/sqt/ stupid questions thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
ebay.com/itm/ALL-New-Brand-Usb-Eu-Wall-Charger-Plug-5V-Ac-Power-Adapter-For-Iphone-6-Xiaomi-/172499464335
ebay.com/itm/5V-2A-USB-EU-Plug-Wall-Charger-Fast-Charging-Home-Travel-Adapter-Power-Adaptor-/121767939817
yworks.com/downloads#yEd
sourceforge.net/projects/dc5/files/beta/DcsFV_01.zip/download
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why did Hiroshima Nagasaki not combine /fa/ and Sup Forums?

I'm in Win 8.1 and I cannot get Net Framework 4.6.1 to install. It just hangs forever when I try. What do?

What boards were combined?

Install gentoo

How do i best get the most mAH for my phone charge?

My charge has been inconsistent now and it wasn't before

Ok so Windows failed on me, my 3rd recovery DVD is scratched and my recovery partition is not working.

wat do

What's the best GPU that'll last me but is priced budget wise

/fit/ and /lit/
/mlp/ and Sup Forums
/fa/ and /p/
Sup Forums and /ck/
/c/ and /an/

I think that's everything

best torrent client?

Reinstall Windows and activate with mstoolkit

"Budget" is a vague term. The 480 is a better choice than the 1060, if that's the price range you're looking at.

Qbittorrent on Windows. Transmission on GNU/Linux

/m/ and /o/

Can you tell me i'm fine?

Reinstall Windows from what ?

pastebin.com/smjvLZN4

If you have another computer you can just download the Windows Media creation tool straight from Microsoft, and it will burn the iso onto a USB for you.
Then just continue with the installation normally and 2hen it prompts you to enter a key click "enter a key at a later time" or something like that.

When you're done installing make an account in the mydigitallife forums, and download Microsoft toolkit. Use that to activate windows.

What is the difference between those two?

ebay.com/itm/ALL-New-Brand-Usb-Eu-Wall-Charger-Plug-5V-Ac-Power-Adapter-For-Iphone-6-Xiaomi-/172499464335

and

ebay.com/itm/5V-2A-USB-EU-Plug-Wall-Charger-Fast-Charging-Home-Travel-Adapter-Power-Adaptor-/121767939817

my r9 280x just died, I don't know anything about gpu past amd is coming out with something called vega soon.
what should i get to replace my 280x?
or
should i wait untill amd unveil vega before buying anything?

How to torrent without being tracked?

Why is it that youtube-dlG for windows never works for me? It always says video successfully downloaded in 0 minutes 0 seconds, but there's no vid. I've installed it on multiple computers with and without python/youtube-dl installed first.

Can't I just use the Windows key I already have ?

Yes

Is there a good tutorial out there to learn how to do diagrammatic modeling in LaTeX?

Or should I just give up and use yed and import the diagram I make to LaTeX?

Is it worth it to also/instead learn how to make graphs and shit in LaTeX?

run it in verbose mode and check output

Use i2p.

My old PC (Intel) has Win 10 installed on SSD, I just got my new PC (Ryzen) but forgot to put an optical on the build so I can't install Windows, can I transfer my old SSD in the new one and it would work?
I'm guessing no because not the same build...

In this case is there any way to install Windows without an optical drive?

It depends what price range you want to upgrade to. Vega is supposed to be high end and will probably try competing with GTX 1070 and above.
If you don't think you can afford cards at that level, then there's no point in waiting.

Use a VPN. Private trackers provide more protection than public, but it's possible that those trackers could be monitored as well.

Same issue with me

I've got Ubuntu running and am connected to my LAN. Everything on the terminal that requires internet doesn't work and most sites don't load either, yet Google and YouTube do fine, load up and play videos. Any idea what the issue might be?

As that other user said, on Windows: qBittorrent.

I don't know where I would find that output

Does pinging work?

>on everywhere
ftfy

err, what? how do you run youtube-dl? it should be in stderr like any other output

probably out my price range then, guess I'l just lurk for a build thread and see what people are putting in their builds via pc part picker.
thank.s

How does that work?

