullshit.
H110 starting at 51€, B350 starting at 84€. Last week, the cheapest B350 was 104€.

Regardless of being held back, getting the same FPS as the in BF1 7400 while barely using over half the CPU indicates you can have a bunch of shit running in the background without affecting performance.

I don't think anyone is stupid enough to only look at the "FPS" number without being aware of how much of the CPU is being used to drive that FPS. Except for but there can't be anyone else, I'm sure. There can't be that many stupid people.

H110 don't usually work for Kabylake. You need a B250 to ensure good compatibility.
And again, it's not AMD's fault that people in your poorfag country are rigging prices.

>Ashes uses that compiler too.
Source? I can't find mention of it anywhere, usually intel proudly display games that use their kit.

FO4 is motly the decade old engine that they still use. Bethesda beat the dead horse that is gamebryo for years now

Looks great after oc. It will probably be a popular cpu.

that just shows that g4560 is the only cpu that is worth its price
we need an amd equivalent of g4560

Seems decent for a budget CPU. The 1400 seems to be struggling in BF1 and GTA due to bad optimization and lower CPU usage %, but it is on par and beats the i5 in AssCreed, Hitman, RotR and TW3.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117731&cm_re=7400-_-19-117-731-_-Product

The 1400s msrp is $169.

3.8 on stock cooler. about the same a 1700 will do. are r5 all going to have the 4ghz wall making the non x varients our guy here as well?

The 1400 even comes with the shitty fan. Probably looking at the 1600 being the best value.

I love how the silly hype train is still running everywhere on the internet.

3,8Ghz will be the sweetspot for all of Ryzen CPU.

If you believe you can go beyond that without upping the voltage massively and thus increasing the heat dissipation and power consumption as well, you are but a dumb nut.

That said, I am eager to see how the 1400/1600 @ 3,8Ghz allcores compares to the i5-7600K efficiency wise.

I doubt it will beat the i5-7600K, same stuff with 1800X against the 7700K.
So for gaming, the Intel will be still the CPU to go.
The pricing is not an argument, because it's gonna be about the same.

>So for gaming, the Intel will be still the CPU to go.
>The pricing is not an argument, because it's gonna be about the same.

In the short term the 7500 will be the go to budget gaming cpu. Longer term, given AMDs effort to work with devs, we will probably see ryzen start overtaking kaby lake i5s in a couple years.

>pricing for an i5 is 239 and comes without a cooler
>pricing for the 1400 is 179.99
>Get the i5 goyim, it's cheaper! and performs better! (in games that use ONLY 4 threads and less. After which, the 1400 stomps on the i5 in both price and performance)

I swear the shilling on Sup Forums is going to give me an anuerism

>in a couple years.
I give it less than 12 months

What don't you understand?
The 1400 will cost around 180€ here, the i5-7400 is available for around 175€.

Whisful thinking is not a valid argument.

>Whisful thinking is not a valid argument.
We've already seen significant gains from developers optimizing for ryzen.

Don't know where you live but the 7400 is 210€ here. Prices have been released for all Ryzen cpus and the 1400 is 180€

>getting cucked by EU goyim tax
First of all, I want to see you post the prices, and then I'll offer my condolences to you
Tell achmed I said hello

>239
>anuerism

Yes, indeed you moron already have aneurysm.

1.Learn to spell
2.You are not telling us the currency
3.The i5-7600K costs 239€ here

4.Please kys

Where?
AotS?

With optimization running, the 7700k is still beating the 1800X.

geizhals.de/intel-core-i5-7400-bx80677i57400-a1553204.html

>posting some shitty frog

My condolensces if you come from the USA, I have looked up the price at newegg for the 7400, which costs 195$.

RIP

Difference being i5s are 4 threads. You will not see any gain from 16 threads vs 8 threads in gaming anytime soon. You will see a difference between 4 threads and 8 threads though.

>You will see a difference between 4 threads and 8 threads though
Source: my ass

>anuerysm
>dumb europoor has to replace I with y cause he can't afford it
>You are not telling us the currency
USD. You know, the only relevant currency in any serious discussion

Still haven't posted a screenshot have you? Good to know you were just lying through your teeth

>You will not see any gain from 16 threads vs 8 threads in gaming anytime soon

That's a spicy meme!

>who needs more than 2 cores :^)

>he bought a 7400
Wow lad, have fun cucking yourself with those clockspeeds. Maybe you can overclo- Oh yeah. You'll have to cough up some more shekels for that.

