Pixio PX277

>27"
>144hz
>2560 x 1440 Resolution
>IPS panel
>4ms response rate
>FreeSync
>$341.00

Aside from the gay ass red logo that disrupts the black borders, is there anything wrong with this purchase?

Other urls found in this thread:

monoprice.com/Product?p_id=16384
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah, it's a shitty gook monitor from korea

The panels like this are all the same, and like FP says, pretty shitty. I had one. It had severe light bleed, the stand had me constantly worried if I breathed on it that it would break, and the power button never worked very well - I had to press it several times, at a specific angle, for it to work at all.

I spent a little more (480) for a dell monitor which has none of these problems.

$140 is more than "a little more".
What model did you get?
And what brands do you recommend to avoid bad quality?

bump

I bought a 1440p 144hz dell TN that everyone raves about, it's not bad but the black levels are awful. I know it's a TN, so I wasn't expecting IPS black levels, but these are just downright bad news. There's a "fix" for it being TN through the Nvidia control panel that just makes me mad as fuck, all it does is crank the digital vibrance and contrast until all the colors are oversaturated and the lowest 20ish black values get reduced to four different colors, making any black picture on your screen an absolute fucking nightmare to look at. Playing GTA V at night on this thing pisses me off every time because I can count the fucking color bands.

Honestly there's no 1440p IPS sweet spot, so yeah go and cop the Pixio. I regret not doing.

>stand had me constantly worried if I breathed on it that it would break
I think the stands on those are shit because they assume everyone will get it VESA mounted past a certain price point

monoprice.com/Product?p_id=16384

This thing was like $250 or $300 a few weeks ago, now I'm kicking myself for not ordering it. Probably just gonna refund a panel off amazon

>Freesync

Is G-sync (or just using this monitor with an nvidia gpu) possible with this?

>not curved
Can't drop fast enough

No
Gsync monitors cost like $200-300 more than a freesync monitor. If adaptive refresh rate is important to you doing anything but buying a current amd midranger or waiting for vega is a mistake.

If you want gsync and pay $650 for the monitor, then $500 for the GPU you could have gotten a $800 gpu and exactly the same monitor just freesync.

This is one of AMD's primary advantages at the moment as there are still games with engines that are totally incapable of sustaining 120+hz(WoW comes to mind) and an adaptive sync high refresh monitor does wonders for them.

Is there any advantage to Gsync? I'd assume that having that extra board in the monitor would allow it to perform better.

>16:9
There is something very wrong with this purchase

>is there anything wrong with this purchase?

Yeah the time it takes to get your insurance claim after the power supply blows and takes your house with it

>I bought a... TN
>but the black levels are awful

gsync typically has a slightly larger operational range but it's not something that any sane human could justify the colossal price hike
on average it's like 10hz delta larger

uh oh, looks like someone forgot to take his meds today

140$ amortized over seven years is not a lot you fucking mongoloid cut back on the junk food and you'll pay for it in a few months and maybe won't be so fucking repulsive

xD

Sure is
>27"
>1440P

the 4ms tells you nothing about how good the monitor is in real life though.

>tfw i just want a 24" 1080p 144h/240hz IPS monitor with a 3500R curve

I bpught this monitor, op.

Mine didnt have the red logo.

Bad things are
>stand is trash but replaceable
>some small back light bleed in the top left corner
>too lazy to rma to fix bleed
>takes a few sec to start up

Other than that it does what it said

>All the ports are on the side
>It has a brick adapter

I think those are reason enough to never look at this piece of shit again.

I forgot
>chink shi dp cable it comes it is trash will cause artifacts
Get a dp cable from a RadioShack