If you're considering a 1060/480 level card, go with the 480. It's overall much better than the 1060.
If you're interested in cards lower than that then I can't help you, as I don't know much about cards like the 1050 or the 470.

ping google.com

See if it responds or if it gives an error.

I'm not having problems with youtube-dl, it's youtube-dlG that's the issue.

I thought that was a typo, my bad

No error, what can i do with that?

It just tests to see if you have a working internet connection.
Try doing it with sites that aren't loading in your browser.

those prices are better than I hoped, I'l start looking around those levels Thank you user.

Well every non-google site is "unreachable", how is that possible

What is a UML diagram? What are some programs to create one for renting out stuff? I have no experinece in this, please help.

Anyone know how to access System.Data.OleDb in VS 2017? This humongously bloated piece of shit still says that Data.OleDb doesn't exist after I've installed about 4GB of their additional packages through this fucked up installer.

What the fuck is wrong with M$hit? This installer is terrible. I don't know what I'm installing most of the time because nothing has information and there's no documentation on what to install to get what functionality.

yworks.com/downloads#yEd

in VS? do you mean in C# or in the server explorer?
What are you trying to do?
What are you trying to connect to?
What did you install? OLEDB providers already come with the .NET framework, you shouldn't need to install anything.

Is that a good book to learn Javascript?

I'm trying to access it in C#, VS says that System.Data.OleDb does not exist.

Its just a local mdb file for testing, but there are no oleDb tools at all. This worked fine in VS 2015, so this is very frustrating.

I would've liked to see Sup Forums and /biz/

This would be great. Unfortunately I doubt that'll happen anytime soon.

I made a thread about it but I'll ask here just in case- how do you get videos to avoid auto-copyright detection on youtube?

What's the best vi-key addon for Firefox?

You're fine.

How can I learn Linux?

did you by chance create a .net core/standard project?
I can access System.Data.OleDb without problem on a minimal install.

If you can share the project file and I'll check if it works for me.

What specifically do you mean with "learn Linux"?

In any case, check out the /fglt/ sticky:

I don't want to be part of the meme.
I want to understand Linux.

Please elaborate.

This project was created (under .NET Framework 4.5.2)

New > Visual C# > Blank App

I thought I could add any additional tools I needed via the Project > Add Reference option, but System.Data.OleDb is not listed there either.

you probably need to add reference to it

right click project to the right, select add reference

When I lurk here on Sup Forums I see only animu desktop threads. I don't want to be a faggot, I want to be a Linux developer with deep balls.

How much would it take to make microprocessor ?

same here, oledb works with just c# and wpf+sql data tools installed

OleDb is part of System.Data which gets referenced by default.
The tools are for Visual Studio so you can generate/modify/connect to etc. different databases within it. This has no impact on C# or the .NET framework.

You could try removing the System.Data reference and adding it again.

Someone help got no internet on pc using lan
It was working fine but it just works for 5 secs and then doesnt work for 2 mins repeating
Wifi works though and internet company said theres no problem on their end
Already tried replacing lan cable but didnt work
Its not just browser qbittorent doesnt work either
I didnt mess with anything just happened randomly yesterday
What do g?

Install whatever distro seems cool to you, and don't use a riced tiling wm.

Maybe unironically install gentoo or slackware just to learn about the internals of the OS.

Have you tried restarting your router?

Incredibly expensive machinery.

Do you maybe use win10?

try using some pc that's not win10 to check whether it's your router or that monstrosity of an os.

i had similar problems

>learn about the internals of the OS.
Explain this

An old computer i bought off my bro came with a sound card, an austek xonar dx.
It needs a molex to floppy drive power cable in order to work.
Should I bother buying one or just take the sound card out and bin it?

Yea i restarted it and pc several times
Also used other lan port
I got an old laptop but its also w10 will check if lan works there
Not sure why it would randomly do it worked fine past 6 months

When you install one of these distros you have to do most of the installing manually, which forces you to learn how everything works.

So wifi works and lan doesn't on the same router, and you haven't changed anything? That's really strange. Maybe it's busted.

I've never had to add a System... reference, but here's a screen of the page, doesn't seem to be listed.

This is what I would have expected to happen, but as you can see from the previous posts, it refuses.