>which costs 195$.
How much do you intend to spend on the CPU cooler :^)

>AMD tards further making wild guesses

I haven't bought a new CPU yet.

Waiting for the Ryzen 5 benches, but not those made by some shitty AMD shill on YT.

In the case of the 1400, any 20$ cooler will beat it.

Again, that would make it costs the same.

You AMD tards are really living in your own reality.

It's funny seeing a $25 cheaper cpu coming within a few percent of intel and seeing shills act like AMD was completely btfo.

>stock 1400 beats a 7400 in hitman
Wonder what the difference is.

>$25 cheaper cpu

But it is not cheaper, deal with it.
It's mind-boggling how dumb some people are, and even going as far as ignoring the actual prices.

I bet you order some stuff, which costs 1000 bucks, but in your mind it is gonna be 100.

>even going by the price he posted its $15 cheaper
kek

I mean... yeah, that's not arguable.

No CPU performance/$ compares to the G4560.
The i5-7400 is a mere 13% better in some cases. The 1400 47% better.

So yeah, compared to the G4560 the 1400 still doesn't compete in actual value/$, but it's still WAY better than the 7400 for pure gaming.

Then you have the 7700k, which is like 55-65%(overclocked) better than the G4560 on average in games, and it costs almost 6 times as much, plus infinity times more for the cooler, and 3 times more for the motherboard.

But that's how it's always been with all tech. You pay way more and get less performance for your dollar with games because games aren't going to fully utilize them.

Indeed.

The craziest part is people still lying about no games using 4 threads, when the average performance improvement going from a 7600k to a 7700k (or just HT on vs HT off) is a 35% minimum framerate increase.
You can see it there, comapring the 2500k to the 2600k.
The past 4 years, the majority of games have seen a benefit from HT.
The past 2 years, the number of AA games that benefit significantly from HT is >80% of those released.

4c/4t is a joke. You're much better off just getting a 2c/4t unless the 4c/4t is roughly the same price.

Hey, maybe I'll change my mind about the G4560 then. Hoping to see more tests soon though. Don't want to fall for the hype train again. :c
[spoiler] Anons get so mad over the smallest things, I swear [/spoiler]

It's only coming within a few % because it's on average 90% utilized in those benchmarks compared to 65% on the 1400 OC.
The moment you just open a video on youtube, or windows decides to download an update, or someone talks on Discord, your FPS drops with the 7400.

The G4560 is a great CPU. Best CPU Intel has sold since the 4790k and 5820k.
Now if they'd sell the G4620 for $75 instead, that'd be even better.

>Anons get so mad over the smallest things, I swear

No, look it's not just user from the imageboard.

For instance look at those twats in the YT videos.

>169$

Which translate into 158,47€ + taxation of 19% resulting in a price of 188,58€.

Is more expensive than the 7400 here.

Hey wait, it's $75? I've seen people selling it for 60 or 55 dollars (American USD). Should I buy one for a sort of budget build?

>taxation of 19%
wtf I hate the EU now
>tfw no taxes on newegg

No, I said
>if
It's $93 in the US, which is too much.
If it was $75, it'd be worth stepping up from the G4560 to.

The G4560 is alright, but an extra 6% higher clock would be even better to prevent it from dipping under 60 on a few games.

>s/he only uses CPUs for gayming

Eh, so what?
Somehow the 7400 is more expensive on newegg even before taxes.

>he thinks EU is 1 country

Good lord

4c and 8 fucking t

to become as shit as an i5 ???

where's the competition to the i7s ??????????

Fuck you're retarded. And probably just pretending to be retarded when you really know better, so I won't bother explaining to you.

>The G4560 is a great CPU

If you like stuttering, sure. It's worth exactly what it's priced at. Saying its on par with an i3 is meaningless, because i3s were overpriced trash to begin with.

>tfw my employer provides me with a work computer that has more than enough power to do my job
All I need my home PC for is entertainment ;^)

>midrange CPU
>not made for entertainment and light work

Now AMDtards are trying to advertise the Ryzen 5 CPUs as working horses or what?

>you think he claimed the EU was one country when nothing he said would lead you to believe that
>he still hasn't posted a screenshot

The i5-7400 which costs 3 times more is only 13% better and doen't really stutter any less.

You need 8 threads to actually start getting less stuttering in games prone to it that stutter from not having enough.

It's probably just an intel shill memeing.

>So for 144hz gaming at 1080p or below while doing no productive work that requires multicore processing or running more than one service or program at the same time, the Intel will be still the CPU to go.

