Looking for new Operating System

Currently running windows "not genuine" and the activation key popup annoys me. I tried all the stuff from google search to try and get rid of it, none of them work.

You guys talk a lot about linux, is it free? I can't find much about it. What about ubuntu? It's free so I am downloading it. Any other alternatives for free?

Other urls found in this thread:

itsfoss.com/install-numix-ubuntu/
store.steampowered.com/linux#tab=TopSellers
forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/20810-Activation-solution-comparison
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I feel like ubuntu is a good choice for a guy like you OP. You won't be able to play games tho. Running it myself actually. Look up "best desktop environments" once you've installed it

try ubuntu mate.

How do people run two operating systems at once? Curious if that's possible. I could play games on this non genuine windows and use ubuntu for everything else?

Depends on the spec of your computer:
Reasonable spec - Ubuntu
Low spec - Xubuntu
Shit tier spec - Lubuntu

KMSpico

Ubuntu is alright as it is very noob-friendly.
But it is known to be spying on its users a bit, not as hard as Microsoft tho.
If you dont like the look of it after you've installed it (Unity), which is very understandable, you can install a different Desktop Environment like KDE or Gnome

Yes, try Ubuntu. And look at Steam's selection of games available for Linux. You might be surprised.

Also, look into Wine. It's a compatibility layer that allows you to run Windows programs in a Linux distro. I've been able to get most of my favorite Windows games to work under it, with a few that are glitchy because again this isn't Windows.

Download Windows 7 Pro ISO
Activate it with DazLoader
Upgrade it to Windows 10 Pro for free (You just have to pretend you use some accessibility features, they left this workaround on purpose)
Enjoy fully activated Windows 10 pro for free.

relatively easy to do, you should get an option during the ubuntu install process

yeah that's possible and easy to do. When you start the Ubuntu install it should detect Windows and ask if you want to install Ubuntu alongside Windows

Try Zorin, LinuxLite, KDE Neon, Fedora GNOME or openSUSE KDE, if you dislike Ubuntu Unity.

>Upgrade it to Windows 10

Why would you do that?

OpenBSD 6.1

-Virtualization
-chrooted install
-Dual booting, and calling it "at once"

Ubuntu gnome.

I've been running Ubuntu for 3 years and never looked back. The default unity theme is pretty ugly though. If you want to make unity look nicer, consider the Numix theme:

itsfoss.com/install-numix-ubuntu/

Learn bash scripting nigra
Shell script is like a ductape that puts up Linux together, can be a very powerful tool if you get proefficient at it

Oh boy would you look at the date

You can keep windows when installing ubuntu, using the dual boot system.

Make sure you install windows first, then ubuntu. If you do it the other way around, windows will overwrite the grub bootloader with itself, which is mildy annoying to fix

Use Ubuntu or ElementaryOS if you like MacOS style.

Do you like games?
Old games can be played with Wine and much new games already support Linux.

Star Citizen will also support it.

Just look at
store.steampowered.com/linux#tab=TopSellers
>ARK, CS:GO, Dying Light, CIV VI, DotA 2, etc.

But if you only need it for games, get a Win10 key for 5$ at Ebay.

Are you doing professional 2D or 3D art?
Then you should stay at Windows.

I don't use Ubuntu. I use Debian but how is Ubuntu spying on the user?

I'm a linux noob and I first installed Ubuntu. I liked it, but the fact that window buttons are on the left bugged me too much so I switched to Ubuntu GNOME. I fucking love it.

OP here

Another issue is that I have windows 7 32bit right now and it only recognizes 3gb of ram. I have 8gb and need the 64bit for it to recognize it. What would be the best way to do this if I want the dual OS?

Install Ubuntu now, uninstall windows 7 32bit then reinstall windows 7 64bit?

In terms of games, I want to play Rust. I don't have the fancy GTX graphics cards -- I have a AMD Radeon R7 200 Series. According to systemrequirementslab dot com, it says everything is good except for ram which is why I noticed the system only has 3gb ram useable. Everything else is good.

Also any notes on the AMD Radeon R7 200 Series? Someone built this computer for me, he said it should play games like WOW/League etc. I might want to upgrade to a gtx 970 for 200 bucks. All the GTX 1070/1080 are kind of expensive for me.

This. KMHispanicO always works.

First I want to say that you're fucking retarded. Second, let me say that I've been using GNU/Linux for 17 years, and you're definitely wanting it for the wrong reasons. Just pirate our Windows 7 properly, preferably with an OEM license instead of hacking pieces of the system; that way you will even be able to update it because it will pass as genuine. This is the only place where you can get legit piracy stuff for Windows:

forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/20810-Activation-solution-comparison

Check those alternatives and if your version is supported by Windows Loader (DAZ Loader) then go with that one. If you already removed parts of the system such as WAT, then it won't work; you will have to restore the stuff you removed first. Don't fall for the meme, you're just too stupid anyway.

Meant to say your instead of our*. Didn't intend to sound like a shill.

I run botnet and GNU plus Linux at the same time. It's comfy.

Windows should be always installed first. So here:
Uninstall Windows 7(x86) -> Install Windows 7(x64) -> Install Ubuntu.

Yeah. Unity is pretty retarded. It also has builtin botnet so you might wanna just purge it altogether.

>le builtin botnet
you can remove amazon crapware if a simple disable doesn't stop your autism you know

Every GNU/Linux distro is free. Ubuntu is great for beginners but you should look into Debian eventually. Ubuntu is based on Debian.