Why are you still using Windows 10?

Why are you still using Windows 10?

Why have you not yet downgraded to the greatest 7?

Other urls found in this thread:

technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/manage/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I used it for three months and went back to 8.1

Why havent you yet upgraded to GNU/Linux?

I never even "upgraded" to Windows 10

Games. I also still haven't figured out how to use a spreedsheet program that isn't excel as well as I can use excel. I wrote an excel macro that analyzes my bank statements and have never been able to replicate it in another program.

Games work on 7 too afaik.

I had a pirated copy of 7 that stopped working when the forced "upgrade" to 10 came about. The only way to fix it was to upgrade sadly. I've disabled as much of the stupid shit as possible.

I was already on Linux by the time it came out. Why weren't you? You have an open boot loader and a flash drive, don't you?

still wonder where the f**k is win 9

Excel doesn't work on Win7?

I've already read they skipped windows 9 because there were many legacy systems that checked the version of windows by doing something like
if "9" in get_windows_version_name():
version = "windows 95"

see

For the incredible DX12 performance of course, why else?

Win10 is shit but I'm too lazy to reformat.

Fucking Elon Musk Babbbyyyy!!!

Because Windows 10 is better.

Can your 7 year old OS do this?

I really want to abandon Windows for good however I still have to keep it on a dual boot with Linux because:
>I need it for software for school. (Wont run on wine without futher complications)
>Muh two ganes that wont run on wine period.
I hate how fucking botbet ridden W10 is. I at least only use Sup Forums on Linux when I can. Micropajeet can burn in hell.

What good is that?

My Windows PC is just a glorified console. The only thing I run on it is Steam. I have no reason to downgrade it.

>I hate how fucking botbet ridden W10 is.
technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/manage/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services

I can run the latest version of pypy that supports Python 3.5 but doesn't build on windows yet.

>beta
lol useless. also cuck

I bought some used components, installed 10 pro off a thumbdrive to give it a try and it said it was activated under digital license. Been running fine for almost a year and I've gotten used to the constant anal drilling.
Biggest gripes: fucking update nanny, defender nanny, multiple control panels, incompatibility with legacy software, looks. As a fairly normal fag that only uses his office pc for image creation and automotive software tools there have been zero benefits.

Read and then you can try again.

But I think they won't work on your cuck edition.

Try again what? It's a useless feature.

>It's a useless feature.
I have mentioned a very specific usecase which wsl allows.
Don't worry, you'll learn to read eventually with enough practice.

Yeah.. no. You can run a VM, it's a useless feature and just bloatware.

>You can run a VM
Yeah.. no. You can dual boot. VMs are useless.

Not my fault that your PC is trash. Mine can run two VMs at the same time without any issues.

You really need to work on your reading comprehension.
This has nothing to do with performance issues but with convenience.

Why would I run an entire separate operating system and have to set up network shares and what not when I can just natively run the program?

Is this post ironic? Modern hardware has made dual booting completely obsolete.

I have nothing to hide. Do you?

You're supposed to read it like "Why use Bash on Windows when you can use VM's" "Why use VM's when you can use Dual-Boot"

Bash on Windows is better because you don't have the performance loss of the VM layer. You instantly have bash as soon as you start it, you don't have to wait for the VM to spin up. Also C: is always at /mnt/c.

It is ironic.
I was saying that in this context WSL is to VMs what VMs are to dual booting.

Sure you could do the same thing by running a VM but it's very inconvenient compared to using WSL.

You have to set up what? Wtf are you talking about? Everything works out of the box in VMware workstation.

>I had a pirated copy of 7 that stopped working when the forced "upgrade" to 10 came about
what kind of logic is this? you couldn't stop the upgrade? you can't install MS office in a VM?
what are you doing in Sup Forums ?

>You have to set up what? Wtf are you talking about?
Set up a network share so I can access the host filesystem from the guest.
Are you drag-and-dropping shit all the time or something?

If I were you I'd drop that name out of shame.

I've upgraded from Windows 10 to Arch Linux with KDE.

>Set up a network share so I can access the host filesystem from the guest.
(not the same user)
this takes 10 seconds in virtualbox, prolly the same in vmware (haven't used it much)

I think you are retarded, m8

Because Windows 10 is currently the best of all OSes

>this takes 10 seconds in virtualbox
Compared to 0 seconds with WSL, no overhead and the ability to call windows and linux programs back and forth in the same shell.

Sure got me convinced m8.

>running winblows
>have a bunch of windows and apps open
>run an app that goes fullscreen at a lower resolution than your native res
>every window and app you had in the background gets sized down
>quit app
>everything stays sized down

this shit is literally fucking making my blood boil. I literally want to punch my pc do death

don't install the updates that have the auto-update malware in them then, duh.

>Compared to 0 seconds with WSL
but then, you aren't running linux, and you'll have a shitload of problems in your fake linux terminal

meanwhile, you could be running a real linux distro, and learning how to use the real thing, in VMs

>you'll have a shitload of problems in your fake linux terminal
The only problem is no cuda support. Everything else just werks.

Windows 10 is the best OS

>KeePass

because I have won the victory over myself.

I love Big Brother.

I've been fucking trying all day to downgrade but my computer won't boot to usb

Not him but i'm a guy who had win7 installed and had to update to service pack 1 bullshit.

the reason for this is because im not a fucking neet who does fuck all but browse and muh gaming. no, i had to install programs that allow me to develop websites for my, you know, actual job. these programs like xampp would not work worth anything less than win7 sp1

I have service pack one installed FOR THE SAME FUCKING REASON and don't have the install 10 malware, so no, it's because you installed the wrong updates, fuck off.

Cuz my laptop doesn't allow me ti install Windblows 7, onl 8 and 10, scum

No such thing exists. I run 7 on my XPS15 with a 6700HQ and installed it on few other laptops with KabyLake CPUs.

i generally don't use decade old OS's with over 10 gigs of security patches tacked on, too buggy

also 99.9% of Sup Forums users on Win7 have the same exact telemetry (muh botnet!) that Win10 has, same for 8/8.1. People are just super autistic and dumb on Sup Forums now.

my pc can beat up your pc, we'll fight today after the school bus drops us off okay

:(

I tried out the latest RTM and wew lad, they managed to make the OS even worse. You even get a 300+MB facebook app preinstalled now plus loads of other garbage. It is an advertising platform par excellence.

Went back to 7. Feels good, man.

7 a shit

Excellent post ty

>VMs are useless
You do not understand virtualization; VMs are awesome.

I downloaded something for my pc and it had malware and now my pc is super slow, how do i get rid of them? pc is super slow now and how do i back up steam saves? I'm just going to wipe the drive but keep a couple files

Then windows 98 would've coused issues too. I think they named it 10 because it's going to be the one used for the longest time. They wont release new versions, theyll just give it another 'anniversary update'.

>downgraded
I think you meant upgraded

Plz help

I don't use w**dows

How do you game then?