Fixed that for you :-)

Pretty sure 8 threads would be better for multi-tasking than 4. Especially with a game running.

Nice! Finally some good results. Good, solid value CPU. I think I'll be going with AMD for my next build.
>$0.05 has been deposited into my account

Oh, I understand now, you are an illiterate moron.

>taxation of 19%
>wtf I hate the EU now

Why on earth are the dumbest anons lurking on a technology board?
It's quite the irony.

If you cannot understand the implications from those 2 quotes, I am fairly certain your IQ is below 100.

>he still hasn't posted a screenshot

Why should I post a screenshot, when I have already gave you lazy idiots a link?

Who says germans don't have a sense of humor?

>Now AMDtards are trying to advertise the Ryzen 5 CPUs as working horses or what?
you know there are LOTS of other things that you can do with CPUs, right? I mean, of course you'd buy better cpus if you had the money, but for being a cheap CPU, these ones are very good

>But that's how it's always been with all tech. You pay way more and get less performance for your dollar with games because games aren't going to fully utilize them.
that's the case mostly with cpus
with gpus on the other hand you get what you pay for up to gtx1060 or maybe gtx1070, 1080 and above is not that much worth it
maybe amd will make a g4560 alternative with zen 2 or maybe with the first zen after a while

>forgot about the R3
>120-130 4 core overclockable and comes with a decent cooler unlike the Pentium
I can't wait to see the frame times on the R3 compared to pentiums

>with gpus on the other hand you get what you pay for up to gtx1060 or maybe gtx1070, 1080 and above is not that much worth it

Eh. Only recently so.

In the past, a 580 was like 2x more than a 570 yet only like 30% better, wasn't it?

This is actually the first time that I can remember that Nvidia has offered decent performance/$ for their high end cards, and I've been building many PCs since 2001.

>if I just keep pretending frame times correspond to "stuttering" I can cherry pick some frame time graphs that half of the lurkers won't really understand and thus change more minds
Fuck off you retarded autistic cunt and/or literal shill

>I said stuttering
But keep putting words in my mouth faggot

No LED ring :(

why would you need a better cooler for the pentium?
and why do you think i forgot about ryzen 3? it's double the price and you can already tell that it's going to be slower in games than a g4560

>guessing performance before it comes out
>he thinks the intel cooler isn't a meme

fuck, whatever, i will just get the 7700k then

Good goy
Enjoy you Socket change, lack of upgrade path, and tempertures

ryzen 5 is barely faster than that pentium so i guess that a slower ryzen 3 will get rekt pretty much
fucking hell is everyone here either an amd fanboy or intel fanboy?
Sup Forums was always kind of shit but it's hitting a new low

But frame times are literally the best way to objectively take a look at how smooth a game runs?

>ryzen 5 is barely faster than that pentium
MEGA SHILLBOT

Is there any reason to buy a 7700K other than to play last-gen games on a 144 Hz monitor? This obsolete piece of shit already turns into a stuttering mess in BF1 multiplayer, imagine how much worse things are going to get from here on out.

>1.2V to get 4.7MHz
>meanwhile no ryzen can get over 4.1 even with 1.5V

>lack of upgrade path
>upgrading an intel cpu
Lol, these things last forever

TRANSFORM!

so it's time for cherry picking a frame?
you know what an average is?

yeah but compare 1800x against the 6900K performance wise and the price 500€ vs 1200€

>IMPLYING IT MATTERS WHEN THOSE ARE THE TEMPS YOU GET
Just goes to show that Intel can't handle voltage for shit without overheating

>58% and 65% compared to 86% and 98%
Hmmmm, I wonder why?

Post the ryzen temps

I think the R3 line is supposed to be the budget chips.

They never posted that one but here is its power consumption

R3 budget R5 office/multimedia R7 gaming

probably because it has 8 threads and the game only uses 4?
do you guys still know how to think or do you only throw shit at each other and jack off to numbers?

>probably because it has 8 threads and the game only uses 4?
So you admit you are using gimped software to bottleneck the CPU? Okay

How convenient :^)

>100% cpu usage for 58.2fps
>92% cpu usage for 63.7fps
Very nice.

>98% cpu usage for 134 FPS
>65% CPU usage for 118 FPS
Nice. Ryzen wins again.

>it only uses 4 threads
If you have to lie, you obviously have no argument to begin with and ought to shut the fuck up.

Just reverse image search it if you care so much
I'd like to know as well but I don't speak russian