That's what I thought, but when it wasn't appearing I was unsure. So I installed a bunch of their garbage thinking it might help.

Thanks user, I will try.
What else do you suggest me to do?

You probably did something really stupid and made it worse by installing everything

Audio quality question here
If I'm outputting an audio and visual signal from hdmi into my monitor and then pulling the audio out from the 3.5mm jack on the monitor to my headphones will I be suffering a loss of quality compared to using an external DAC?
My monitor has speakers albeit shitty ones, that's why it has a 3.5mm jack built in

That's likely. I'll uninstall a bunch of this garbage and try again.

>windows universal

you are not targeting the .net framework, that's your problem.
you picked the wrong project type creating it, change it in the project settings.

Likely yes. You would be using the DAC in your monitor, and seeing as nobody seriously uses their monitor speakers, it's probably shit.

Whats the deal with 4k monitors?

Are they a meme?

I assume everything will look microscopic by default.

I've had this monitor for 12 years (high school graduation gift) and I am looking at upgrading since its getting this weird discoloration on the side.

How does 1920x1080 images and video look on a 3840x2160 screen? I'm assuming pretty bad right?

Would getting a replacement 1080p be a smarter move?

Do you understand this?

Hello,

I did a small command line tool to brute force passwords

sourceforge.net/projects/dc5/files/beta/DcsFV_01.zip/download

Configuration is in dcsfv.cfg

SearchTypes:
Authorize - try to decrypt each block (slow)
Regions - search contiguous regions of encrypted data. Encryption is detected by statistics.

e.g. brute force
SearchType = Authorize
Specify logins in dcsfv.cfg to check several passwords on each block
Specify one media path and begin = 0, end = 0 for for volumes

e.g. search regions with size ~1GB
SearchType = Regions
MinRegionSize = 2000000

Here's exactly how I created it and the accompanying properties window. I cannot change it at all.
Target version dropdown has no options.

Gotcha, what's the best order in the chain to pull the audio out?
I would guess have an hdmi to hdmi + audio splitter before the monitor

that's a windows-store app, not a normal .net program.
what you want is classic desktop

Any decent OS will let you scale things up, so that text, etc. is the same size but sharper on a 4K monitor. I used a laptop with a 4K monitor for a while, and most things looked great on it. However, images and video (that aren't 4K resolution) will look about as good as on a 1080p monitor.

Really, there's no use for 4K though, outside of ridiculously high-powered gayming rigs, or media work.

Is it possible to create an arduino power meter that will measure about 30A at 12 Volts?

If so, you should have an HDMI -> HDMI/Audio splitter with TOSLINK or similar, and then connect that to a good DAC.

Do you own a DAC? If so, play audio through the DAC and video through HDMI. The internal sound card in your PC is probably best otherwise.

My only options for creating a .NET project are the Console App, which I dont want because I need XAML and the visual tools, and Class Libraries, which are not what I want at all.

Do you mind spoon feeding me on how to make this into a .NET targeting project? Because I'm not seeing it.

With these
installed, should I be seeing more options? Should I reinstall this shit and see if it populates with more options?

What is the original audio source?

Higher resolution doesn't make much difference on video alone. For extra real estate on browsing/editing/gaming with menus it can be great. 1440p is ideal for that, especially if you've got a 27inch+ monitor. 4k has the advantage of scaling 4k perfectly though.

I don't think you can convert a store-app to a normal one.
what you want is classic desktop -> wpf app (.net framework).
it uses the normal .net framework and uses XAML for the GUI.

I made a bootable windows 7 USB using Microsoft's tool and a pirated iso and yet my computer won't boot to it. Am I an idiot or something? I seriously don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Did you add USB to your boot sequence in BIOS?

Re-made the project as Windows Classic Desktop > Empty and now it recognizes Data.OleDb

Thanks for the assistance

What's the cheapest VR I can get without resorting to cardbox to watch some VR/360 videos?

Did you verify the checksum? Is your processor skylake or kaby?

Now admit you're being a retard and VS is not that bad

Thanks guys I'll consider it.

Meant to say 4k scales 1080p perfectly. That's pretty much the only reason I would personally consider going over 1440p